• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Waddock to be considered for the job?

Waddock is like the Steve McLaren of the lower leagues, a journeyman manager with a consistently poor record who still somehow finds another club to manage again. We’ve already lost our first six games, if we have more bad results under Waddock we are as good as down and it will be a mountain to climb for whoever takes over from him. If Waddock does well in the next few games then we may have him as the permanent manager. Neither scenarios are appealing long term. I’d like to see Barrett given the manager’s job but it doesn’t look as if that is happening at the moment.

Well if we play liquid football and win 3-0 i dont care who is in charge. Personally cant see it with wad n tod but who knows.

I reckon this is a 'buying a bit of time' move by Ron and nothing more

I suspect it's proving a little more tricky than he'd hoped to get his preferred candidate in, so the caretaker role for Waddock is just that

I can't see the players being inspired by 006's right hand man either, so I fully expect a defeat on Saturday and a somewhat toxic atmosphere

This will be a one game appointment only.

Well he’s never appointed a manager who was currently employed and therefore had to pay a fee. Not saying that’s cheap, but he certainly recognises that it makes sense to sign a manager who is out of a job.

I've been saying that from the very start, much to the annoyance of Pale Blue Dot (Waits for another telling off, Lol) That's why I said he won't approach Adam Barrett, or half the Managers mentioned. Now, if Adam Barrett applies (Hope he's watching), that's a different matter.

I've been saying that from the very start, much to the annoyance of Pale Blue Dot (Waits for another telling off, Lol) That's why I said he won't approach Adam Barrett, or half the Managers mentioned. Now, if Adam Barrett applies (Hope he's watching), that's a different matter.
I am certain that all interested parties have informed RM either direct or via their agents,RM will have his own reasons for making No comments at the moment.and finance will certanily be one.

Really underwhelmed. The annoying thing here is we have had the best part of a 2 week break and Ron has not reacted quickly enough. I said it before but he should have found a way to get rid of Bond earlier, come back from hols, sacked him over the phone...whatever.

This would have given enough time to get in the required replacement. Instead he has dragged his heals and we are now left with Waddock going into 3 games in 7 days.

Wad and Tod are both coaches who have been equally as culpable as Bond of presiding over the worst start in our history and some of the most abject displays I can remember.

Come next Saturday in all probability we will have lost the first 9 games of the season. This is not going to inspire the players or the fans for Saturday.

Not acceptable Ron I’m afraid. The club is going backwards fast and worrying times lie ahead.

“Reading between the lines” or Chris trying to force an update from the club/Ron? He may be in the dark and as impatient as most on here.

Really underwhelmed. The annoying thing here is we have had the best part of a 2 week break and Ron has not reacted quickly enough. I said it before but he should have found a way to get rid of Bond earlier, come back from hols, sacked him over the phone...whatever.

This would have given enough time to get in the required replacement. Instead he has dragged his heals and we are now left with Waddock going into 3 games in 7 days.

Wad and Tod are both coaches who have been equally as culpable as Bond of presiding over the worst start in our history and some of the most abject displays I can remember.

Come next Saturday in all probability we will have lost the first 9 games of the season. This is not going to inspire the players or the fans for Saturday.

Not acceptable Ron I’m afraid. The club is going backwards fast and worrying times lie ahead.
Waddock is like the Steve McLaren of the lower leagues, a journeyman manager with a consistently poor record who still somehow finds another club to manage again. We’ve already lost our first six games, if we have more bad results under Waddock we are as good as down and it will be a mountain to climb for whoever takes over from him. If Waddock does well in the next few games then we may have him as the permanent manager. Neither scenarios are appealing long term. I’d like to see Barrett given the manager’s job but it doesn’t look as if that is happening at the moment.

The interesting thing is that Gary Waddock has had some success as a manager and a few failures. And of course circumstances like players not getting paid etc can make any managers' job very difficult at Southend or Aldershot or anywhere else.

Like virtually everyone else on this board, I do think this next managerial appointment is vital and it is important the Chairman appoints someone who has demonstrated by results they have a solid track record at Division 1 level. The club sometimes stretches itself to bring in players but ultimately good managers like Gareth Ainsworth, Phil Parkinson or Tim Flowers - who all know how to operate on a tight budget and know how to shop at the bargain basement level - are worth investing in because they are the indispensable elements to success for a club like Southend.

Be patient people RM needs to get it right this time ,he dosent need to bring in a supporters favourite ,he did that with Powell, he needs to bring in a man who con communicate both with management and the players,thats the only way we can get out off this mess we are in at present,im still with the belief we have a decent squad ,they just need confidence and belief in their abilities instilled back into them .

If Waddock gets the job then after 31 years I'm done....
He'd only get the job if we start winning a few in a row so where's the problem? He's only in caretaker charge Sat and depending how we do Ron would keep his options open to get the right man in. If we look as bad as we have been then I'd doubt Ron would consider Waddock:Unsure:

Bloody hell, over-react much?
Calm down everyone. It's not like putting me in charge! At the moment we have a caretaker manager. If we win every game 5-0 for the next month I bet Ron would consider him. Chris Phillips only said consider, not give the job to. And besides, he is at least experienced.
I have no idea whether he'll get the job or not, or whether he'd do any good or not. I'm just saying calm down

Bloody hell, over-react much?
Calm down everyone. It's not like putting me in charge! At the moment we have a caretaker manager. If we win every game 5-0 for the next month I bet Ron would consider him. Chris Phillips only said consider, not give the job to. And besides, he is at least experienced.
I have no idea whether he'll get the job or not, or whether he'd do any good or not. I'm just saying calm down

Exactly my thought; you would think RM has offered the job to Adolf Hitler!!

all depends on results doesn't it ... and if Jose wants the job he definitely won't last

Hitler had his faults but be fair he was full of passion and would be very animated on the touchline. Maybe him with Tilly as assistant?

We'd be buggered if someone hoofs the matchball over with South though...Hilter only had one ball. The other was in the Albert Hall.

#ithankyou

Hitler had his faults but be fair he was full of passion and would be very animated on the touchline. Maybe him with Tilly as assistant?

Be ****e in winter months when the snow comes, would have no defence or offensive plan especially if he gets us into Europe fancy chances v Polish team but Russian no chance

Back