• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Universally liked and respected groups

All Joy Division fans should check out Grace Jones' 'She's Lost Control'.

Seriously, you are being ironic and I have taken the bait. You don't really like her version do you? To me. This us one if the worst covers ever .It is totally devoid of emotion and Reggae does not mend itself to the subject of the lyrics. I am struggling to think of a worst cover if a classic

Honestly, I love it.

I don't know what to say. One if the best songs ever, full of emotion wth the arrangement mirroring the lyrics and subject matter (someone having a fit which gets worse until ultimately it kills her). None of this is in her version. She clearly doesn't have a clue on what it is about and obviously can't have Curtis's connection with the girl in question.

I don't know what to say. One if the best songs ever, full of emotion wth the arrangement mirroring the lyrics and subject matter (someone having a fit which gets worse until ultimately it kills her). None of this is in her version. She clearly doesn't have a clue on what it is about and obviously can't have Curtis's connection with the girl in question.
She is just a singer singing a song really but it sounds great - all the echo and reverb sounds great. And she losses control too, just not for the same reason. With the amount of covers that are a straight copy her re-work is at least creating something interesting with it. I love Joy Division and I love Grace's version of this track.

Patsy Kline can't possibly offend anyones ears and thats coming from someone who was force fed Country and Western as a child and hates it with a passion. Must say though that she has a lovely voice

Motown in general surely? Some of the finest musical artists ever all brought together.

The Beatles are probably just as popular here stateside if not more popular than in England itself. A lot of people over here really like and respect Bon Jovi too.

We seem to have wandered into solo artists as well now so surely Elvis has to be in there! And personally, I always preferred Petula Clark to Dusty Springfield.

We seem to have wandered into solo artists as well now so surely Elvis has to be in there! And personally, I always preferred Petula Clark to Dusty Springfield.

Sorry, I would rather poke blunt needles into my eyes than listen to the fat burger eating, little girl prowler that was Elvis.

Back