• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The first of a trio of matches against teams from Lancs within eight days. Tough programme from which seven points would be a good return. Three tomorrow would be a great start.

I think PB will go with this
Bentley
White Bolger Barrett Coker
Rea
Leonard Atkinson Worrall
Payne
Mooney

Subs T Smith, Prosser, Thompson, O'Neill, Hurst, Pigott, Williams.

Bentley at fault for first goal, time to drop? :tease::tease::tease::tease:

Not as silly as it sounds. Despite making some good saves he has cost us 4 points the last two league games.
I dont think it would be the end of the world if he misssed a game or two. Give the young un a chance.

Barrett at fault for 2nd goal v sheffield. Time to drop.

He actually wasn't, though, as others have discussed on the match thread.

If you watch their second goal closely, the key fella for them is 35 (Hammond).

When the ball is cleared out to their left, he drops out of the box and then turns around to attack the cross and re-enters the box. At the point of the cross, everyone in the area is picking someone up.

However, Worrall doesn't track Hammond at all, despite it being his man and as Barrett sees the danger, he leaves his man (Collins) slightly to cover Hammond's run, but the ball eludes both of them and falls to Collins, who Barrett would have been marking had Worrall picked Hammond up.

Not as silly as it sounds. Despite making some good saves he has cost us 4 points the last two league games.
I dont think it would be the end of the world if he misssed a game or two. Give the young un a chance.

It is exactly as silly as it sounds. All players make mistakes and Bentley is no exception. To bring Teddy Smith in at this stage would serve no useful purpose at all. Bentley needs to play through this as he is still sound in my book.

It is exactly as silly as it sounds. All players make mistakes and Bentley is no exception. To bring Teddy Smith in at this stage would serve no useful purpose at all. Bentley needs to play through this as he is still sound in my book.

Agree, my comment was merely tongue in cheek after someone suggested Barrett should be dropped, arguably for something he wasn't at fault for. After last week Thompson is the one who should be worried not Barrett. In saying that he has been out for a long period so harsh to judge him too much. I would still go for Barrett and Bolger if both fit.

Win for Blackpool, have lost the last six games, so surely going to beat us!!!!!

The last time I saw us play Blackpool was the promotion season under Tilly, when we beat them 2-1 with a last minute Luke Guttridge effort*.

I'll take that today.

*Also, of course, Freddy Eastwood's wonder goal. Well worth seeing again :-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8olv7Dh6c0

:happy: :cool:

Last edited:
If we play like we have played in patches for a whole 90 then someone will get destroyed sooner or later.

Interesting that despite all their incredible off field issues they have spent more money by far than any one else in this league. Splashing out around £350k , looks like it doesnt buy success for them .........YET. Is this why Brown strangely said it will be our toughest game of the season. Love the bloke, especially as he loses the plot regularly, which is a very likeable trait

Back