• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrsblue

Banned
Received a PM the other day telling me Coulthirst must play or the club has to pay his wages.The terms are along the lines of Shaq must get 20 minutes or so or we are penalised,I would add further Tottenham are possibly paying us a fee?

This would be a good deal for us if the player was banging them in but he isn't,Even if he suddenly scored 20 in the next 10 games his parent club will either recall him or send him higher up the league.

This deal if true damages team morale as he will never be dropped no matter how he plays.

Another Woodrow deal IMHO.

Let us see if he is rested by Phil?

Never dropped, yet he was dropped from the starting line up yesterday.

On another note, shock horror a team sends a player out on loan and want assurances he will get decent game time. How dare they!

On another note, shock horror a team sends a player out on loan and want assurances he will get decent game time. How dare they!

You still wearing the rosé tints?

I said he has to play 20 minutes yesterday he had 25.

We have forwards sitting on their hands who would bust a gut to get into the team yet if any player knows he will def get pitch time then maybe that player might not put in a shift to warrant his place.

Received a PM the other day telling me Coulthirst must play or the club has to pay his wages.The terms are along the lines of Shaq must get 20 minutes or so or we are penalised,I would add further Tottenham are possibly paying us a fee?

This would be a good deal for us if the player was banging them in but he isn't,Even if he suddenly scored 20 in the next 10 games his parent club will either recall him or send him higher up the league.

This deal if true damages team morale as he will never be dropped no matter how he plays.

Another Woodrow deal IMHO.

Let us see if he is rested by Phil?

He was only dropped from the starting line up, he got his 20 minute quota (if the rumour is true).

This is a damned if you do/don't situation...he can be as poor as you like but will still get played otherwise we pay a forfeit? Hope the club wouldn't be this stupid for a an unproven striker (who wants to play on the wing and is being played there). My personal opinion is we could have done no worse by using Brown (from Charlton) Layne - played 'mens' football and scored approx 16 last season or Williams. They are all very quick, and good at getting behind defences (same as Shaq)

My thoughts are the only reason they (Tottenham)would add that to a contract is if they thought he may be dropped. The only reason he would be dropped is if he isn't performing. If they have faith in his ability, they wouldn't need this clause. If we weren't desperate, we wouldn't have accepted it!!

Phil already said that any deal along these lines would be damaging for the club and therefore he wouldn't do it. I don't think he's lying. Would surprise me greatly if that was the case.

That aside, he looks the most likely to get 15 goals a season from our current group of strikers so I wouldn't worry. He just needs to actually start upfront in a 4-4-2 with Corr and we might see some goals. Playing him on the wing in a 4-5-1 is a waste of time and it's no wonder we haven't seen his best yet.

I don't think we are desperate enough to sign something like, every loanees we don't like seems to have some bogus contract rumour mentioned on here, which always end up being a load of rubbish.

I don't think we are desperate enough to sign something like, every loanees we don't like seems to have some bogus contract rumour mentioned on here, which always end up being. a load of rubbish.

Coulthirst has played in every game so far !

What has he got what our OWN CONTRACTED players lack who NEVER get picked.

Makes sense that if we want to borrow players from higher divisions and not pay their wages then they have to play. If their standard of play is not good enough or they don't fit in with our style then send em back. Don't get anything for nothing. If PB decides we have better plays of our own then we can just end the loan deal.
I don't feel mugged off, if we didn't take on such deals then we would never have seen Brit banging them in and would have been left with a very leaky injury ravaged defence last season.

You can look for positives or negatives. My neighbour will be well miffed if I borrowed his lawn mower for 6 months and I still have long grass.

Personally I don't care what the deal is. I only care if he is good enough. I think he and Weston could well be but the rub is are they going to be great scorers. Possibly, possibly not. Its not Shaq or Weston who are at fault. They have pace, the pace people wanted in the side. They can frighten a defence, but heres the thing, the pacier player is not always going to score. The pace draws defenders, makes space and allows team mates to capitalise and score but our other striker is Corr and he is not cashing in. Nor are the mids etc.

