• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I have to say I listened to BW last night and did not encounter one problem. Same PC, same firewall, same software and same service provider. Strange that. I see others had problems so how long can Perform continue to blame us?

Dunno mate, but not being able to get a single peep out my PC speakers last night was the last straw and they've lost my custom for good.

Reply from my complaint to 'Perform'...

We can confirm that the commentary for last night's match was streamed correctly through the site as it was monitored by our technical team and customer services department.

We are sorry that you are getting interrupted commentary, this can only be from the signal at the radio station as this was not highlighted in our monitoring of the feed. You can of course get network throttling which can cause issues with the commentary feed.

In regards to your MAC OS - we can confirm that as of next season live commentary will be available on this platform subject to successful testing and development.

Please contact us again if you have any further issues.

Standard *****... See how well their Mac integration works.

Reply from my complaint to 'Perform'...

Standard *****... See how well their Mac integration works.

Scriv had said last year that Mac streaming was expected to be implemented very soon but it looks as though Perform delayed it until next season. It worked fine earlier this season but suddenly stopped working at all. I'm not holding my breath.

A long shot, I know, but has anyone got Blues World working through their Playstation 3's internet browser?

I'm away for a month after tomorrow's match and the only way I've got of getting online is through the PS3.

Beefy;926920[B said:
]A long shot[/B], I know, but has anyone got Blues World working through their Playstation 3's internet browser?

I'm away for a month after tomorrow's match and the only way I've got of getting online is through the PS3.

Southend aren't very good at long shots.

Unfortunately I've not been able to reply on this thread before now.

I've used BW for a few years now & though not at all good when I first listened to the commentaries, I've not had many problems this year. As a mate of Scriv I know he is concerned when he gets complaints & when I raised how iffy the service had been he asked me to let him know if there were problems with the commentary.

As a seaso this obviously mainly relates to away games, although due to work commitments I've missed far too many home games this year for my liking, & I have tried to make sure that every time I use the BW commentary I tell him if there's an issue. I generally send him a text to let him know how it's coming over, although if it's fine I probably haven't bothered recently.

To be honest I can only recall the Milwall away game where I told that the commentary was unlistenable & in fact I ended up taking the drone of the home broadcast. Apart from that a couple have had the odd drop out for a second or so every now & again. Obviously, I've not heard all of them so the ones some people are complaining about I probably missed.

I do have a gripe about the time delay which I find annoying, as people like AS know I'm usually way behind (could be the Alcozeimers though!), but I'm not techie enough to know if that's my issue or the providers.

As I'm working today I'll be listening to BW, so if there is a problem I'll again let Dave know & will continue to do that when I'm online on a Saturday.

Unfortunately I've not been able to reply on this thread before now.

I've used BW for a few years now & though not at all good when I first listened to the commentaries, I've not had many problems this year. As a mate of Scriv I know he is concerned when he gets complaints & when I raised how iffy the service had been he asked me to let him know if there were problems with the commentary.

As a seaso this obviously mainly relates to away games, although due to work commitments I've missed far too many home games this year for my liking, & I have tried to make sure that every time I use the BW commentary I tell him if there's an issue. I generally send him a text to let him know how it's coming over, although if it's fine I probably haven't bothered recently.

To be honest I can only recall the Milwall away game where I told that the commentary was unlistenable & in fact I ended up taking the drone of the home broadcast. Apart from that a couple have had the odd drop out for a second or so every now & again. Obviously, I've not heard all of them so the ones some people are complaining about I probably missed.

I do have a gripe about the time delay which I find annoying, as people like AS know I'm usually way behind (could be the Alcozeimers though!), but I'm not techie enough to know if that's my issue or the providers.

As I'm working today I'll be listening to BW, so if there is a problem I'll again let Dave know & will continue to do that when I'm online on a Saturday.
I am very happy for you. I do not want Blues supporters to have bad commentary experiences. It is not about you and others that are satisfied. It is about a large number of Blues fans who are not getting the service they pay for and want. We are not all techie numbskulls and the fault is not at our end. I am glad David is concerned but actions would be received better. We have an official site and if the club cared tuppence for the supporters they would put up an article on the OS publicly stating they are aware of problems fans are having and invite us all to forward our experiences. From the data compiled they can take whatever action they feel necessary. All this bury your head in the sand attitude and hope the problem goes away is nothing short of offensive. David suggests canceling the BW subscription and getting a refund. WE dont want to cancel. For many of us this is our link to the Blues. We just want it to work.:thumbdown:

I am very happy for you.
Thanks very much that means a lot. :unsure:
It is not about you and others that are satisfied.
I never said it was about me, all I was trying to point out is that some of us have actually been trying to assist the club to monitor the issue, which would hopefully lead to the resolution of some of the problems.

