• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mad Cyril

The Fresh Prince of Belfairs⭐⭐
There appears to be a wasps nest under my lounge floor.

I think it is quite a big one because in one minute I counted over 150 wasps entering/leaving the air brick at the front of my house.

Any advice? I am a live and let live kind of person but don't want to risk them swarming into my lounge or causing any damage.

Can the council deal with them without lifting the floorboards or causing me any inconvenience whatsoever?

If not I might hide in a bush and hit them with fly spray as they fly away from the nest.

There appears to be a wasps nest under my lounge floor.

I think it is quite a big one because in one minute I counted over 150 wasps entering/leaving the air brick at the front of my house.

Any advice? I am a live and let live kind of person but don't want to risk them swarming into my lounge or causing any damage.

Can the council deal with them without lifting the floorboards or causing me any inconvenience whatsoever?

You need to speak to your council soonish. I'm not sure whether they will remove it for you or recommend an appropriate pest control firm. Wasps are evil little buggers when they've finished their nest duties, they are out looking for trouble. You probably have a short period before they get arsey, but not long. This advice is based on having a nest under the tiles on the front of our house a few years back. Our German shepherd dog at the time had a nose like a balloon because she could not leave the wasps alone.

Don't think the council will help. Rentokill and a hit to the bank balance I think.

We have several canisters of CM-20. I say we go back in there and nerve gas the whole ****in' nest.

Smoke Bombs anyone? I am sure there are a few Blue ones about that someone is itching to use

Steady on, we don't want to generate a brilliant atmosphere for the wasps, the next think you know they'll be engaging in 'top bants' with all and sundry.

I have asked at work, and in the unlikely event that my original suggestion doesn't work, most council's operate a pest control operative. My understanding is that for a nominal fee they will send a camouflaged operative round in the dead of night, who will dispense agent orange or some such directly through the ventilation brick. Shock and awe, it's the only way to go.

Word of warning if you decide to spray them they send out some sort of signal to the hive and they all come out looking to protect the hive...and they go for your face!!! I called in a local pest control guy - he sprayed some white powder into the hole in the wall where they were all coming and going and in a few hours they were all gone!

Word of warning if you decide to spray them they send out some sort of signal to the hive and they all come out looking to protect the hive...and they go for your face!!! I called in a local pest control guy - he sprayed some white powder into the hole in the wall where they were all coming and going and in a few hours they were all gone!

Cocaine and Colombia?

Why not call in the Southend CS gas gang. I still have one of their business cards from Dagenham away last season.

As someone has already said, you have a short space of time where they don't bother you but once the Queen dies WATCH OUT!
Call your council and they put you in touch with pest control - get it sorted and don't sod about with wasps.
Oh and for the final bit of good news, once you get a nest you normally get another one the next year and the year after etc. In fact, this is the first year for ages I haven't noticed one - YET!

As someone has already said, you have a short space of time where they don't bother you but once the Queen dies WATCH OUT!
Call your council and they put you in touch with pest control - get it sorted and don't sod about with wasps.
Oh and for the final bit of good news, once you get a nest you normally get another one the next year and the year after etc. In fact, this is the first year for ages I haven't noticed one - YET!

Nothing to do with that jumper you used to have, is it?

Back