• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Universally respected groups - The Beatles

Love, love me do?

• Total voters
Stones, now that is the definition of overated. About 4-5 good songs ever, and She's A Rainbow was basically a rip off from the band Love anyway.

Many more than I'd say, although admittedly you probably need to go back to the 1980s for their last great song (Start Me Up)

Just listening to this, I can hear Lennon & McCartney all over it. I think it was Ringo Starr who came up with the idea of "spitting" over 16 bars.

[video=youtube;FmV0phNtdAk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmV0phNtdAk[/video]

Just listening to this, I can hear Lennon & McCartney all over it. I think it was Ringo Starr who came up with the idea of "spitting" over 16 bars.

[video=youtube;FmV0phNtdAk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmV0phNtdAk[/video]

You're comparing 1970s Brazil with AFC The Spread Eagle Fat *******s 11 sunday league team there mate :whistling:

Was reading a translation of an Uncut interview with Macca earlier today.Would agree they were a great band, though not my favourite at the time.

I wasn't born until they split and my siblings and parents had a fairly awful musical tastes so I don't really know why, or how they got into my consciousness. I remember at school, an old hippy music teacher getting us 13yr olds to sing Maxwells Silver Hammer - which was in sharp contrast to the other music teacher playing Beethoven & Brahms. :zzzzz:(though I love a bit of classical too these days).

When I saw this thread resurrected I was going to check out the deadpool to see whether it was Macca or Ringo who had gone!!

Never been a great fan of The Beatles. I don't despise their music but it just doesn't seem very special to me. As a child of the 80s, Gary Numan, Depeche Mode and The Human League are the artists I regard as seminal.

No such thing as a universally liked/respected musical act, and thank god there isn't. If there was it would suggest that either we all had the same taste, or even worse, there was only one type of music. And that would be ****ing boring.

However, I'll throw David Bowie into the ring.

Drastic™;1796007 said:
No such thing as a universally liked/respected musical act, and thank god there isn't. If there was it would suggest that either we all had the same taste, or even worse, there was only one type of music. And that would be ****ing boring.

Bowie has knocked out a lot of **** over the years....

So would I, but only if Hulk Hogan is there to beat the crap out of him.

Pink Floyd have got to come close to being universally liked.

Nope, don't like them at all. And I can't think of a single pop/rock act that is universally liked, I think you maybe need to be looking for someone like The Jam for instance, or Madness...Duran Duran? Light pop.

Back