• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TMWLT

Banned
For those of you who care, may I suggest you dont spend any money in the MK dons stadium, as every penny spent, helps support the regime, that ruthlessly ripped out the heart of a famous club. For those of you 2 young on this board, to know or care, try this for a scenario,

Imagine Southend want to move to a new ground and the council dont give planning permission or it gets turned down by the DOE(which is quite likely anyway)so the ground that they play on gets sold for developement, the chairman a property developer sees his chance and decides instead of staying in the borough to move to a town 120 miles away!!!
and in their infinite wisdom the football authorities give it their approval!!! there you have it.

MK Dons are trading off the back of another clubs league status, and whats worse they took over the chattels of another established team albeit in the lower echelons of the non league pyramid. Hopefully MK dons will be relegated to Div 3 and then onwards into the non league set up. and AFC wimbledon will move onwards and upwards above them.

So no spending in the ground you know it makes sense

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]MK Dons are trading off the back of another clubs league status, and whats worse they took over the chattels of another established team albeit in the lower echelons of the non league pyramid. Hopefully MK dons will be relegated to Div 3 and then onwards into the non league set up. and AFC wimbledon will move onwards and upwards above them.

Its be fun if they get relegated 2 season in a row (like Torquay is doing now) AFC Wimbledon win the play-off in Ryman League & promotion into Conference from Conference Sth, there you have it .... AFC Wimbledon Vs MK Dons (its be interesting to see how many away fans).

Hmmm

Much as I hate them and don't want to give them any money I will be purchasing a programme and badge...

I hope we thrash them 5-0 and help send them down as well (athough I don't reckon we will)

bit of bogey team this season but then again so were scunthorpe so lets put this right

They are a "bogey team" to the entire structure of football in England today. They are a devil-in-disguise that might have heralded the collapse of English football as the 'people's game' and arrival of modern franchising with no care for the history of the game or for the passion of the football fan. They should be crushed both on and off the field, never to be seen again in professional football circles. The rest of football must never forget Wimbledon FC and Milton Keynes City FC, the two teams destroyed by Winkelman with the stroke of a pen ... he is scum ...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Mar. 15 2006,19:26)]Well said, TMWLT! Don't give Winkelman the pleasure ...
Some money might mean he could wash his hair!

Screw them. I had to think long and hard about whether to go in the first place. It is only because we are challenging for promotion and have something to play for that I want to go and support my team. If we had been in mid table I wouldn't go.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Screw them. I had to think long and hard about whether to go in the first place. It is only because we are challenging for promotion and have something to play for that I want to go and support my team. If we had been in mid table I wouldn't go.

That sums up my feeling too. A little bit of guilt too but I temper it by saying the match can't start with me!  
smile.gif

I won't be buying anything in the ground either!

Yep, I agree entirely.

Its no coincedence that the first and last games I miss due to my current travels were the Franchise Scum.

I am more than happy to report that not a single penny of mine will go into Franchise Scum's coffers this season, having also arranged to go away for the FA Cup game. Had I been in the country this weekend I would be off to see AFC Wimbledon play.

Back