• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What is a strikers job? Score goals, did he score?

Also assombolonga was woeful! If he starts and ffreddy is dropped from the squad altogether then I find it a disgrace.

Like I say this is from a friend, but if true I find it embarassing

Not strictly true - a strikers job is to play football, the same as a defender, midfielder or goalkeeper - his remit is to play football in more forward positions so is likely to score more goals, but scoring goals is not "his job". If a striker plays 10 games, doesn't score, but all 10 games are won - then I'd say he has "done his job".

Personally I'd give Eastwood another run tonight from the start if fit - but if (and I am only speculating) Corr, Tomlin, Assombalonga and one other (Maybe Harris or Seedy Nigel) are fit to play at least a part tonight then I can completely see the logic of not including Eastwood in the squad - don't see it as a disgrace at all, just a tactical decision. Let's face it there's little to play for and if i had the choice of giving a promising youngster like Seedy Nigel a 20 minute run out at the end or paying out another appearance fee for Fred to Jog around for 20 mins, I'd probably choose the former.

And my point is that regardless of what freddy does, whether he is fit or not, whether he bangs in goals galore in training, he will always be overlooked by sturrock as he wasn't his signing, this is clear by shipping woodyard out when surely we need all the bodies we can get.

And as a result of doing so, this demotivated players, leading to them looking or appearing uninterested as u stated

If he is being overlooked, then why did he started on Saturday?

Freddy was lazy in his first spell here and is still lazy, that has nothing to do with whether Sturrock is playing him, so just admit that you want Sturrock out and that him not playing Freddy is just another stick to bash him with.

If he is being overlooked, then why did he started on Saturday?

Freddy was lazy in his first spell here and is still lazy, that has nothing to do with whether Sturrock is playing him, so just admit that you want Sturrock out and that him not playing Freddy is just another stick to bash him with.

Jeez I give up with this board, if you can't see that freddy is being overlooked.

Iv spoken to freddy before when he was fit and his omission from the squad was that he isn't fit. Iv never heard freddy slate sturrock but I have heard how sturrock does not like him. Simple as that.

And yes your right I think he should go and a change of management is needed. My opinion

And my point is that regardless of what freddy does, whether he is fit or not, whether he bangs in goals galore in training, he will always be overlooked by sturrock as he wasn't his signing, this is clear by shipping woodyard out when surely we need all the bodies we can get.

And as a result of doing so, this demotivated players, leading to them looking or appearing uninterested as u stated

But Freddy hasn't been banging the goals in, he's barely played a decent game since re-joining. You well find he's still ill or injured and there's no evil reason for Sturrock to leave him out IF he even is left out. Fair enough Freddy would be disappointed if he doesnt start again today after scoring so we'll just have to wait and see.

Jeez I give up with this board, if you can't see that freddy is being overlooked.

Iv spoken to freddy before when he was fit and his omission from the squad was that he isn't fit. Iv never heard freddy slate sturrock but I have heard how sturrock does not like him. Simple as that.

And yes your right I think he should go and a change of management is needed. My opinion

Sorry for having a different opinion to you. I haven't had the luxury of seeing inside Sturrock's head or going to training, so I don't know the exact reasons why he isn't playing.

Just curious, where did you hear that Sturrock doesn't like him?

Midfield wise we have Laird, Spillane & Lund - Reeves, Hurst, Mohsni, Tomlin, Leonard, Straker & even Prosser (albeit badly) can play in midfield too. Can't see how Woodyard is needed at the mo - loan makes sense if he will get game time at Braintree, suspect he might be on the bench there though.

is that the same freddy that publically stated he was fit earlier in the season , was picked to start , and then his performance showed that he clearly was NOT fit-- somthing that practcally everyone on here agreed with.

does Sturrock like Freddy? I have no idea, but it would not surprise me if he didn't. Most managers 'like' players that give everything. Just becasue he doesn't like him as a person does not mean that he shouldn't pick him
I want Freddy to sucseed becasue I want SUFC to sucseed,

Last time we scored in the first half and won a game at Roots Hall was Dagenham in September.

Ironically though we've scored in the last three games in the first half. Twice at home.

is that the same freddy that publically stated he was fit earlier in the season , was picked to start , and then his performance showed that he clearly was NOT fit-- somthing that practcally everyone on here agreed with.

does Sturrock like Freddy? I have no idea, but it would not surprise me if he didn't. Most managers 'like' players that give everything. Just becasue he doesn't like him as a person does not mean that he shouldn't pick him
I want Freddy to sucseed becasue I want SUFC to sucseed,

I want my canary to do the same, he has a sore beak

3-0 Southend. Keeping the playoff hopes alive going to Rochdale. Winning that too.

Only a win tonight will do, anything else and its pretty much all over. Think we have yet to win a home league midweek game this season so going for a 1-1

We've got to win one eventually. But not tonight. 1-1 for me too.

Back