• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Walsall FC vs Southend Utd 19 April 15:00 ko

Starting 11 plus win/lose/draw options

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Big man Humphrys to net one top bin in the 90th for the three points. Don't know what all the panic is about tbh...

350 tickets sold to date. Pretty impressive given results, etc.

You can guess at the team all you like ( I gave up long ago) , you have more chance of sticking your head in a rattlesnake pit and coming out with a kiss than select from our current squad ever, that are primed to win a game.

Last edited:
Clutching for a very short straw, or a tiny and very burnt crumb (or insert any other similar phrase here), it has seemed like if we are to ever win again it will be away from home. Walsall are not in good form and are almost as rubbish as we are. Therefore, there is a small possibility of an accidental win. I can't think of any other positives to add greater weight to this theory, so here it is fully formed.

Oxley
Elvis Moore Lennon Hart
Hutchinson Mantom Dru Macca/Bunn
Humphrys Cox

Subs
Bishop
White
Kiernan
Klass
Macca/Bunn
Kelman
Wabo

My main dilemma was between McLaughlin and Bunn, I'd go with whoever's fittest. Right now I don't want to see Kightly or Dieng anywhere near the pitch so I've left both out completely.

If you're looking for a positive omen, Good Friday two years ago we played away in the Midlands and won 4-0. We have the same referee this Friday.

Right that's enough clutching at straws for now.

I've foolishly selected Taylor Moore......along with Lennon and White as a back 3, Hart & Elvis as wing backs, Bunn, Druuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu & Macca in the middle, to supply Cox and Humphrys....

No messing, must win game

See how everyone is picking 3 of our best 4 players. Oxley, Moore and Dru (That have been dropped like a stone). Some of these managers haven't got a clue.

Oxley
Elvis Kiernan White Moore Hart
Mantom Yearwood McLaughlin
Humphrys Cox

To state the obvious, we MUST win and to do that we need to score more goals so ....
From front to back

Hump, Kelman
Cox
Dru
Mantom, Macca (only if 100% fit)
Hart, Lennon, Kiernan, Demi
Bish (as I suspect Ox still has back probs)

I accept it isn't much of a midfield but then when was the last time we had a working one?

Don't play anyone not 100%, if Macca etc don't work their nuts up and back then hook them off even if it is only after 10 minutes.

For the life of me i do not understand why you include Mantom in your selections.

Waste of space. with a space.

For the life of me i do not understand why you include Mantom in your selections.

Waste of space. with a space.

I largely agree, but he is fit, plays better away from home; and I have put him in with more attack minded middies; I was toying with either Hutch or Klass instead but went with a last chance option.

That striker who we hoped to sign in Jan, but changed his mind at the 11th hr & signed for Walsall, hasn't played recently.
Unless he's injured, you just know if he plays Fri he will score against us?.

Back