• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tories also responsible for.....

All politicians love to either accept the accolades for success as theirs by right or blame their failures on outside factors. The growth we are presently seeing is in spite of government policy and not because of it. No one predicted the consumer spend that is leading the improving figures, the problem is that consumer spending is a fragile thing to rely on and succesive governments have depended on this far too much. The cost of austerity will be borne for many years to come and the next encumbants will have to spend money just to get us back to where we were in the first place, such is the cyclical nature of politics.

The Tories and the reds are all responsible for changing the sources and way figures are counted. If you take people of unemployment and put them on another form of benefit or raise ages etc then getting figures down is only partly true as is when many become self employed following benefits cut/investigation& incentives. I am very sceptical over all the claims and I don't think peoples life's should be screwed with for short term headlines. As has been stated none take the responsibility for any negative stuff.

My ignorant view,

Most MPs are born with a silver spoon and will rarely struggle in their life,They attend posh school's thus being closeted from the real world,They leave said school and normally obtain a lucrative job whilst mummy and daddy still throw piles of cash their way,They then crawl into politics and make laws which are impossible to enforce and just for good measure invent ridiculous policies which only benefit themselves or their mates.

My ignorant view,

Most MPs are born with a silver spoon and will rarely struggle in their life,They attend posh school's thus being closeted from the real world,They leave said school and normally obtain a lucrative job whilst mummy and daddy still throw piles of cash their way,They then crawl into politics and make laws which are impossible to enforce and just for good measure invent ridiculous policies which only benefit themselves or their mates.

You've started drinking rather early today, I see!!

My observant & intelligent view,

Edited for accuracy and honesty.

Dont believe all you hear about unemloyment levels dropping. Many people are signing off jsa onto working tax credits which costs the country just as much but gives the impression of lower unemployment!

Dont believe all you hear about unemloyment levels dropping. Many people are signing off jsa onto working tax credits which costs the country just as much but gives the impression of lower unemployment!

Irrespective of cost, surely to claim Working Tax Credit you have to sign off JSA therefore the unemployment figures will go down.

After Blair and Brown's complete cluster**** I am astounded that anyone could consider voting Labour back in for the next 20 years....unless you're a big fan of mindless mass immigration, cushy (pointless) public sector jobs and the most generous benefits system in the Western world.

The thought of (the ultimate 4 star hotel concierge) Miliband being our Prime Minister would be funny really if it wasn't so utterly wrong!

After Blair and Brown's complete cluster**** I am astounded that anyone could consider voting Labour back in for the next 20 years....unless you're a big fan of mindless mass immigration, cushy (pointless) public sector jobs and the most generous benefits system in the Western world.

The thought of (the ultimate 4 star hotel concierge) Miliband being our Prime Minister would be funny really if it wasn't so utterly wrong!

You'll just have to get used to the idea.It's going to happen next year.

Already got one on Steveo, with Superblue 24 (IIRC), and another with GHG that UKIP won't win a parliamentary seat either in a by-election before 2015 or at the 2015 GE.

But if you are that confident another tenner wont be an issue. So its a bet then?

I am not sorry to say (Barnablue) that Milliband is not credible as a leader or statesman and when it comes to voting, nice bloke he might be but as PM he would be a liability being bullied no end by the likes of Balls! The name tells a story.

We can guess that Milliband may be a **** PM but we actually know that Cameron is a **** PM
This is all too true but can you imagine Milliband on the world stage with Obama and Putin? Even the EU premiers would fancy their chances dealing with him. He reminds me of Pitt the Younger from the Blackadder sketches.

This is all too true but can you imagine Milliband on the world stage with Obama and Putin? Even the EU premiers would fancy their chances dealing with him. He reminds me of Pitt the Younger from the Blackadder sketches.

Yep, he'd be a complete embarrassment. You don't send a boy to do a man's job....

Back