• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tories also responsible for.....

Interesting to note that Milliband couldn't offer any viable response to the floods other than trying to score some cheap political points. Story of his whole political life really.

Do you honestly think Cameron would have done anything very different if their roles had been reversed?

The floods will have lost the Tories a lot of votes in the SW and elsewhere.

Isn't that a hypothetical question?

'Cos you were adamant not long ago that you don't do those, weren't you?

To clarify.I don't answer hypothetical questions.Life is too short,isn't it? :winking:

(As Karl Marx correctly observed:-"Philosophers have hitherto only interpreted the world in various ways; the point is to change it.")

Last edited:
Perhaps. So is there any reason I'm missing why people should answer yours?

Double standards, no?

(As Eric Cantona randomly observed:-*"Sac à Merde.")[/QUOTE

As Eric also famously observed:- `When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea.'

*Cantona's "sac à merde"comment was of course adressed to Henri Michel,not long before he played for Montpellier, where I saw him play in the same team as Carlos Valdaramma and Louis Blanc,back in the early 80's, before his move to Leeds and MU.

http://www.wat.tv/video/eric-cantona-henri-michel-1ktlq_2hgyp_.html

(As it happens-perhaps appropriately- we're in France this weekend).:smiles:

Back on topic.There are an awful lot of climate change deniers in the Tory ranks.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics...ailblock:Editable trailblock - news:Position1

Last edited:
Do you honestly think Cameron would have done anything very different if their roles had been reversed?

The floods will have lost the Tories a lot of votes in the SW and elsewhere.

Of course. The people who decide the government are to blame for the flooding are probably the same people who failed to pay attention to (or didn't understand) the proximity of flood plains to their property in the conveyancing report.

Living close to the river\seafront comes with a risk, but they should be thankful for home insurance.

Of course. The people who decide the government are to blame for the flooding are probably the same people who failed to pay attention to (or didn't understand) the proximity of flood plains to their property in the conveyancing report.

Living close to the river\seafront comes with a risk, but they should be thankful for home insurance.

According to an editorial in the Sunday Times today, over 200,000 new homes have been built on flood plains in the last 10 years or so.

That's a potential recipe for the disaster which has just happened.

Look at what happened to the Tories share of the vote in Wythenshawe.The floods could well be Cameron's Katrina.

Last edited:
Its all very well blaming the Government or the Environment agency, has anyone thought about blaming the weather?

Dont be silly, we're British. Someone else always has to be held accountable.

I would like to see the government redirect foreign aid though, but whether that would cause all kinds of political issues, I just dont know.

According to an editorial in the Sunday Times today, over 200,000 new homes have been built on flood plains in the last 10 years or so.

That's a potential recipe for the disaster which has just happened.

Look at what happened to the Tories share of the vote in Wythenshawe.The floods could well be Cameron's Katrina.

But those of us with more brain than a coconut might just know that the Somerset Level pumps were switched off in 2008 not 2010. Guess who was in charge themadays.

That was predictable. Why didn't Labour reopen the mines, why didn't they re nationalise the railways and the utility companies. As ever, you choose to pick holes only in what suits your completely blinkered view.
Because they remain filthy running dogs like the rest of them.

The *******inos have got inflation down to under 2%!
Or so their corrupted and constantly changing measurements of certain price statistics reckon?

What is offending my sensibilities at the moment is the Scottish referendum - how much money is that costing to administer? If the cheery Chancellor had stated from the off that an independent Scotland would have to produce their own currency then the opinion polls would be firmly in the no camp and we could save all the time and money on going through the motions. 'We are truly democratic so will give you a referendum - and if you vote the wrong way we will truly **** you over'. Is this what I want my taxes spent on? The EU referendum will go the same way, all three major parties want to stay in so what will the Chancellor pull of of his hate to make sure that happens? Elections are expensive and time consuming so stop creating new ballots that you will ensure have a foregone conclusion and focus on doing what it says in your manifesto.

What is offending my sensibilities at the moment is the Scottish referendum - how much money is that costing to administer? If the cheery Chancellor had stated from the off that an independent Scotland would have to produce their own currency then the opinion polls would be firmly in the no camp and we could save all the time and money on going through the motions. 'We are truly democratic so will give you a referendum - and if you vote the wrong way we will truly **** you over'. Is this what I want my taxes spent on? The EU referendum will go the same way, all three major parties want to stay in so what will the Chancellor pull of of his hate to make sure that happens? Elections are expensive and time consuming so stop creating new ballots that you will ensure have a foregone conclusion and focus on doing what it says in your manifesto.
I'd like think/hope that the Scots are paying for it from their own revenues! But I doubt that. And I agree with you as it smacks a tad of school playground stuff by all the players. I am part Scot and spend at least a few weeks there every year, my daughter lives there, and I know lots of them are sick of it all as well. Salmond is a bigoted Anglophobe bellend.

Back