• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Wealdstone 0-1 Southend United

I spoke about stepping up and start winning games a few weeks back and to be fair the lads have done that..... we now go on run of very winnable fixtures where we can pick up decent amount of points to put us at the right end of the table. We'll done sufc.

Marcus Dackers on BBC Essex just said ...Thank you to the Southend fans, they were unbelievable, and kept me going the last 20 minutes. Good news, he also said he's taken a few penalties, 4 or 5, and hasn't missed yet. He said his technique is to to take two steps, and it's worked so far. He said he will be racing to get hold of the ball if we get another penalty.

Last edited:
Marcus Dackers on BBC Essex just said ...Thank you to the Southend fans, they were unbelievable, and kept me going the last 20 minutes. Good news, he also said he's taken a few penalties, 4 or 5, and hasn't missed yet. He said his technique is to to take two steps, and it's worked so far. He said he will be racing to get hold of the ball if we get another penalty.
More importantly, did he say whether he'll be able to extend his loan period???

It would be good to keep Dackers. There has to be a decent chance Salford will want him back- let’s hope one of their forwards doesn’t get an injury. I wonder if it being a month was their preference or ours? From our side Cardwell is not that far away. From theirs he can’t be far off their first team squad.

Sounded a very dull game on the radio....
Ill take a few dour 1-0 aways tho! Our defence is so solid at the moment, we just need to start scoring some bladdy goals and we'll be truly in business.

Decent game and a good performance. Defended well, Łopata definitely makes a difference and I felt a lot less nervous about Wealdstone attacks with him commanding the back line. We largely nullified Wealdstone's threat and they only had a couple of chances. We should really have been one up by the time we got the penalty. Once we were down to ten we shut up shop really effectively, and the Stones didn't really threaten after that.

Dackers would be my MOM. Put himself about really well, unlucky with the header against the bar in the first half, a well taken pen and some great defensive work as we saw the game out.

From the covered terrace the atmosphere felt a bit flat until we went down to ten men, then we woke up a bit to urge the team towards the win. The away end wasn't as bad as I remember, there was a lovely micropub in the high street and the burger was passable. A good day out.

Make no mistake this was a massive 3 points.Wealdstone were neat and tidy and keep hitting long balls down the channels trying to get behind our defense but we held firm no real threat from them.

Blimey it is hard on the heart watching our games, if fairly pleasing on the footballing side up until the putting of the ball in the onion bag.
We should have been home and dry by half time but woodwork, rebound struck down (GSM?) and bounces a foot over. Shots blocked, scrambles, deflections, shots and header straight at keeper, all just yards infront of the 750 Yellows. Haven't we done this in many games and not got the just rewards?
2nd half was more even, pen was won by GSM and rightly flagged by the lino close by. Dackers took an average pen, same as Powells saved at Halifax, but the gk went wrong way and left an empty net.
We were cruising, then stupid, silly, petulant 2nd yellow and it was hanging on and dropping back and squeaky bum time for the longest 7 minutes in history!
Relief poured from the low, temporary, pre fab away end, smiles and belief, KM and Ruby visibly overjoyed.
Fair ref, maybe he could and should have 2 yellowed some Stones players?
No passengers out there.
My M of M goes to Cav Miley, immense work rate.
Good stewarding, food 10x better than at The Hall.

Make no mistake this was a massive 3 points.Wealdstone were neat and tidy and keep hitting long balls down the channels trying to get behind our defense but we held firm no real threat from them.
Well done to the team and the travelling fans.

great result even going down to 10 men .Irelly hope we can keep Dackers for a few more moths .Brillant up top .And good when called for in defence .

Back