• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

dannypav

President
Bottles of Sol 3 for 2.
Justin Beiber tribute act.
New CM player.

What can possibly spoil the day.

My guess at the team

SMITH
CLOHESSY , CRESSWELL , BARKER , STRAKER
HURST , WOODYARD , LAIRD , MARTIN or TOMLIN
ASSOMBALONGA , EASTWOOD

SUBS : BENTLEY , COUGHLIN , SPICER , PAXMAN , MARTIN or TOMLIN , NJIE

Just out of interest what do we think the attendence will be tomorrow?
I'm going for 5,350

Forgot about Corr and Clarke wotsisname as subs , so bump off paxman.

dont think benyon will even warm the bench

Last edited:
Would hope what with being a saturday and I heard there some sort of ticket deal going on for kids and also quite a few York fans making the trip I would think over 5,000 for sure, maybe close to 5,400.

Obviously hoping for a win but can't help but be very nervous about this one considering the poor home form of late. Not the mention missing key players and not many replacements. That being said I would look at this game to really shake up the team a bit and make a few changes as I think there have been to many players who have played very poor for the last few games. obviously counting new injuries as well.

i'd go with:

Smith
clohessy cresswell barker straker
tomlin laird hurst clarke-harris
britt eastwood

Forcasting Southend matches is all a bit of a lottery, it all depends which Southend turns up, but with a few key players out, the best i can see is maybe a 1 1 draw, and im not that convinced we can manage that. All a bit depessing really, o well maybe im wrong.

I'd probably guess PS will continue with Eastwood on the bench..

Smith
Clohessy Cresswell Barker Straker
Hurst Laird Spicer Martin
Tomlin Assombalonga

My first match in a while. Looking forward to it but will make sure I get there later than usual to avoid all the pre-match 'entertainment'. Sounds like Woodyard played well in his 2 appearances so hope he starts rather than Spicer alongside Laird, although as he hasn't played much football this season Sturrock might start Laird on the bench. Seems like Assombalonga and Tomlin have been our most effective strike partnership so stick with them. My team would be:

Smith
Clohessy - Cresswell - Barker - Straker
Hurst - Woodyard - Laird - Martin
Assombalonga - Tomlin
Subs: Bentley, Coughlan, Clarke-Harris, Spicer, Eastwood, Corr, Benyon

I'm going to sit on the fence and predict a 1-1 draw, Britt hopefully scoring the first goal as I have a bet on him to do so. Attendance 5,500

Laid has only played twice this season. May take him 2 or 3 games to get up to speed generally.

In fact he has only played for 38 minutes in those two appearances. May not be match fit, but that is inevitable with most loan signings.

Hoping for a return to form tomorrow but I reckon we'll scratch a draw, would like to see Freddy start but I think the team will be:

Smith
Clohessy - Cresswell - Barker - Straker
Hurst - Laird - Woodyard - Martin
Assombalonga - Tomlin

Back