Thank you for your patronising reply. I at no stage said everything was okay or that the service was in fact perfect, all I gave you were my experiences. I certainly shan't bother trying to help in the future. :zip:

Guys, I had a thought about this - and as I've never subscribed, please tell me to eff off if I'm wide of the mark...

It seems to me that there are fairly healthy numbers of BW users who dont appear to be having problems. At the same time, there also appears to be a fair groundswell of users who do report problems. Is one group lying? I wouldn't have thought so. So what the heck is going on?

My guess (and it's only a guess) is that there is a local technical reason preventing the smooth running of the BW feed on some people's PCs. It must be something fairly common, and probably innocuous. For example, a firewall product that handles traffic slightly differently, perhaps causing a particular packet to be dropped or a timeout to occur, or another similar reason.

This is not Dave or the club's responsibility to fix - us fans are customers of PremiumTV (or whatever they are called this week) when subscribing to Blues World. However, I'm sure Dave wants to help resolve the connection problems. The actual responsibility lies with PremiumTV though - people have paid for this, and clearly a technical issue is preventing some people from receiving content that they have paid for.

I would suggest, as an IT person, that PremiumTV (who are the only ones who know the 'under the bonnet' technical details, machinations and requirements of their product) compile a list of basic checks that any user can perform and/or configurational questions to answer. This may help in two ways:

1) Once responses have been received it may be that there is a common answer to one of the questions which throws light on the issue

or

2) Even if no obvious answer comes up there may be a trend in the replies - particularly if the questions include naming users' ISP, firewall product (if any) and browser (plus version number).

At least this would give a basis for investigation. At the moment we seem to have an impasse simply because some people are using the service ok. However, clearly there are thousands of potential combinations of home hardware, software and services that users could be attempting to access the service through. The culprit probably lies somewhere in that config.

Just a thought.

Guys, I had a thought about this - and as I've never subscribed, please tell me to eff off if I'm wide of the mark...

It seems to me that there are fairly healthy numbers of BW users who dont appear to be having problems. At the same time, there also appears to be a fair groundswell of users who do report problems. Is one group lying? I wouldn't have thought so. So what the heck is going on?

My guess (and it's only a guess) is that there is a local technical reason preventing the smooth running of the BW feed on some people's PCs. It must be something fairly common, and probably innocuous. For example, a firewall product that handles traffic slightly differently, perhaps causing a particular packet to be dropped or a timeout to occur, or another similar reason.

This is not Dave or the club's responsibility to fix - us fans are customers of PremiumTV (or whatever they are called this week) when subscribing to Blues World. However, I'm sure Dave wants to help resolve the connection problems. The actual responsibility lies with PremiumTV though - people have paid for this, and clearly a technical issue is preventing some people from receiving content that they have paid for.

I would suggest, as an IT person, that PremiumTV (who are the only ones who know the 'under the bonnet' technical details, machinations and requirements of their product) compile a list of basic checks that any user can perform and/or configurational questions to answer. This may help in two ways:

1) Once responses have been received it may be that there is a common answer to one of the questions which throws light on the issue

or

2) Even if no obvious answer comes up there may be a trend in the replies - particularly if the questions include naming users' ISP, firewall product (if any) and browser (plus version number).

At least this would give a basis for investigation. At the moment we seem to have an impasse simply because some people are using the service ok. However, clearly there are thousands of potential combinations of home hardware, software and services that users could be attempting to access the service through. The culprit probably lies somewhere in that config.

Just a thought.
Good points made but the the problem is not a constant, if at a local level the product is prevented from working then that should be the case game on game. This is not so. Sometimes its poor, sometimes awful and occassionally ok. As for Hooly thinking I was patronising him, I was not. I mean it. If he is having no problems I am glad. I support the team and do not want fans missing games on BW. I do stand by my point that the club should publicly acknowledge the problem and invite feedback. I do not agree that it is not the clubs responsibility. The official site links the club with BW by inference and they should not be seen to accept poor products or customer service for their fans. Sitting on the fence is a vote for BW and a slap to the supporters.

lots of cutting out this afternoon v walsall

Lots of drop-out of about 2-8 seconds for me too. I run Vista and IE 7 with the windows firewall.

Drop out seemed to happen every time we had a crack at goal, for some reason. I reckon that a Col Ewe fan is involved somewhere!

Back