• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Xàbia Shrimper

Co-founder of ShrimperZone
From tonight's London Evening Standard:

Wembley chiefs are backing their chefs to win over the public in the row about food pricing at the new stadium. Many fans were stunned at being charged £4.50 for a pie, £3.90 for a hotdog and £8 for a burger meal as test events ahead of this months FA Cup Final.

But Wembley's MD Alex Horne, is unprepentent claiming the issue stems from unclear menus which did not accurately reflect the quality of the produce on sale. Once fans have an informed choice - as well as shorter queues and hotter food - Horne believes they will be happy to pay up. He said: "we are looking at the signage so people have a better understanding of what they are buying.

We need "a burger" to be properly described as to what it is - "An Aberdeen Angus pure beef burger with cheddar cheese". The description burger doesn't accurately portray what you buying. We think if we can give people a better experience in terms of food quality and queuing, then pricing will be less of an issue."

The last paragraph has raised a few eyebrows. And the fact that Mr Horne seems not to understand the common football fan suggests that he must be related to our very own Geoffrey King.

i think a picture is start to emerge as to why the stadium was so late, over budget and already needing bits replaced, when it's run by idiots like him.

I don't go to football matches to eat a gourmet burger made from the finest cuts of aberdeen angus beef... I want something I can skoff down which will keep me going until i get home and doesn't cost much more than 3 quid. It's pure economics, at a football ground there isn't the demand for decent burgers, just some tastey cheap grub but instead Wembley think they know better and want to go against what hundreds of league grounds have found works, over the last 100 years

prats

****s... if i want pure aberdeen finest beef stuff ill go to a restaurant... if im hungry at half time, i just want a dirty burger!

Why cant they have two types of burger... one that costs £2.50 for the laymen that visit the stadium, and a £4.50 one for the prawn sandwich (slash Aberdeen Angus) brigade??

utter garbage.

having been to both the community open day and the U21 game i can assure you that the food is no better than any other average football stadium fare, the queues at best were horrendous and as for it being hotter - i suggest this bloke actually goes and experiences it himself instead of looking down from his ivory tower and proclaiming everything to be wonderful.

The bloke is an idiot! 3 pies @ £4.50 each and 3 beers @ £3.50 each totaling £24 is nothing less than scandalous.

The beer £2.50ish elsewhere was average and the pie was of no better standard than you get in the fish shop for £1.60.

If this bloke feels that the standard of his stuff is £3.90 more superior he lives in cloud cuckoo land.

Its quite simple really. Don't buy it and they will have to bring prices down. The age old economic principle of demand affecting supply.

pathetic,they should have an indoor cafe for these gourmet foods to cater for the prawn sandwich brigade, and give us the good old cheap ****e that us football fans know and love

Its quite simple really. Don't buy it and they will have to bring prices down. The age old economic principle of demand affecting supply.

ahh but the problem is that there is no alternative, people want some hot fastfood at half time and all they can get is overpriced "gourmet" food... which apparently is nothing better than food at anyother ground

wembley just seems like one big con at the moment

the fact that they are now going to be playing the FA cup semis there is the final straw IMO. the FA are a bunch of idiotic ****s

ahh but the problem is that there is no alternative, people want some hot fastfood at half time and all they can get is overpriced "gourmet" food... which apparently is nothing better than food at anyother ground

wembley just seems like one big con at the moment

the fact that they are now going to be playing the FA cup semis there is the final straw IMO. the FA are a bunch of idiotic ****s

There is an alternative - don't do your drinking and eating at the stadium. I'll be having a beer and some grub at Finchley Road or Baker Street tomorrow, then taking the short tube ride to the stadium. Much better.

My firm have put me in charge of our Wembley box,I don't like sorting things out for the prawn sandwich brigade, currently have no takers for any of the play-offs, some want to know why Man Utd and Chelsea are not in the play-offs. Prawn sandwiches are very expensive.

No different to the emirates to be honest, you have a decent selection of food there but its just as pricey and not actually very nice.

Back