• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Clarky_Blues

Manager
Arrived back from Blackpool about an hour ago and still buzzing after Eastwood's last ditch winner!  
biggrin.gif

The game was a tale of two halves to be honest.  We totally dominated the 1st half and the game should have been over at half time.  Once we got the ball on the deck and started to pass it we played round Blackpool with little difficulty.  Gower hit the post after a great cross from Jupp and a number of other chances went begging before Bentley nodded in after 2 great crosses from Gower, the first cross was cleared off the line before Gower picked up the rebound and the rest is history.  Gutts and Eagle particularly stood out for me in the 1st half.  Blackpool looked a very very poor side.

Blackpool made two changes at half time and these seemed to inspire the home side.  We sat back and let Blackpool come at us, they were a totally different team.  We were really on our back feet for a considerable amount of time and the players not surpringsly looked tired.  I think it was Edwards who got turned and nutmegged and the cross came in and the ball fell to Parker who turned the ball in with 75 mins on the clock.

Enter Fredy Eastwood!  Eastwood collected the ball on the half way line and with no other support ran at the right full back before selling him a dummy shifting the ball to his right foot to bury a low drive from 18 yards in to the bottom left hand corner.  Not sure how he managed to get it in to the bottom left as he was shaping to put it across the keeper, a great finish, cue mental celebrations!

So we start 2006 TOP OF THE LEAGUE.  Great following today, looked approx 500 to me?

Roll on Oldham, another home game for Stockport Shrimpers!!

thats the way to get our own back on blackpool
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Museshrimper @ Jan. 02 2006,20:15)]There was 395 Shrimpers there, Clarky.
Looked more than that to me! Great following anyway seeing the amount people will have spent over the last few weeks.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Clarky_Blues @ Jan. 02 2006,19:23)]Not sure how he managed to get it in to the bottom left as he was shaping to put it across the keeper, a great finish, cue mental celebrations!
That was the brilliance of the goal!

Keeper expecting the far post curler and so edging towards the far post. Back peddaling defender pushing Freddy inside and inviting him to try the curler because he knew the keeper had it covered. So what does Freddy do? He shapes for the curler and draws the defender into an attempted block but instead wips the ball inside the near post.

Absolute brilliance!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Soton Blue @ Jan. 03 2006,08:01)]Could of course be that he miscued it!!
Probably one of the most fiercely struck miscues I've had the pleasure of seeing!

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Soton Blue @ Jan. 03 2006,08:01)]Could of course be that he miscued it!!
It's the same miscue he's done a few times now. Obviously not working hard in training is he?

BTW, chant of the afternoon for me was 'That was a penalty' when we were 2-1 up and somehow the ref and linesman didn't think Che scythed down their right winger in the last minute. That's the sort of luck you get when you're top / bottom (delete according to perspective).

Cracking day out though, and how well the lads have come through an extremely tough Christmas fixture list. Tilly is right to have a go at the league for a ridiculous 1,080 miles in 5 days, playing 4 games in 8 days.

It was also great to meet some more posters - a big auch aye to Glasgow Shrimper and Shrimp-in-a-Kilt. Still can't believe you didn't want a quick whisky!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Fish @ Jan. 03 2006,10:46)]
[b said:

BTW, chant of the afternoon for me was 'That was a penalty' when we were 2-1 up and somehow the ref and linesman didn't think Che scythed down their right winger in the last minute. That's the sort of luck you get when you're top / bottom (delete according to perspective).
Twas sung in the plane too. Cue a song "There's only one Che Wilson" and someone shouting out "Thank God"!! Harsh. But funny as hell. Im sure this has been mentioned elsewhere so im gunna shut up!

Kev

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Fish @ Jan. 03 2006,10:46)]It was also great to meet some more posters - a big auch aye to Glasgow Shrimper and Shrimp-in-a-Kilt. Still can't believe you didn't want a quick whisky!!
Whisky? I don't recall hearing that word??

tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Fish @ Jan. 03 2006,10:46)]BTW, chant of the afternoon for me was 'That was a penalty' when we were 2-1 up and somehow the ref and linesman didn't think Che scythed down their right winger in the last minute.
That's interesting. Most people on the Blackpool messageboards didn't think it was a penalty.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kris @ Jan. 03 2006,12:26)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Fish @ Jan. 03 2006,10:46)]BTW, chant of the afternoon for me was 'That was a penalty' when we were 2-1 up and somehow the ref and linesman didn't think Che scythed down their right winger in the last minute.
That's interesting. Most people on the Blackpool messageboards didn't think it was a penalty.
From up near the "No Stand" end where I was I saw the 'Pool player running into the box, saw Che sliding across, clearly not getting the ball and the 'Pool player crashing down. If Che touched him then surely a pen, if he didn't then yellow for a dive... Hence the "You don't know what you're doing" chant, followed by the joyful and malicious "That was a Penalty".

laugh.gif

The Blackpool consensus appears to be that their player had lost control of the ball and was already on his way to ground when Che caught him.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kris @ Jan. 03 2006,12:40)]The Blackpool consensus appears to be that their player had lost control of the ball and was already on his way to ground when Che caught him.
.....It was still a great chant!

biggrin.gif

Back