• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Top Gear

Is Top Gear Top Telly?

• Top Stuff

Votes: 50 89.3%
  • Top Tosh

Votes: 6 10.7%

• Total voters

shrimpled

Director⭐
The only thing on TV that i really watch. I personally think its worth the licence fee alone to see three grown men gooning around and acting like children. It's bloody marvellous if you ask me. Those three get to do everything i've ever wanted to do and more and i think it's seriously funny. I do though think that the show may divide opinion and this poll is just to see whether it does or not. Please vote and add your views.

You seem to have missed the poll!!

But the show is bloody amazing! 2nd only on the telly to Doctor Who!!!

Poll is now up and away. Unfortunately it's anonymous which wasn't the idea, but i'm slightly ****ed and thought i was taking so long so sort of forgot. I don't get Dr Who, it seems far to far-fetched. Top Gear gets better and better IMO.

You don't have to be into cars either. Absolutely brilliant entertainment and I would agree it keeps getting better every series it does.

As Clarkson gets older it gets funnier. I think he writes the show also (along with a couple of others) and it gives it more credibility in a way knowing that they are his ideas and not someone else's. I love cars but it certainly appeals to people who don't, even my Missus watches it. Where Clarkson gets the ideas from amazes me and his writings in the Times are a bloody good read also.

Top Gear is awesome.
Clarkson, Hamster and May compliment each other so well. Although Clarkson and Hamster are funny, May is the unsung star of the show with his dry sense of humour!

I like the challeneges and road trips they do for the sheer camradarie and banter they have. My favourite being when they did the endurance race last year, complete with sponsorship from "**** Biscuits"

Top Gear is just about the only decent show that the BBC have made in the past five years. I think most people like it even if they aren't into cars because it's just such an enjoyable programme.

I'm not into cars really either.. but, yeah, still find it entertaining..

just wish it wasn't so set up all the time!
what a shame!

Probably the show I miss most from the UK. (Although repeats of a series a few years back is currently being shown over here). nothing better than after a good dinner on a sunday night settling down on the sofa and watching 3 grown men live out most guys dreams. Then once it has finished crying uncontrolably as you realise that you will never do that job and tomorrow is monday and you have to be up at 6.30am to commute for an hour to a job you don't enjoy in weather that is more suited to Sibera for money that you rarely see. Thats why I am now in Oz!

I'm not into cars really either.. but, yeah, still find it entertaining..

just wish it wasn't so set up all the time!
what a shame!

What he said. I zone out when they review cars, but the rest of it is quality.

It has its moments- I can't stand Clarkson as a matter of course but will admit to having enjoyed some of the challenges and comedy set-ups (the America special where they daubed various pro-gay rights slogans on each other's cars then drove through the Deep South being a case in point). It does rely too much on a few easy targets for its humour though.

Back