• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Top Gear

Is Top Gear Top Telly?

• Top Stuff

Votes: 50 89.3%
  • Top Tosh

Votes: 6 10.7%

• Total voters
Some good stuff and some annoying stuff too. On the whole I like it.

Has anyone else noticed how Hammond must now have employed a stylist. Seems that since his crash he's changed his image. Looking at the repeats on 'Dave' he was quite soberly dressed. Now he's got floppy hair, bangles and necklaces.

Perhaps it was just the knock to his head... but he looks... like an idiot.

I think a lot of people i know have the same opinion, in that you don't have to be into cars to like the programme.

I would agree that James May is the unsung star of the show, and some of the car reviews he has done over the years have been the best moments

i'm not into cars at all but top gear is a quality programme and last nights first of the new series was a as good as ever.

I'm slightly bored of the usual supercar stuff each week and am in that group Clarkson moans about that would like to see "regular" cars on there more. Bit like the old days, which helped make it so popular.

But I do love the challenges like last nights. As a group doing something like that, they are so funny. Those are always the highlights of the shows for me. The travelling across London in 4 different modes of transport, the travelling across the USA with slogans sprayed all over their cars prompting near murder etc etc. Genius. The Britcar 24hr was probably my favourite episode ever though. Brought a lump to the throat seeing Clarkson crying in happiness at the end!

Never ever miss it...

Who else would think to reverse an all-aggro up a ramp to see how many cars you can jump...My guess is they will pick something that isn't in the guiness book of records each week...

Love watching Clarkson, Hamster and Captain Slow, haven't seen last nights yet as I was trying to stay awake during the Italy v Spain semi but looking forward to watching it tonight.

I watch it every now and then although I do find it a bit boring with all the car talk. Is it me or is the programme just designed to massage the egos of the presenters, pretty much- look how cool we all are. Also can't help but feel alot of it is put on, But it can be entertaining.

Back