• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tories also responsible for.....

Surely the question should be why did they turn them off in the first place?

Hosepipe bans and droughts seemed to be the regular news stories until recently Steveo. Could be that they just weren't required until 2013/2014. A bit of forward planning by the Enviromental Agency might have been appropriate.

In my experience, most Jocks are bigoted Anglophobe bellends. They define themselves as a nation by coming together as bigoted Anglophobe bellends and take great pride in it. If they go, they go - who cares?

Do they still have enough staff for a forward planning department?

I'm dealing with them for a NR project and they're pretty awful - I took the names of their own Hydrograph stations from their website and I get a call saying that they can't find them on their maps. :facepalm:

20 days and counting for some fairly basic river level data.....I know they're busy but come on!

I'm dealing with them for a NR project and they're pretty awful - I took the names of their own Hydrograph stations from their website and I get a call saying that they can't find them on their maps. :facepalm:

20 days and counting for some fairly basic river level data.....I know they're busy but come on!
River level - too high - job done!

In my experience, most Jocks are bigoted Anglophobe bellends. They define themselves as a nation by coming together as bigoted Anglophobe bellends and take great pride in it. If they go, they go - who cares?

Not all, which will be shown by the no vote. But don't ever forget that any true born Englishman wakes up and the first thing he thinks is "how do I shaft a Scotsman today". And never forget that if you are English you are personally responsible for the Highland clearances. Well at least that what the Nat bigots believe.

Capture.jpg

If you click on the image above, it's the Soil Moisture Deficit figures for the Somerset area (roughly) from 2006 to 2013 (all the data I currently have).

You can see that in the lead up to 2010, the SMD was actually very low, hence there was a very strong case for the pumps to be switched off. After 2010, the SMD data begins to rise - a prudent person may have considered switching them back on if this trend continued (and it did).

Sorry folks but in this case BarnaBlueGetsitRight.

View attachment 2594

If you click on the image above, it's the Soil Moisture Deficit figures for the Somerset area (roughly) from 2006 to 2013 (all the data I currently have).

You can see that in the lead up to 2010, the SMD was actually very low, hence there was a very strong case for the pumps to be switched off. After 2010, the SMD data begins to rise - a prudent person may have considered switching them back on if this trend continued (and it did).

Absolutely. I agree with every word Barna said about not letting a failed Labour politician lead the Environment Agency.

Absolutely. I agree with every word Barna said about not letting a failed Labour politician lead the Environment Agency.

Difficult to apportion blame surely? Owen Patterson is Secretary of State for Environment, Flood and Rural Affairs. You could argue that he has the power. Whoever is responsible clearly ignored the advice of the experts (I would hope).

Snarling mob who scream at each other whilst throwing plenty of insults and very Bad mannered,PM's questions:stunned:

And they run the country!

Bunch of suits with no morals.

View attachment 2594

Oh...just been emailed the missing data. I'll redo the graph if anyone wants it. Imagine it's rather high at the moment!

Are the Tories also responsible for Tony Blair's involvement in the hacking scandal too?

Are the Tories also responsible for Tony Blair's involvement in the hacking scandal too?
As much as laughing at Blair is appealing I do remember the "lol" stuff from Cameroon so I don't think the tories are blameless in arse licking to the press mandarins.

Of course. The people who decide the government are to blame for the flooding are probably the same people who failed to pay attention to (or didn't understand) the proximity of flood plains to their property in the conveyancing report.

Living close to the river\seafront comes with a risk, but they should be thankful for home insurance.

Genuine question as I don't know the answer, but does anyone know if the EA has had its funding cut since the election?

Back