• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

UK set for Siberian January...

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
As I mentioned last week, we could be on the verge of a major spell of winter weather.

Mostly dry and cold for the next week or so, but after that we could be in for some serious snow, especially Mon/Tues next week.

Then again, the media have gone into ramp mode, so that will probably mean we can all get the bbq's out!

Just be aware though chaps and keep an eye on the forecast. If the charts continue to show what they are showing now, then we are in for the worst winter spell in many, many years. Maybe even since the late 80's early 90's.

But, I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't happen at all. Forecasting that far ahead is nigh on impossible. So the media ramping it up today is just ludicrous, but expected from them!

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/77540/Britain-braced-for-a-New-Year-big-freeze

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...set-plummet-Siberian-blast-grips-country.html

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/weather/article5409222.ece

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/3999747/Britain-braces-itself-for-New-Year-big-freeze.html

Well, if it comes off TB, it will bring complete chaos to the UK.

A long way off yet, but the warning signs are there...

Fantastic. I am working in Birmingham on Monday, overnight in Gloucester on Tuesday. Heading up to Yorkshire for Thurs and Friday. Should make the travelling a real joy!

Fantastic. I am working in Birmingham on Monday, overnight in Gloucester on Tuesday. Heading up to Yorkshire for Thurs and Friday. Should make the travelling a real joy!

Hard work kerry my love but someone has to spread the word of the secound coming of stalin.

our most savage winters, such as the notorious 1962-63 winter, the coldest for 180 years. This was when the sea froze around the coast of southeast England and crops were dug out of frozen ground with pneumatic drills and blizzards paralysed the nation.

And my first winter in this country, aged 5, having spent those 5 years in Africa, so I was well prepared. Our house had a coal fire in the sitting room and two parafin stoves. No double glazing, no central heating, no fitted carpets. Would wake up in the morning to beautiful frost patterns on the inside of the bedroom windows -- very like this:

frost3a.jpg

If the weather does turn as bad as predicted will I look a bit of a **** if I wear moonboots to work?

Time for a SmifFISH update.

The UK looks set for at least a week of 80's style cold, starting on Monday/Tuesday.

We are talking max temps of between -4 and +2 and lows of -3 to -15 (yes -15)

Snow showers possible all week almost anywhere, more likely in the East. Although at the moment, snowfall amounts appear to be minimal. But more organised bands of prolonged snowfall, also possible at short notice.

Wrap up warm folks this is the coldest winter for a decade.

Last edited:
Time for a SmifFISH update.

The UK looks set for at least a week of 80's style cold, starting on Tuesday.

We are talking max temps of between -4 and +2 and lows of -3 to -15 (yes -15)

Snow showers possible all week almost anywhere, more likely in the East though.

More organised bands of prolonged snowfall also possible at short notice.

Wrap up warm folks this is the coldest winter for a decade.

you baby lee, real mans weather

Just in time for the kids going back to school and all the boilers to pack up as they'll have been off over Christmas! What delightful temperatures can we expect at the Bridge tomorrow?

Just in time for the kids going back to school and all the boilers to pack up as they'll have been off over Christmas! What delightful temperatures can we expect at the Bridge tomorrow?

Around +2 at K.O I would say Kay, with a slight breeze from the North East. So bloody cold!

And yes, the boiler men will be very busy next week. Also some could see disruption to water supplies, as pipes freeze and crack (No I'm not kidding)

Back