• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Travel Back From Spurs

Stodge

First XI
I don't know about anyone else, but I sat in traffic for an hour last time before getting onto the North Circular. I've also heard that the cues for the trains were a nightmare.

Did anyone find a place to park or a station to go to that gets you home quicker? Or do we just have to suffer the pain and be thankful that as we support our local team we don't have to do it every other week?

We parked on some crappy estate just north of the North Circular last time. Was about a 20 minute walk form the gorund (IIRC), but once back to the car we were moving straight away.

I got the train to Tottenham Hale from Liverpool Street and then walked for 20 mins (I needed an A to Z) but it was an easy walk with no crowds. Leaving was just as good. I'm gonna do the same on Sat
biggrin.gif

Walk straight down the main road to Seven Sisters tube station which takes about 20mins and get the tube to Fenchurch St or Liverpool St.

No hassels that way if you can take a bit of a walk to the tube
biggrin.gif

Try heading South Down the High Road down to Monumet way. Turn left there, bear left onto Ferry Lane, keep going till you get to Whipps Cross roundabout, join A406 Briefly then take M11 north and go round to M25. Should do it in about an hour.

Best option - find a pub within walking distance of the ground and stay there until 9pm before staggering to White Hart Lane station. Beats all that queueing!

Try heading South Down the High Road down to Monumet way. Turn left there, bear left onto Ferry Lane, keep going till you get to Whipps Cross roundabout, join A406 Briefly then take M11 north and go round to M25. Should do it in about an hour.

We got stuck for over an hour going south too. The whole area gets gridlocked locally; the best place to park is definitely up by the North Circular according to a Spurs mate.

The queues after the League CUp game were caused by the fact that nobody thought to delay the football trains that had been arranged in the event of the game going to extra time. So about the time that Defoe stuck his (offside) boot out, lots of empty trains were wending their way back to central London without us on them.

This time will be different - there's no extra time on the first game. And we'll have the trains to ourselves because the Yids will have gone home early in abject misery :D

I don't know about anyone else, but I sat in traffic for an hour last time before getting onto the North Circular. I've also heard that the cues for the trains were a nightmare.

Did anyone find a place to park or a station to go to that gets you home quicker? Or do we just have to suffer the pain and be thankful that as we support our local team we don't have to do it every other week?

Trains won't be as bad this time because there'll be more people hanging around after the game. Roads may be worse because I guess its generally busier at 5pm Sat afternoon than 10:30pm on a Tues night.

Back