• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Truly great albums

"Invisible Touch" by Genesis...

You get to "Throwing It All Away" and are loving it then all of a sudden BANG, "The Brazilian".

Top, top album.

!BvP,rN!!mk~$(KGrHqZ,!h!Ev1+0EGZ-BMDtSe)MIQ~~_35.JPG

"Invisible Touch" by Genesis...

You get to "Throwing It All Away" and are loving it then all of a sudden BANG, "The Brazilian".

Top, top album.

!BvP,rN!!mk~$(KGrHqZ,!h!Ev1+0EGZ-BMDtSe)MIQ~~_35.JPG

Id get as far as Invsible Touch before wanting to push my head through a closed patio door. I am partial to a Brazilian though... :smile:

Sigur Ros - Agaetis byrjun or ( )both excellent in my opinion
[h=3][/h]

A few from the golden year of 1977:-

Television - 'Marquee Moon'
The Clash - 'The Clash'
Ian Dury & The Blockheads - 'New Boots and Panties'

Sigur Ros - Agaetis byrjun or ( )both excellent in my opinion
I know its obvious as its their big album but I think they peaked with 'Takk'. Their string section are a band called Amiina who are all subtle beauty built around bowed saws, hand bells, sewing machines - well worth checkking out, as are another Icelandic band called Mum. Something in the water in that country.

Fleetwood Mac - Rumours

This along with Bridge over Troubled Water are two albums that whatever your taste is in music you cannot fail to appreciate the marvel of the creation and the performance. And both of them cut it live and would still fill stadiums the world over.

Simon and Garfunkel I will listen to when I'm up, down, tired. Utterly fantastic. I've now got The Boxer playing on iPhone on the way into work.

There are two albums that are more on the "pop" side of music that I thought would be in this category but there is one duff track on each, which kind of backs up the point being made here. They are Thriller, by Michael Jackson and A New World Record by ELO.

But for me there is a not particularly well known album called Sunburst Finish by a not particularly popular band, Be Bop Deluxe, where every track is very, very listenable.

Stars of the Lid - And Their Refinement of the Decline

Just bagged some tickets for their gig in London in Dec. First gig for ages, wahey!!

Back