• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Now, I don't want to appear to have prematurely turned into Victor Meldrew but what is it with TV advertising these days? It's almost as if Advertising Execs have had one too many snort of the old nose cleanser & collectively decided that if an ad annoys it therefore has permeated into the public's collective thoughts & vision.

My top 3 have to be (in no particular order): -
Halifax/Bank of Scotland starring that gimp who works for them (I mean this has gone on far too long, he was the "celebrity" guest at the British Speedway GP a few years ago, but that's another matter).
BabyBel with the "cheesy" no pun intended hallucegenic grins of all concerned & particularly the bunch of racing cyclists who joyfully ring their bells as they traverse a twee little bridge.
Kia Picanto voiced by that annoying self-important untalented bint from Smack The Pony in what can only be described as a voice somewhere between Nancy Dell' Olio & Nancy Lam. "Thinking Person's Small Car" more like box on wheels bought by cretins.

So, what's yours?

PS: Rant over!!!
oops.gif

Worst:

Secured loan adverts.

Ambulance chasing law firm adverts.

Any advert with Carol Vorderman.

Best:

Hoffmeister 'follow the bear' advert where George the bear is playing Sunday league football in his trilby hat.

Miaow mix.

I'll be the first to say Crazy Frog.

Anything where Karl Howman tries to clean his feckin kitchen

and the one where that woman doesn't severely maim her two lads for leaving the kitchen looking like a s**thole

Harold from the Halifax... what a pecker. Has he not twigged that we're sick of the sight of his daft mug...

The Muller advert freaks me out.

Lucky the dog - that mutt needs running over.

Michael Winner - calm down dear?! Sod off, slime-ball...

mad.gif
ghostface.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ June 09 2005,14:30)]Michael Winner - calm down dear?! Sod off, slime-ball...

mad.gif
ghostface.gif
Calm down, dear. It's only an advert.....

wink.gif
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

All Sainsbury's adverts with that Oliver Kahn look-a-like, fat-tongued, self-promoting, "look, I'm just an ordinary bloke, who slides down the bannisters, puts a basketball through a hoop, and jumps on my vespa and everybody loves me" Jamie effing Oliver in them. Can't stand the $%&*.:angry:
mad.gif
mad.gif

The Muller adverts with that Nina Simone song in them. Taking a song about standing up and being counted in the face of Racism and segregation, and using it to sell fecking yoghurts.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (blues_r_best @ June 09 2005,14:34)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ June 09 2005,14:30)]Lucky the dog - that mutt needs running over.
The dog is six feet under Matt, I think it was run over.

upside.gif

wink.gif
It died of cancer last month Matt.

sad.gif

The Michael Winner s**t.

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Song of the South Upper @ June 09 2005,15:05)]The Muller adverts with that Nina Simone song in them. Taking a song about standing up and being counted in the face of Racism and segregation, and using it to sell fecking yoghurts.
I bet our Janis was spinning in her grave when the deeply ironic "Oh Lord wont you buy me a Mercedes Benz" was used to advertise...

...Mercedes Benz. That was an advertising low point, I felt.

Sorry to hear about the dog that acted in the insurance adverts. My diatribe was not against the dog itself of course, but more the adverts - which were just bloody annoying about how inept its fictional owners were...

Those ones with former cop John Stalker where he's trying to flog garden awnings.

"Wouldn't it be nice to enjoy the outside without the glare of the sun in your eyes?"

Miserable *******. Why do you care anyway, you're from $%&*ing Manchester.

Worst - Apart from that Frog, i would say any insurance advert.

Best - Anyone remember the advert where the bloke is playing football and he gets the voices in his head. Ends up steaming into his boss or something .. . ? Cant really remember but it was brilliant

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LITTLEMAN @ June 09 2005,19:15)]Best - Anyone remember the advert where the bloke is playing football and he gets the voices in his head. Ends up steaming  into his boss or something .. . ? Cant really remember but it was brilliant
Was that not the "Listen to the Voices" Monster.co.uk ad?
Top quality!

See Ad men, it can be done, entertain us, not annoy!!!!

capital one.. as they try to scare the crap out of gullible $%&*s who think someone can live in vegas and do deals with the russian mafia by nicking the gas bill from your bin bag..

Back