However it would be pleasant if the pace could chip in with a few :winking:

Same old people. Same old conspiracy theory. Care to share the PM? Or is just someone else with the same view as yourself taking a rumour and making it a fact? You said the same all of last season about Woodrow before ultimately having to backtrack when you were proved wrong?

Same old people. Same old conspiracy theory. Care to share the PM? Or is just someone else with the same view as yourself taking a rumour and making it a fact? You said the same all of last season about Woodrow before ultimately having to backtrack when you were proved wrong?

The sender will remain private unless they wish to be known !

I never backtracked whatsoever and certainly was never proved wrong and I would add even Phil was surprised he went back because Phil openly stated he had gave him plenty of pitch time.

Coulthirst has played in every game and here is the giveaway he has been the most selected offensive player to date.

I also received a PM, but I would like to know why you posted this for everyone to see when the person clearly wanted it to stay private?

I also received a PM, but I would like to know why you posted this for everyone to see when the person clearly wanted it to stay private?

You constantly try to score points don't you,The sender never asked/told me to remain silent and I have not revealed his/her identity.

Why don't you try and have an interesting view instead of your petty target practice .

You constantly try to score points don't you,The sender never asked/told me to remain silent and I have not revealed his/her identity.

Why don't you try and have an interesting view instead of your petty target practice .

You always seem to want to start these threads whenever we aren't winning games. PM stands for private message, so if they wanted it to be out in the public domain they probably would have made their own thread without such a sensationalist headline.

Sorry for not having an "interesting" view, but I'd rather remain realistic than moan when things are going perfect. Supporting Southend United is about riding the roller coaster, enjoying the ups and enduring the downs and it is a fact that we will have more downs than ups and that will continue.

Sometimes people think of conspiracies because the real facts and real situation isn't that "interesting". So you can call me petty or trying to score points with every post as I will not care.

The sender will remain private unless they wish to be known !

I never backtracked whatsoever and certainly was never proved wrong and I would add even Phil was surprised he went back because Phil openly stated he had gave him plenty of pitch time.

Coulthirst has played in every game and here is the giveaway he has been the most selected offensive player to date.

From what I recall your certainty about Woodrow's contract went from 'had to start' to 'had to play' to 'had to at least come on as a substitute' to something like 'had to at least be on the bench at weekend games but not cup games, especially if they were on Tuesdays when there were more than 30 days in the month where a month starts with the letter A'.

Which, in fairness, is your standard loan agreement...

You always seem to want to start these threads whenever we aren't winning games. PM stands for private message, so if they wanted it to be out in the public domain they probably would have made their own thread without such a sensationalist headline.

Sorry for not having an "interesting" view, but I'd rather remain realistic than moan when things are going perfect. Supporting Southend United is about riding the roller coaster, enjoying the ups and enduring the downs and it is a fact that we will have more downs than ups and that will continue.

Sometimes people think of conspiracies because the real facts and real situation isn't that "interesting". So you can call me petty or trying to score points with every post as I will not care.

We are paying customers who over the course of a season spend a considerable amount to watch the team ,I and many other's want the best for the club now if that ain't possible I Defo demand every player who pulls on the shirt will be giving their all and not some weird loan deal where if they don't perform they still get picked for the next game .

From what I recall your certainty about Woodrow's contract went from 'had to start' to 'had to play' to 'had to at least come on as a substitute' to something like 'had to at least be on the bench at weekend games but not cup games, especially if they were on Tuesdays when there were more than 30 days in the month where a month starts with the letter A'.

Which, in fairness, is your standard loan agreement...

No the truth is many on here took the wee and inserted their own gags because they are all so clever don't you know,Indeed on this thread Chapperz said "he was dropped' and another person and myself pointed out he was wrong.

Perhaps we could all look at the thread and answer the points rather than reducing it, as ever, to personal squabbling.

Off topic but , for a very valid reason. Chapperz hit the nail on the head here. PM's are just that Private or Personal messages. It the guy who Pm'ed you wanted it out there in the public domain, he would of done it himself. As it stands you have betrayed that mans trust by creating this thread without his say so.

Imo that is very bad form between members on here. I would of Pm'ed you this message mrsblue but I prefer the irony of putting it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back