• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sorry to hear about that... my little girl has autism aswell and touch wood we haven't had that sort of situation at the football yet. It's the only time she sits quietly and really takes the whole game in...

on a side note, when did people on here start taking their kids to the games? My boys 3 turns 4 in February and I can't wait to get him down roots hall for his first game. Just wondered what people thought the right age was.

My son is the same age as yours (four in Feb), and he's pretty good so I'm thinking about taking him to a game in the autumn. We can fly down from Manchester to Southend and have a nice lads weekend which should be good fun. Still expect to have to take a rucksack full of snacks and bits to keep him happy during the game, but I think he should be ok with it. Will probably miss any goals due to having to go back and forth to the toilet...

Sorry to hear about that... my little girl has autism aswell and touch wood we haven't had that sort of situation at the football yet. It's the only time she sits quietly and really takes the whole game in...

on a side note, when did people on here start taking their kids to the games? My boys 3 turns 4 in February and I can't wait to get him down roots hall for his first game. Just wondered what people thought the right age was.

My daughter went at the end of last season at age 5....absolutely loved it (the game where Lenny got sent off but we won 3-1)....keen to go back. Not sure she'd enjoy it so much in the winter however!

We have some massive pricks in our away support, the one's who look like extras from the football factory generally. I don't think it's unique to Southend united though

We have some massive pricks in our away support, the one's who look like extras from the football factory generally. I don't think it's unique to Southend united though

Ron Jeremy looks more 70's than football factory

Sadly not. As we've seen there are older ***** who still influence young ***** and so it goes.

Every single club have these fans it's just how it is, I even saw grown men buying 15/16yearolds beer before the game

Sadly not. As we've seen there are older ***** who still influence young ***** and so it goes.

Not on this occassion. He was twenty + and old enough to both know better and recieve a smack in the mouth. Which if it wasn't for my lad being there is exactly what he would have got.

Thank you all for the kind words, Joe has calmed down a lot now but it might be a while before we go again together which erks me more than anything else.

So one mans behaviour tarnishes everyone and anyone my age, who travels in that group, doesn't wear colours and drinks heavily on route?

What happened with your lad is sad and shouldn't happen, but everyone is so quick to tarnish people as "Non-Supporters" based on how they dress and act, when actually they spend their money and practically every other weekend follow Southend mainly up and occasionally down the country.

Don't tarnish everyone with the same brush chaps.

Not on this occassion. He was twenty + and old enough to both know better and recieve a smack in the mouth. Which if it wasn't for my lad being there is exactly what he would have got.

Thank you all for the kind words, Joe has calmed down a lot now but it might be a while before we go again together which erks me more than anything else.

One of the reasons we stopped travelling away was because of drunken louts/yobs/idiots drunk as sacks effing and blinding without any thought for anyone else....hope your kid is ok.

So one mans behaviour tarnishes everyone and anyone my age, who travels in that group, doesn't wear colours and drinks heavily on route?

What happened with your lad is sad and shouldn't happen, but everyone is so quick to tarnish people as "Non-Supporters" based on how they dress and act, when actually they spend their money and practically every other weekend follow Southend mainly up and occasionally down the country.

I couldn't give a toss how much money you and your mates spend.

1. This runt was highly offensive to the staff because he didn't want pay for water.

2. He scared the **** out of a 7 year old boy which is a cardinal sin in any fathers eyes.

3. If there is a next time he will need more than water for his medical condition if I'm in the vicinity.

1. This runt was highly offensive to the staff because he didn't want pay for water.

2. He scared the **** out of a 7 year old boy which is a cardinal sin in any fathers eyes.

3. If there is a next time he will need more than water for his medical condition if I'm in the vicinity.
Please find the part where I excused the blokes behaviour? I don't even know who the bloke was, so how you've identified he's a mate of mine is beyond me.

tvu5YOj.jpg

Lenny makes a good point about young fans so why are you having a go at him. Rotherham would have catered for your sons need if you had thought about a bit better.

Nothing wrong with having a few drinks with the lads, it's great when you can get all your mates together and do that. Doesn't happen often for me now as in my mid 30's most of us have other commitments, but that only makes you appreciate it more when it does happen. Going casual or in your shirt isn't really an issue but come on, if you are clad in stone island you are wanting to live up to a certain image. I'll happily admit I will judge a person straight away if they are wearing it.

Nothing wrong with having a few drinks with the lads, it's great when you can get all your mates together and do that. Doesn't happen often for me now as in my mid 30's most of us have other commitments, but that only makes you appreciate it more when it does happen. Going casual or in your shirt isn't really an issue but come on, if you are clad in stone island you are wanting to live up to a certain image. I'll happily admit I will judge a person straight away if they are wearing it.
Yeah of course. I know the majority, even just by face, of Southend fans so it's less judging, but if I see a rival fan wearing Stone Island or CP, you instantly know to be more wary.

Obviously not everyone in Stone Island wants to knock you out, but you make a valid point and I can't argue with that!

Yeah of course. I know the majority, even just by face, of Southend fans so it's less judging, but if I see a rival fan wearing Stone Island or CP, you instantly know to be more wary.

Obviously not everyone in Stone Island wants to knock you out, but you make a valid point and I can't argue with that!

What about Weekend Offender?

Lenny makes a good point about young fans so why are you having a go at him. Rotherham would have catered for your sons need if you had thought about a bit better.

How would they have done that? I've a kid that had difficulty with loud noises much in the scenario reported. Not quite sure what reasonable adjustment a football club could put in place in a football ground inhabited by football fans to mitigate that. It's not an easy one.

In this case the incident happened at a food bar. It could easily have happened anywhere in the stand - lets be honest, if you were in the away end - you would have heard loads of very angry people making very angry noises.

But the fact remains, like every other club, we do have some people who forget there are other people around who may not wish to listen to their bile, but let's not tar everyone of a certain age or dress sense with the same brush.

Oh, I'm sorry, I never realised that Rotherham catered for away supporters that didn't want hear a wannabe mug screaming and abusing their staff. How silly do I feel that I didn't have the forethought to phone ahead and check that there was a area set aside for children who don't want the **** scared out of them by their own set of fans over a cup of water.

I really must check my ticket next time,

'Gobby ******s who like to abuse our staff this way'

'Normal people this way'

Millwall in the cup last season - around 10 or so muppets started shouting and giving the finger to the Millwall fans to the left of us. They all stood behind a steward, they were so brave. I have never wanted Millwall to come over the wall so much, they would have soiled themselves.
Mob mentality, never understood it to be honest, perhaps it's a cover up for having small genitalia?

Back