• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

WELL DONE RON, NEARLY ALL IS FORGIVEN!

It's called personal opinion, just because you didn't like it, doesn't make them wrong.
You wouldn’t even want to hear my personal opinion on some of the obnoxious anti Stan quotes posted on here by posters and you are quite correct, it wouldn’t make my opinion wrong.

Forgetting opinions and sticking to facts.......

FACT, no CEO for 5 years
FACT, steady downward spiral in the last 5 years
FACT, after 101 years as a League club, we are now non-league
FACT, Stan showed an interest in being involved with the rebuild of our club
FACT, Stan introduced the new CEO to Ron Martin
Likely assumption, without Stan we would not have the new CEO
FACT, in a week Stan raised £10k for the Trust

Debate should be debate, not telling someone that you have never met that you don’t like them - where is the debate in that?

You wouldn’t even want to hear my personal opinion on some of the obnoxious anti Stan quotes posted on here by posters and you are quite correct, it wouldn’t make my opinion wrong.

Forgetting opinions and sticking to facts.......

FACT, no CEO for 5 years
FACT, steady downward spiral in the last 5 years
FACT, after 101 years as a League club, we are now non-league
FACT, Stan showed an interest in being involved with the rebuild of our club
FACT, Stan introduced the new CEO to Ron Martin
Likely assumption, without Stan we would not have the new CEO
FACT, in a week Stan raised £10k for the Trust

Debate should be debate, not telling someone that you have never met that you don’t like them - where is the debate in that?

We did have a debate where we were both polite to each other.

I was asked (by that person) if I liked them and I said no. It's not an offence to not like someone.

I'd bet my life you have dozens of Celebs you don't like, where's the difference?

We did have a debate where we were both polite to each other.

I was asked (by that person) if I liked them and I said no. It's not an offence to not like someone.

I'd bet my life you have dozens of Celebs you don't like, where's the difference?
Very simple - how can you possibly not like someone that you have never met?

How can I not like dozens of celebrities if I have never met them?

I might not like their music, their films, their TV shows etc but I do not know them to not like THEM as a person.

I suspect you do not know SVC but have based your judgement on what you have seen, read and heard rather than experienced first hand.

I might not like their music, their films, their TV shows etc but I do not know them to not like THEM as a person.

I suspect you do not know SVC but have based your judgement on what you have seen, read and heard rather than experienced first hand.

I'm not going to argue with you my friend, if you say you like everyone, then you're a better person than I am and the world needs more people like you.

I will never forgive waiting 25 years or whatever it is for the stadium to be built as constantly promised, not even when and if the new one ever gets built, Thats a good chunk of a lifetime waiting on Rons fantasy dreams, Awful watching other clubs do it, thanks Ron you beanbag ( there thats not too much of a naughty word is it )

Scunthorpe is running in parallel to us. Their plight is almost a mirror image to our own. I have long supported RM and acknowledged his efforts but whereas many of you seem to think he's turned a corner, I still want more assured security at FF. Revenue streams and some form of covenant. It's these we need to fight for.

With the news of first Phill Brown’s appointment quickly, and now today, news of a Chief Executive and two signings in the offing this early, mean that Ron has now seen the light and is making positive moves.
Hopefully Ron can Now spend all his time in getting us into FF ASAP.
His domain Property Development!
Dear Shrimperzone, I will look forward to your comments.
I do expect some telling me I might be in cloud cuckoo land!
UTB, COYB :Clap::Clap::Hilarious::Hilarious::LoyalSupporter::LoyalSupporter::LoyalSupporter:

sorry... I don’t quite understand ?? Are we talking about the very same man who, over recent years , has brought the club to its lowest point in its history, OUT of the league..... who has brought us into serious disrepute, who has made us a laughing stock with an appalling reputation , who has overseen god knows how many embargoes, who can’t even pay staff properly, etc etc etc .... I could go on and on .... but what’s the point ??

I truly pray you’re right of course, and I genuinely admire your optimism, but nothing in Martin’s track record of in the past 5/6 yrs gives me any hope at all. Not even a glimmer. In any other business, he would have been booted out years ago...... sadly, we’re stuck with him.

Will take a lot more and a lot longer for me personally to forgive RM.

The last 3 years and prior have been a disgrace, he has managed to turn a respected, stable and largely envied division 1 team in to an embarrassment of a non league club that others now think of as a joke and thanks to the 19 CCJ'S and the transfer embargo decent players run a mile from.

The appointment of TL is a massive step forward albeit 3 years too late. If his new master plan works with TL & PB and we are at least challenging for promotion next season and more importantly we manage to pay our players on time and don't get anymore CCJ'S and he stops throwing people he appointment or agreed to being part of SUFC under busses I might start to forgive him.

