• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this the same source that told you England had only sold 10,000 tickets for the Norway game?

I heard that about 2 weeks ago & someone on FB has alluded to the upper tier being closed for the game as his upper tier tickets have been moved to the lower tier. They've probably sold more than 10k now, (if that rumour was true).

Edit: couldnt remember where I'd seen or heard that, but quick google shows many publications about the story...

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-rooney-could-be-england-captain-9664863.html

Last edited:
Conjecture only I am afraid,Let's see if Phil omits Coulthirst from the team or plays him for less than 20 minutes !,The Wimbledon game is ideal for sweeping changes to the attack don't you agree.

And that's the whole point. It's conjecture, just as it was with Woodrow. The evidence from Woodrow didn't support the conjecture. And there's no proof of it just because Coulthirst plays any more than there's proof that Bolger has contracted to getting sent off every once in a while.

Ergo, it is highly unlikely that we are actually being mugged off.

Pure. Conjecture. Again. And that's not taking the wee. It's logic.

Not at all,

You want to take the wee by twisting or misreading everything I say,Now if you want to talk football or add interest to this thread then fantastic.RE Williams ATM that scenario is currently only a scenario.

It is only a scenario, but that is exactly what you did minutes before my post:

If Williams was having a blinder and scored a brace he potentially could be taken off to satisfy the loan deal.

I have added facts and opinions to this thread and your response has been to ignore those facts and just go for personal comments:

You still wearing the rosé tints?

You constantly try to score points don't you,The sender never asked/told me to remain silent and I have not revealed his/her identity.

Why don't you try and have an interesting view instead of your petty target practice .

No the truth is many on here took the wee and inserted their own gags because they are all so clever don't you know,Indeed on this thread Chapperz said "he was dropped' and another person and myself pointed out he was wrong.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzboreoffzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

If you want my opinion, if this is interesting enough for you, then it is that Coulthirst offers us something different and he is someone who is capable of creating a chance for himself as shown in previous games. The difference between him and those you mentioned (Layne, Williams and Brown) is hard to say when those 3 mentioned have about 10 minutes of game time between them.

I don't want a player who will "bust a gut" to prove a point, I want someone who has football talent worthy of playing for us. Of course I want to see those 3 mentioned come through and bang in 20+ a season but the reality is that it is highly unlikely to happen and throwing young players in at the deep end and hoping they will swim is not a productive youth policy IMO.

Could Shaq please post his full contract on line so we could all examine it in detail, only seems fair?

Same old, same old...yadda yadda yadda.

Tell you what mrs blue, why don't you go along to the Q&A with Phil Brown and ask him point blank and see what he says?

Any team sending one of their young players out on loan will want some kind of assurances they will get pitch time, I'm pretty sure it's not going to be set in stone that they want them to start every time. It wasn't with Cauley, and I'm damned sure it's not with Shaq!

Same old, same old...yadda yadda yadda.

Tell you what mrs blue, why don't you go along to the Q&A with Phil Brown and ask him point blank and see what he says?

Any team sending one of their young players out on loan will want some kind of assurances they will get pitch time, I'm pretty sure it's not going to be set in stone that they want them to start every time. It wasn't with Cauley, and I'm damned sure it's not with Shaq!

You will never get the real answer at any Q and A. Pointless having them IMO

You will never get the real answer at any Q and A. Pointless having them IMO

Whereas posting unsubstantiated rumours on the internet is time well spent?

You may not get the answers you want at a Q&A but surely it is more constructive to raise these questions with the club.

No one has to attend the Q&As (I will readily admit I never have) but it seem pretty insulting to the people who spend considerable time and effort arranging them to dismiss them as pointless.

Are you talking about answers that cannot be given for legal reasons or are you saying that the answers given are not true?

I don't think we would get the answer about Coulthirst. I think in the main, we are given the bare minimum answer to questions and the answer will be to appease the crowd, not necessarily the answer that is correct

You may not get the answers you want at a Q&A but surely it is more constructive to raise these questions with the club.

No one has to attend the Q&As (I will readily admit I never have) but it seem pretty insulting to the people who spend considerable time and effort arranging them to dismiss them as pointless.

Not saying it is. Do you think we all get the truth when the Q and A happens?

I don't think we would get the answer about Coulthirst. I think in the main, we are given the bare minimum answer to questions and the answer will be to appease the crowd, not necessarily the answer that is correct

If that answer was what you wanted to hear would it be correct?

Every player should play on merit and not be allowed to continually be selected regardless of form just because the club does not want to be penalised,If Williams was having a blinder and scored a brace he potentially could be taken off to satisfy the loan deal.

The winning of football matches for Southend United will be first and foremost in the club & Brown's mind, not appeasing parent clubs who own some of our loanees. As I said, similar deals to the one you've mentioned go on all the time. Don't worry so much about it...

This poster sums it up for me, a poster who has posted few times but talks sense as opposed to someone who posts over 10,000 times and most is utter bollox
UTS

This poster sums it up for me, a poster who has posted few times but talks sense as opposed to someone who posts over 10,000 times and most is utter bollox
UTS

Good point.
My 9,999 post will be my last.
No way am I getting lumped in with the numpties !

Not saying it is. Do you think we all get the truth when the Q and A happens?

I do not think Phil Brown will lie. You may not get the answer you want, but that does not make it an incorrect.

If however you do not ask questions you cannot really complain about a lack of clarity though can you

I do not think Phil Brown will lie. You may not get the answer you want, but that does not make it an incorrect.

If however you do not ask questions you cannot really complain about a lack of clarity though can you

If Brown was asked outright if Coulthirst had a clause saying he had to play, if that was actually the case, I doubt very much that's the answer that would be given. I am sure all those answering questions at the Q and A will have been briefed on what they can and can't say.

UTS

I hope you aren't referring to me. I have posted over 10,00 times but really don't think I post utter bollocks. Rather than 'suggest' a poster, have the bollocks to name them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back