• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Watching ifollow on TV

I use a Chrome browser on my tablet, which enables casting to my TV.

Tried it a couple of games ago, and the picture is good, but The stream was really laggy. Gave up in the end and just watched on my tablet where the stream was perfect.

I’m not much of a techy, but I know my WiFi is pretty ****, so I’m not sure if this played a part or not.

I doubt it. I did a speed test last night and was getting about 70mbps and the screen was still freezing...and that was with an ethernet cable not wifi.

Reactions: GBJ
I'm going to test it using the highlights from yesterdays game. Its not a live stream, but should have the same qualities to enable me to determine if I should set up to watch on my smartphone (which is 7 years old) or go with my laptop (which is works and is brand new just before Covid)
The only potential pitfall is if you have high ping (which essentially means you lose connection for a few seconds every so often). If your ping is high but your speed is good then you'll still be able to stream pre-recorded content because your device can download a couple of minutes of the video past where you are to cover you in case the connection drops for a few seconds. With live streaming though your device obviously can't download the future so if your connection suddenly drops the image will freeze until connection is re-established (you could just watch the match 2 minutes behind live to get around the issue if that happens though).

I doubt it. I did a speed test last night and was getting about 70mbps and the screen was still freezing...and that was with an ethernet cable not wifi.
Agreed. My internet speed wasn't the problem. Each time I'd try, I would get about 10 seconds ok and then it would freeze. This was using Chrome on the laptop. Must have re-tried dozens of times. Eventually used the app on my phone sometime into the second half, and got it going. Even tried the iFollow chat for reporting problems. Didn't even get a response. In fairness, this is the first time it's totally failed for me, although I have had minor blips.

Yesterday was the first time I’ve had any real issues with iFollow. Normally I watch it using the Firestick but that wasn’t having it, nor was my tablet or phone. Even the app was ****ing around Lol Hope they sort it out for the weekend ???

Yesterday was the first time I’ve had any real issues with iFollow. Normally I watch it using the Firestick but that wasn’t having it, nor was my tablet or phone. Even the app was ****ing around Lol Hope they sort it out for the weekend ???

I think it was SUFC who tweeted that there were no issues with the app and suggested people move to that. I then replied telling them I was having problems with that on my phone as well. I wonder if they treated that as a reported issue!

I use a Chrome browser on my tablet, which enables casting to my TV.

Tried it a couple of games ago, and the picture is good, but The stream was really laggy. Gave up in the end and just watched on my tablet where the stream was perfect.

I’m not much of a techy, but I know my WiFi is pretty ****, so I’m not sure if this played a part or not.
Based on the fact so many supporters of different clubs had the same problem I think it is EFLs\ifollows signal strength that's the problem. I suspected at times they tried reducing the broadcast strength hoping for more stabilty. It was really bad!.
I turned off other Wi-Fi stuff in the house with no difference.
The camerawork , a separate issue , was amaturish but at least provided some amusement to the frustrations!
LBBlue makes a good point. It seems evening's are more of a problem.

Reactions: GBJ
Can someone explain (to technophobe me) why I’ve never had a problem watching ifollow on my IPad (OK lucky me) - and, bizarrely, why I can sometimes watch it on my TV via an Apple Lightning adaptor when, according to experts that’s not supposed to happen?

Not complaining mind.

And not to suggest using Safari, an Apple software app, on a microsoft surface pc or android tablet

If anyone is trying to get a refund and hasn't got it despite sending email to ifollow try using the number on my post 149.It took some time to get through but when I did I actually spoke to a human being who arranged it straight away and got the refund next day.
I get the the impression that the organisation is being run on a shoe string with small number of employees unable to cope with all the flack

We contacted SUFC (no point in emailing the EFL - they never respond!) regarding the numerous issues with iFollow.

The club have been in contact with the head of Digital at the EFL and will in due course be issuing a statement which will give more information about the problem and solutions.

The EFL has today provided Southend United with an update on the issues that affected a number of supporters’ experience with iFollow on Tuesday night.

The service is delivered by Endeavor Streaming, the EFL’s third party streaming partner, who have explained that isolated technical issues on their platform caused the interruptions in service.

Endeavor have accepted that this level of service is way below the standards expected by the EFL and its Clubs and have apologised to the League, its Clubs and all supporters who were impacted.

Whilst it is now understood what led to the outages, the EFL has advised the Club that they are continuing to investigate to ensure that the issues do not re-occur.

Please note that all users affected will receive an email directly from the EFL regarding compensation.

The EFL has today provided Southend United with an update on the issues that affected a number of supporters’ experience with iFollow on Tuesday night.

The service is delivered by Endeavor Streaming, the EFL’s third party streaming partner, who have explained that isolated technical issues on their platform caused the interruptions in service.

Endeavor have accepted that this level of service is way below the standards expected by the EFL and its Clubs and have apologised to the League, its Clubs and all supporters who were impacted.

Whilst it is now understood what led to the outages, the EFL has advised the Club that they are continuing to investigate to ensure that the issues do not re-occur.

Please note that all users affected will receive an email directly from the EFL regarding compensation.
Good news, but not sure about the bit that all users 'affected' will be notified - how will the EFL determine that?

The way they put it is as though it's the first time it's happened!!!

Do we need a code for Port Vale ?? and have any been received ?? Thanks
Can't be 100% certain, but when I last spoke to the booking office they reckoned that EFL iFollow was taking over responsibility for authorising viewing. If you are a season card holder then they should authorise you to watch just before the game without a code. Port Vale was expected to be the first game under he new system. What could possibly go wrong?

Just had reply to my moan about Tuesdays fiasco. No monetary refund but a code issued to watch the game at Walsall on 14th.

Back