• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Waddock to be considered for the job?

Had a tenner on Waddock at 6/1.Least If he gets a run at the job for say the season means in theory he should have got us picking up points

I thought that RM had been swamped with people interested and it certainly was reported that way on BBC Look East the other night

To be fair his interview on the OS is 100% better than Bond's. He can talk a good fight, let's see what his team can produce.

I am all for giving people chances and opportunities to prove themselves but correct me if I am wrong but, is he not one of the Southend coaches where we have lost all of League games so far?

This guy is a loser to be polite about it. Plenty of managers have relegations on their CVs but this guy has left clubs in **** positions every time. Heck, he took a much fancied Aldershot down to the conference bloody south (before Gateshead got relegated in their place due to financial reasons). This would be the cheapest of the cheap options for Ron and one that we as a club might not recover from for some time if it all goes wrong like it so often does when this bloke is in charge of a club.

People are CRAZY if they think 'nobody' is interested in the Southend job. I bet we have a huge stack of CVs to work through from names we wouldn't expect too - so please no more of that! We are a football league club with a decent enough squad, we will be appealing to a lot of people.

With that said, you all know now that we are nailed on to win Saturday under Waddock!!

Lets say he plays 442, all players in right positions, can say "Bwomono" and we win 3-0, with a more than acceptable post game interview on BBC Essex.

Will the fans have anything left to moan and groan about???

Well if, and it's by no means done and dusted yet of course, he gets a shot - let him have the same run as KB i.e. six games to turn it around - if he does fine, go to the end of the season. If he doesn't hoof him out whilst there's time to hopefully recover. The problem may lie if the players don't respond to his methods - then therein may be a deeper one.....

To say it is underwhelming would be being incredibly nice about this news. Whatever has been going on since May at our club is clearly not right. You surely have to cut all ties with that regime if you have any means to. It does suggest worrying things about our finances.

More than anything, regardless of the fact that Waddock has a terrible managerial CV, this is going to do nothing to improve the dreadful mood surrounding the club- even if we scrape an (unlikely) win on Saturday.

I thought that RM had been swamped with people interested and it certainly was reported that way on BBC Look East the other night

The time when Chris Powell got the job, Ron Martin said he was inundated with applicants. So I think you're right, there will be lots this time as well.

The time when Chris Powell got the job, Ron Martin said he was inundated with applicants. So I think you're right, there will be lots this time as well.

And if Waddock can get a win or two we'll be an even more attractive proposition than a club marooned at the bottom with 0 points.

if it's true then it's league 2 for us and conference the season after.
Completely underwhelmed he is even being considered.

Attendances will plummet if it's Waddock

Surely we can get someone better!!

This is not going to end well!
He isnt my first choice but if he gets a few wins on the board fans will accept him and considering how bad we are the attendances are decent and will get better if we see more desire and winning football.Im not sure he is right man but we should all get behind him

I'm not impressed. Anyone to do with Bond should go. The day I went to training on a Thursday, Waddock was doing all the coaching on the pitch during an 11 v 11, constantly stopping the game to give instructions, with KB silently looking on. We got thrashed that Saturday. We need a clean canvass to start again.

His record is very poor apart from Aldershot.....let's hope he doesn't follow the QPR stats or we'll be relegated by Christmas

Awful as it would be, surely if it was going to be Waddock we’d know by now? I mean, why delay announcing it? Bad news or not it’s got to be better for everyone to make it official so the guy can crack on and give it his best shot, which I suggest will be akin to hitting the corner flag when 2 yards out in front of an open goal..

Awful as it would be, surely if it was going to be Waddock we’d know by now? I mean, why delay announcing it? Bad news or not it’s got to be better for everyone to make it official so the guy can crack on and give it his best shot, which I suggest will be akin to hitting the corner flag when 2 yards out in front of an open goal..
I remember when Tilly took over as caretaker in late 2003 and I think it was a good few months before he was given job full time. Not sure if Martin has anyone certain in mind who is available or wants to come so maybe is hoping Waddock can buy him a bit of time

Back