• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

A minimum 6-0 home win should be the target.

Blackpool are in dire straits on and off the pitch. I had the misfortune of seeing them get knocked out of the FA Cup at Barnet the other week (doing the 92 thing) - Barnet were poor but Blackpool were woeful. Hardly any shots on goal, passing seemingly an art beyond them, and no spirit.

I felt sorry for their fans (who we sat with), with all the 'Ouyston out' stuff I think they are slowly having their spirit sucked out of them - they hardly muttered a word throughout, I had to ask whether they were on a sponsored silence.

If we lose this one ......................

Rare that teams lose every game so need to beware of complacency allied to our list of injuries, in this season most can beat most on their day.

Chris Phillips claims that the current injury list is:
Ben Coker (back)
Anthony Wordsworth (ankle)
Adam Thompson (glute)
Michael Timlin (foot)
David Mooney (hip)
Myles Weston (Achilles)
Noel Hunt (ankle)
Stephen McLaughlin (ankle)
Ryan Leonard (shin)
Glen Rea (calf)
Gary Deegan (ankle)
Adam Barrett (calf)

Assuming they all miss out (which would surprise me)
Bentley,
O'Neill, Bolger, Prosser, White,
Hurst, Atkinson, ? (Bridge?), Worrall,
Piggott, Payne
Subs: T. Smith, Williams, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?

We better hope some players come back or we bring someone in on loan... :'(:'(:'(

No major changes for me, though I think Bolger will come in for Thompson and possibly Timlin for Atkinson.

Any fitness news on : Hunt, Deegan, Wordsworth & McLaughlin? .. I guess they are all out for a while yet.

Edit : ^ Much obliged, Manor.

Last edited:
It's a game we should win, but will probably struggle to win.

I doubt the away end will be brimming seeing how they are boycotting matches.

Be nice to get a comfortable victory under our belts.

This is Southend United, there is no way it will be comfortable.

Expect to take a 2-0 lead and for things to be looking rosy after 30 minutes. Spend the next 50 minutes of the game sitting back until Blackpool make it 2-1 and we are forced to endure the typically tense final 10 minutes.

Expect to take a 2-0 lead and for things to be looking rosy after 30 minutes. Spend the next 50 minutes of the game sitting back until Blackpool make it 2-1 and we are forced to endure the typically tense final 10 minutes.

If it was any different it wouldn't be "our southend" would it!

The kings of leaving it to the last minute or making it more difficult and painful than it needs to be :dim:

Last edited:

I'd happily take a 2-1 win. Any win is a good result against a team in our league.

Got to hope for a good performance and that some of our sick notes are available!

I assume the team will be dictated by whomever is fit, but the latest reports are a bit more encouraging than those earlier in the week. I reckon we'll see the following team:

Bentley

White Thompson Barrett Coker

Worrall Leonard Atkinson Timlin

Payne

Mooney​

Subs: t Smith, Bolger, Prosser, O'Neill, Hurst, Pigott, Williams

I assume the team will be dictated by whomever is fit, but the latest reports are a bit more encouraging than those earlier in the week. I reckon we'll see the following team:

Bentley

White Thompson Barrett Coker

Worrall Leonard Atkinson Timlin

Payne

Mooney​

Subs: t Smith, Bolger, Prosser, O'Neill, Hurst, Pigott, Williams

I'd be happy with that

Blackpool will be tougher than people think, any team carry a threat when you have Mark Cullen, Martin Paterson and Jack Redshaw as strikers.

Would like to think we will see them off though.

Blackpool will be tougher than people think, any team carry a threat when you have Mark Cullen, Martin Paterson and Jack Redshaw as strikers.

Would like to think we will see them off though.

Lets hope that Redshaw is not looking for a reprise of his Morecambe exploits last time we met him.

Well going to stick me neck on the block and go 3-2 to us, must have had too much caffeine to think we can score 3 time tbh, but we are capable of letting a couple in. So my prediction is 3-2, but I don't really mind what the score is providing we win and put a half decent performance in, and 7,600 souls to brave the cold !

Back