• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ticket News Wealdstone (home) **now Tuesday 5 March** and (away) **now Tuesday 9 April**

They shifted it to Hendon yesterday to be played tonight..
Which they duly won 4-0 to set up another home League postponement (Eastleigh) and a home quarter-final tie against Solihull.

I see Wealdstone's game tonight (against Bromley) has now been postponed as well. Pretty sure they're now out of free Tuesday nights before the end of the season - what a nightmare for them. They're already having to play on the Thursday night after we play them on the Tuesday, looks like they'll have Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday two weeks in a row!

Screenshot 2024-03-12 at 11.26.16.png

I see Wealdstone's game tonight (against Bromley) has now been postponed as well. Pretty sure they're now out of free Tuesday nights before the end of the season - what a nightmare for them. They're already having to play on the Thursday night after we play them on the Tuesday, looks like they'll have Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday two weeks in a row!

View attachment 31386
Yeah, with any luck that schedule will send them down. Won't be missed. By me anyway.

Luckily for them Nick Hayes' outstanding penalty save put them out of the Trophy on Saturday !

A quick look at the BBC Weather for the Wealdstone area reveals that it will start raining there overnight Monday and then continue all through the day Tuesday. Yet another postponement?

With their record all postponements should result in 3 points awarded to the away team.

If that was the case they would soon sort their lake, sorry I meant pitch. out.
So how many postponements before awarding the points?
The can of worms being opened here is weather could determine relegation or promotion.
Maybe, a better solution is to relocate the game?

They should be getting sanctioned. They have cancelled about 8+ games this season. Their ground isn't fit for purpose
...maybe, or the biblical rain has been highly unusual.
I think if you check there hasn't been one totally dry for the country since December!
I wonder whether London ground drainage would make a difference to a re-planted pitch, or should Stones go the hated way of 4G?

...maybe, or the biblical rain has been highly unusual.
I think if you check there hasn't been one totally dry for the country since December!
I wonder whether London ground drainage would make a difference to a re-planted pitch, or should Stones go the hated way of 4G?
Just fine them 10 points.

Just fine them 10 points.
Why just 10? Why not make it 20? 30, anyone?
Do you think they want postponements? The logistics of fining a club would need the FL/NL to prove they were negligent in preparing the pitch.
I'd love to know how you prove it unless someone at the club drove a rotovator over the surface deliberately and admitted it.
I think this fining thing needs thinking through...

So how many postponements before awarding the points?
The can of worms being opened here is weather could determine relegation or promotion.
Maybe, a better solution is to relocate the game?
Quite- I would think it’s possible to agree to play it at RH with league approval. The problem is it would need to be well in advance due to necessary arrangements, policing etc. And by the time you have the weather forecast it’s too late.

You would think the one thing you do is make sure your pitch is up to a minimum standard? Amazed me Col U spent 10s of millions on a shiny new stadium and didn’t bother with the relatively small cost of making sure the right drainage was in place…I guess it’s underground and out of sight out of mind…

Quite- I would think it’s possible to agree to play it at RH with league approval. The problem is it would need to be well in advance due to necessary arrangements, policing etc. And by the time you have the weather forecast it’s too late.

You would think the one thing you do is make sure your pitch is up to a minimum standard? Amazed me Col U spent 10s of millions on a shiny new stadium and didn’t bother with the relatively small cost of making sure the right drainage was in place…I guess it’s underground and out of sight out of mind…
Not wishing to be pedantic, anal or off-topic (I'm about to achieve all three of those things), I don't think it cost Col U anything when the stadium was built. Wiki extract below:

On 13 November 2006, Colchester United chief executive Marie Partner announced to United fans gathered at Colchester's Moot Hall that the stadium had received the go-ahead after clearing a major hurdle. The Council had backed the £14.23 million stadium by taking out a £10.23 million loan. The remaining £4 million came in the form of grants from the Football Foundation and local government and development agencies.

Why just 10? Why not make it 20? 30, anyone?
Do you think they want postponements? The logistics of fining a club would need the FL/NL to prove they were negligent in preparing the pitch.
I'd love to know how you prove it unless someone at the club drove a rotovator over the surface deliberately and admitted it.
I think this fining thing needs thinking through...

That's easy......Wealdstone haven't actually broken any NL rules. So 10 points is their standard punishment for clubs who have just been a bit annoying.

Just confirmation please.

That you can buy on the day (tomorrow) at the turnstiles.

Back