• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Weymouth 2 Southend United 2

Which XI will start the game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spaceman Spiff

Attila the Admin ⭐
Staff member
So folks, on to match three of the preseason schedule and a chance to see another new signing for the first time!

What do you think will be the XI who start the match? Might there be some surprises - perhaps A Trialist that we weren’t expecting? Thoughts and tactical considerations welcome!

No Lyden. So I guess he's gone

Mark Oxley
Nathan Bishop
Elvis Bwomono
Tom Clifford
Nathan Ralph
Rob Howard
Rob Kiernan
Harry Lennon
John White
Mark Milligan
Dru Yearwood
Sam Mantom
Isaac Hutchinson
Harry Phillips
Michael Klass
Emile Acquah
Theo Robinson
Stephen Humphrys
Brandon Goodship
Stephen McLaughlin
Charlie Kelman
Corey Jordan
Andre Blackman

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if we see the side that finished Tuesday start tonight and there be a “flip flop” of the two halves so everyone’s had 90 mins over the two games.

Then Exeter, we’ll still see some tinkering before Dagenham and Millwall starting to see what’s what.

Long delays for those driving down. Glad I couldn't make it.

I'd play like this...

Bishop

Bwomono
Kiernan
Lennon
Ralph

Robinson
Milligan
Yearwood
McLaughlin

Humphys
Goodship

Why not start with our strongest available line-up then? So,obviously, Oxley in goal and Mantom in midfield.As we’re short in numbers,we might have to have Robinson on the bench.

I’d argue now that our strongest line up includes at least one maybe two of the kids.

Let’s not have another season of safety first, go with what we know and then moan when what we knew would happen, happens....

I'd play like this...

Bishop

Bwomono
Kiernan
Lennon
Ralph

Robinson
Milligan
Yearwood
McLaughlin

Humphys
Goodship

If we started the first day of the season like that I wouldn’t be disappointed.

Back