• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer Time

Epic Fail - Thought the Financial Update was at 18.00. Player sold at 17.54, unfortunately 24 mins after Financial Update had taken place. So still OD, and will now have to sell a decent player to get through to next week...

Epic Fail - Thought the Financial Update was at 18.00. Player sold at 17.54, unfortunately 24 mins after Financial Update had taken place. So still OD, and will now have to sell a decent player to get through to next week...
That's only been the same for 7 years :smile:

We're in the opposite situation at the moment. Decided that 6 all rounders was over the top so sold Nadeeka and already had a bite at £3.4m so we'll have almost £8m in the bank at the end of the week with no specific need to spend. May hold on for now as there's the usual early season demand pushing prices up. Ultimately I'll be looking to buy in replacements for Wanless (34), Gulzar and Guneratne (both 33) and then we'll be sorted for a few seasons as our next oldest is Digana at 31.

Not too upset with this for 320K

I don't have the time to spend all day on TM but managed to close this out last night during a beer fest. Guessing he is low but he'll get 2 bowl and a field net. Knowing my luck I'll pull a decent YP today !

Greg Champness (4435872)

Greg is a steady LH Batsman, and a steady LM Bowler. He has abysmal leadership skills and worthless experience.

He currently has respectable batting form, respectable bowling form and sublime fitness.

Plays For: ShrimperZone Vets CC
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 6,154 (+63)
Wages: £776 p/w
Preference: None
Trait: None
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: woeful Concentration: worthless
Bowling: respectable Consistency: competent
Fielding: abysmal

That's only been the same for 7 years :smile:

We're in the opposite situation at the moment. Decided that 6 all rounders was over the top so sold Nadeeka and already had a bite at £3.4m so we'll have almost £8m in the bank at the end of the week with no specific need to spend. May hold on for now as there's the usual early season demand pushing prices up. Ultimately I'll be looking to buy in replacements for Wanless (34), Gulzar and Guneratne (both 33) and then we'll be sorted for a few seasons as our next oldest is Digana at 31.

Its a bit un-related... but dead chuffed with my victory over Canberra Convicts in the SZ league :winking:

Its a bit un-related... but dead chuffed with my victory over Canberra Convicts in the SZ league :winking:
Not entirely unrelated, they did sell 3 players just beforehand so it was a bit of a shell of a team you played. Perhaps the manager has learnt from the bankruptcy misfortunes of others! :smile:

Oh and my plan to save my cash failed rather badly as I splurged on two bowlers within a couple of hours of my last post. If I go out of the cup on Sunday I will sell two of my oldies.

Interesting final day. I'm 148 ahead with 8 in hand. Been Sunny for 2 days and set for that again tomorrow but hoping that changes. Target set at around 300. Hoping for 70 overs at them.

Oops

Last edited:
Bought for franchise for 600K had 2 nets on him so I'm assuming he is a pop/sale?

20. Shaka Minshall (4450816)

Shaka is a defensive RH Batsman, and a destructive RFM Bowler. He has feeble leadership skills and worthless experience.

He currently has proficient batting form, respectable bowling form and lively fitness.

Plays For: SZ Vets CC Franchise XI
Nationality: West Indies
Battrick Rating: 7,986 (+557)
Wages: £1,038 p/w
Preference: Favours Flat Pitches
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: competent
Bowling: respectable Consistency: competent
Fielding: worthless

He won't have popped, he probably thought the wage meant he'd be a one week pop to proficient but the competet secondaries eat into a bit of that. Should be proficient within a couple of weeks though.

Shows that the franchise effect has dimmed when I couldn't sell a high competent YP with stamina and fielding for £1k! Tempted to train to respectable and sell but I don't really want to take nets of anyone.

Paid over the odds at 350k and also in the market for a sensational medium pacer but I need this for PFL and can afford another 50k wages. PFL management for my double promotion push.

Dave Morrison (958771)

Dave is an attacking LH Batsman, and an attacking LM Bowler. He has competent leadership skills and elite experience.

He currently has competent batting form, superb bowling form and sublime fitness.

Plays For: ShrimperZone Vets CC
Nationality: Australia
Battrick Rating: 60,234 (-56)
Wages: £24,016 p/w
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
Bowling: exceptional Consistency: sensational
Fielding: competent

Will be all change at SZCC if we go out of the cup on Saturday. With no intentions of promotion in any format it seems as good a time as ever to refresh the team. Out will go Wanless (34), Guneratne (33) and Gulzar (33), total wages of £278k. Will be looking to bring in a young phenomenal bat/WK and then will be selling Gulpen later in the season and buying in a young masterful/miraculous bowler.

This will leave us with my oldest players nicely staggered at 31, 30, 29 and 28 x 2 making it very easy to replace one each year and keep the squad nicely refreshed.

I'm starting to shift my opinion on double netting, always been an advocate of single netting but I'm starting to realise that you need some double netting in there to get the player to first team duties in time. More recently I've been letting others do this and then single net from there but you end up paying a premium for these players that is not much less than a completely trained player goes for. I think I may have to return to a 'train to sell' mentality.

Done some business today,

Sold for 1.5 mill-

Kenny is an attacking LH Batsman, and a destructive LFM Bowler. He has woeful leadership skills and strong experience.

He currently has respectable batting form, superb bowling form and invigorated fitness.

Plays For: Deep Backward Square Leg
Nationality: Australia
Battrick Rating: 46,772
Wages: £8,862 p/w
Stamina: strong Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: superb Concentration: proficient
Bowling: superb Consistency: remarkable
Fielding: feeble

Bought for £2.2 mill -

Owen is a destructive RH Batsman, and a destructive RM Bowler. He has mediocre leadership skills and exquisite experience.

He currently has abysmal batting form, superb bowling form and energetic fitness.

Plays For: Deep Backward Square Leg
Nationality: New Zealand
Dual Nationality: India
Battrick Rating: 46,227
Wages: £21,690 p/w
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: exceptional Consistency: wonderful
Fielding: mediocre

I virtually always double net primary until they turn 19. I think the difference with you B is that you tended to go for allrounders so neither is right or wrong. Just different and means i have more spare nets. I have one AR and that's it. I need to train another one up but may buy semi-trained for that. Will be season after next as I rotate between bowl and bat new trainee then periodically have to have WK trainee in 3 seasons time to prepare for current one ageing but that doubles as my incoming bat trainee. Allrounder doubles as bowl trainee so double net bowling single net batting. Obviously 1 and 1 if semi trained

Also though I have old players in squad I'm still on track for trainee to step up to first team when they retire with equivalent or better skills. Batsmen may need to go on for longer and maybe another 2 seasons before that is perfect but bowling replacement is timed spot on. Blinkhorn will be a big loss. Not overly skilled but seems to have hidden match winning attributes

How much do you think I should be looking to pay for a sensational bowler, sensational consistency in their early 20s?

How much do you think I should be looking to pay for a sensational bowler, sensational consistency in their early 20s?
You'll be lucky to get him for much less than £4m. Pretty much a peak player, optimable wages and trainable to whatever level you want. I paid £4.7m for an equivalent batsman, though he had superb stamina.

For info I listed a 21yo exceptional/wonderful bat with respectable stamina for £3.6m and have already got a bite. I saw a 20yo bowling equivalent with superb stamina sell for £3.9m (though would have been less had I not stuck a few bids in).

Back