Oh and an apology to the fans would go a long way but he has expertly dodged that at every opportunity so I doubt we will ever get one as it's clearly never RM's fault ?‍♂️

Last edited:
I'm not going to argue with you my friend, if you say you like everyone, then you're a better person than I am and the world needs more people like you.

Well that's scarcely a fair debate, putting words into Tampa Blues mouth is it? Nowhere did he say he liked everyone, nor is it correct to infer that what he did say implied that he did. In fact he said he might not like their films, their TV shows etc. but that to say you like or dislike someone as a person requires you to actually meet them.

For what it's worth I agree with Tampa Blue up to a point, but whilst he might have been kind to animals and good fun in the trattoria I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't like Mussolini, or Stalin, or Hitler, or Slobodan Milosevic.....but they are all mass murderers, not footballers, or TV stars. How you can say you genuinely don't like a footballer as a person without meeting him baffles me. You can certainly say "from what I've read and seen on TV about him I don't think I'd like him if I met him...." , but that's as far as it goes.

Last edited:
How can anyone forgive RM!! He is ultimately is responsible for the mess the club is in.
Having to play Non-League football for the first time in our history after two horrendous seasons and total turnmoil on and off the pitch.

And yet there are many people on here who do not like Ron Martin and not all will have actually met him. They base their judgements on his actions, words and what they've seen in interviews and zoom meetings. Unless of course they are not saying that they dislike him as a person .....?

And yet there are many people on here who do not like Ron Martin and not all will have actually met him. They base their judgements on his actions, words and what they've seen in interviews and zoom meetings. Unless of course they are not saying that they dislike him as a person .....?

I think that's exactly it for me.

I don't like the decisions Ron makes, I don't like the way he runs the club, I don't like the allegations of poor staff treatment I hear about him.

I don't know him personally so can't comment on the man himself.

sorry... I don’t quite understand ?? Are we talking about the very same man who, over recent years , has brought the club to its lowest point in its history, OUT of the league..... who has brought us into serious disrepute, who has made us a laughing stock with an appalling reputation , who has overseen god knows how many embargoes, who can’t even pay staff properly, etc etc etc .... I could go on and on .... but what’s the point ??

I truly pray you’re right of course, and I genuinely admire your optimism, but nothing in Martin’s track record of in the past 5/6 yrs gives me any hope at all. Not even a glimmer. In any other business, he would have been booted out years ago...... sadly, we’re stuck with him.
Hi, Rootshall Rambler, I agree with the points you have made, and I am as upset as you are, we are noW non league , no more needs to be added!.
The problem is we cannot get rid of Ron. He is to far down the route of trying to make his fortune with FF being his Golden Goose.
We are were we are and we have to get on with it. For me though, I think Ron has seen the light (albeit too late) and to me he does seem to be putting it right now also nice and early, which has been our problem the last two seasons. Ron needs to get us back into the league for his own plans to succeed.:Dizzy:

With the news of first Phill Brown’s appointment quickly, and now today, news of a Chief Executive and two signings in the offing this early, mean that Ron has now seen the light and is making positive moves.
Hopefully Ron can Now spend all his time in getting us into FF ASAP.
His domain Property Development!
Dear Shrimperzone, I will look forward to your comments.
I do expect some telling me I might be in cloud cuckoo land!
UTB, COYB :Clap::Clap::Hilarious::Hilarious::LoyalSupporter::LoyalSupporter::LoyalSupporter:

Cant knock ur optimism, always assuming this is a serious post.

Nothing has changed and the Club is dying. I wont be paying £24 to watch non league and as far as I'm concerned this is not my team while Martin remains.Seemingly a joke 3 sided ground to come.Just ask Oxford what benefit they ,got from that rubbish.

WAKE UP PEOPLE!...UTB

Cant knock ur optimism, always assuming this is a serious post.

Nothing has changed and the Club is dying. I wont be paying £24 to watch non league and as far as I'm concerned this is not my team while Martin remains.Seemingly a joke 3 sided ground to come.Just ask Oxford what benefit they ,got from that rubbish.

WAKE UP PEOPLE!...UTB
I'm fully awake, what I'd like to hear is what you propose as an alternative to the present situation. It's certain that if everyone adopted your approach the club would die. If you're proposing a 'phoenix' club starting again from scratch, I can only assume you're much younger than I and have the advantage over me of being able to wait eight or ten years for us to again attain league status. Whilst I respect your opinion, Southend United will ALWAYS be my team, whoever owns or manages them.

Back