• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Traffic census on A127 and A130

KrustyTheKray

President
Anyone get caught up in any of these?

A127 going London bound during rush hour they have a lane closed off for a poxy census!

The same thing yesterday going southbound on the new A130!

Luckily i never used either road, but this seems a bit much to totally close off a lane, then the Police make random cars pull in, and jobsworth highways agency people ask you to complete a questionaire!

They also do it during record hot temperatures  
mad.gif

They make people very late for work (read yesterday's front page of the echo and just see for yourself the disruption), some poor chap took i think 2 hours to travel a journey that normally takes half hour or so?

mad.gif

Just what is the point!  As though they dont already know enough.  I'm sure they just like to annoy the motorists of Essex, and all Essex County Council can do is give out an apology.  Pathetic.

Anyone else seen those trainspotting traffic survey people.  What an silly job.  Do they go to a trainspotting club to recruit new employees  
laugh.gif

Be interesting to see other people's thoughts on here.

Rant over!Read about it here!!!

I saw one the other day near lakeside and call me cynical but the police were definitely 'inviting' drivers of older cars to partake in the survey.

I would imagine that it probably maximises the odds of an easy pinch if the drivers don't have tax/insurance/MOT.

Cencus people are like traffic wardens , they couldn't do a proper job so they set out to annoy as many people as possible, and they are quite successful at it.
A mate was pulled and asked "Why do you use this road (the A127) ? His reply "to get home" . I wonder how many people came out with that one?

Pointless.

Took my significant other 2hrs to get from Southend to Billericay on Wednesday due to those muppets

I mean only a tool of the highest order would close a lane of the A127 during morning rush hour

[b said:
Quote[/b] (statski77 @ July 21 2006,08:26)]Took my significant other 2hrs to get from Southend to Billericay on Wednesday due to those muppets

I mean only a tool of the highest order would close a lane of the A127 during morning rush hour
That's just terrible!

Reading it in the Echo last night made me really angry and i never even got caught up in it.

This shouldn't be allowed to go on!!
mad.gif

also buggered up the a132 from pitsea to the a127. I can normally do home to work in around 10 mins but it took 50 that day
mad.gif

Last week, after my 12 hr night shift, which is an hours drive away in London, got pulled over for the census outside the Bell pub,and eventually got in at 9.30. Seeing as I left home at 5.30 the previous night, the tart asking me questions thought I was ****ed and called the plod over. Luckily they were more undesrtanding when I explained I was groggy because I'd just been stuck in an effing jam for over an hour just to be asked half arsed question by a pre menstrual pixie.
Then bugger me (er, no, actually dont bother,) this week I get caught going to work at the old Fortune of War roundabout thing and lose an hours pay cos I was late.
Next time I'm just gonna go postal and waste the lot of them.
mad.gif

mad.gif

mad.gif

Oh yeah, forgot to add the dumb question I was asked.
After telling troll girl I was going home she then asked " is the parking free where you're going?"
FFS, she wasn't even listening,  she must've thought I said I was going to the NCP.
Sod this, I'm going to do the trivia thing now.
Oo.gif

Back