• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What are you listening to?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (West Country Shrimper @ June 05 2005,17:55)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ June 05 2005,15:15)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (West Country Shrimper @ June 04 2005,22:38)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (pboreham @ June 04 2005,22:33)]Apart from that, NIN, QOTSA and Audioslave new ones getting some listening time...
What's the QOTSA one like? I fancy getting it, but I've told its either crap or you really have to listen to it a few times to get into.
It's very, very good. Quite different from Songs For The Deaf but a bloomin' good album none the less.
Ok, I trust your judgement. I'll try and get it soon, but with the fact i've only got £50 to last me 2 weeks, it's gonna be hard to get it within that.
The joys of illegal downloads and owning an iPod.....haven't bought a CD in ages!

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ June 05 2005,17:56)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
Quote[/b] (pboreham @ June 04 2005,22:33)]Apart from that, NIN, QOTSA and Audioslave new ones getting some listening time...
What's the QOTSA one like? I fancy getting it, but I've told its either crap or you really have to listen to it a few times to get into.
It's very, very good. Quite different from Songs For The Deaf but a bloomin' good album none the less.
Ok, I trust your judgement. I'll try and get it soon, but with the fact i've only got £50 to last me 2 weeks, it's gonna be hard to get it within that.
The joys of illegal downloads and owning an iPod.....haven't bought a CD in ages!

wink.gif
I cant afford to buy a iPod. If you can tell me the link to downloading so I can listen to it on Media Player, i'd be really grateful
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (West Country Shrimper @ June 05 2005,17:58)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:

wink.gif
I cant afford to buy a iPod. If you can tell me the link to downloading so I can listen to it on Media Player, i'd be really grateful
biggrin.gif
How fast is your web connection? If you have decent enough broadband I can email it to you.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ June 05 2005,18:14)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (West Country Shrimper @ June 05 2005,17:58)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:

wink.gif
biggrin.gif
How fast is your web connection? If you have decent enough broadband I can email it to you.
Ive got a uni connection. I think it's quicker than normal broadband. Im sure it'l be fine if you e-mail it to me.

I'm in the middle of getting the new Oasis album. Not too impressed, but 'Mucky Fingers' and 'Let There Be Love' are stand out songs so far. They'll never produce anything like the Morning Glory album again though.

The new Weezer album is quite good. I got that off the back of the superb 'Beverly Hills' and if you like that and some of their more well known past stuff, then I'd recommend getting the new one.

I've also just got the new 3 Doors Down album. That's a pretty good inoffensive Rock album and the first few songs are particually strong. Their new single, called 'Let Me Go', is one of my current favourite songs and it's being played on Kerrang! TV quite a bit.

Finally, the Simple Plan album called 'Still Not Getting Any' is still getting played continually by me, as is the brilliant 'American Idiot' by Green Day.

** shudders at thought of Simple Plan **

wink.gif

Mucky Fingers will be the next single from Oasis and i dont intend on buying the album to be honest.

Apparently the Dead 60's album is out (or will be soon) so will have to get that as well.

'The Dan Band' is one of my fav cd's, for those that have seen the film 'Old School' it's the band that sing 'Total eclipse of the heart' (Bonnie Tyler) at the wedding.
They take alot of 'girlie' tunes and rock them up BIG TIME!
I'ts great, song like 'Fame', 'Abba' and Kellis' 'Milkshake' are but a few to name!
Order it on the net, it's great stuff!

Also, Pborham, you said FF's 2nd disc is crap? Have not heard it yet, Is that the acoustic album or the electric one? And why is it crap?

Yea, tis the acoustic one and I just dont think it is very good. I love acoustic music, (Jar of Flies/Sap by Alice In Chains is one of my favourite albums) - but the Foo's effort seems lost.

If they had released a strong 16-18 song single CD, then it could have been a masterpiece - the slower stuff would have complimented the electric. To release them seperately just doesnt work for me, at least the acoustic part!

'Open Season' by British Sea Power
'Employment' by Kaiser Chiefs
'Demon Days' by Gorillaz

Also, the CD part of our kitchen stereo is knackered, so we can only play tapes on it now. This has forced me in to rediscovering some of the old stuff I have on tape, such as the truly excellent 'Dog Man Star' by Suede and 'Bona Drag' by Morrissey.

Get behind me Satan by the White Stripes I got a couple of weeks ago, Blue Orchid and Take,Take,Take I love.
Demon Days has been on my Ipod for a couple of months now and is just amazing.
Proof by I am Kloot
X&Y by Coldplay, What if and Fix You, amazing
Joshua Tree I recently got
Employment is all right
Destroy Rock and Roll is quality
Some Cities by Doves is good

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kenny @ June 05 2005,13:45)]Mylo - Destroy Rock and Roll

Highly recommended if you like stuff like Daft Punk or Royksopp.
Hmm, nice tip Kenny. I'll check it out.

KT Tunstall - Eye to the Telescope. Not very demanding, but toe-tappingly pleasing stuff, and she does have a great voice.

Athlete - Tourist. Haven't warmed to it quite as much as Vehicles & Animals yet, but we'll see.

Rakhmaninov - Choral Vespers... well, at least this is what I'll be getting my ears and throat around as of 7.00 pm tonight. If you want atmospheric, I struggle to think of anything in music - either pop-rock or classical - which comes close to the Choral Vespers. It's music for which the words "spell-binding" might have been invented.

cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ June 06 2005,18:18)]Athlete - Tourist.  Haven't warmed to it quite as much as Vehicles & Animals yet, but we'll see.
Ah yeah, forgot about that. It's really grown on me actually.

I've actually been good and pre ordered the new Foos album, and if 'Best Of You' is anything to go by, then it should be great! I'll be interested to see what the acoustic CD is like after your comments pboreham, though. I saw Dave Grohl perform 'Razor' on Jools Holland's show the other day and I'd say it was something that might grow on you the more you hear it.

Coldplay (at home) x & y, superb album.

New one from Oasis (in the car), takes a few listens but quite good.

Got the tears on the way too, cant wait till it gets delivered!
Should have been here today
sad.gif

I see KT Tunstall live ages ago, very good and her album is superb!

Can't believe none of the usual indie suspects on here have mentioned The Duke Spirit album, Cuts Across The Land. One of the best debut's I've heard in ages, and certainly the type of music that I wanted all the girl fronted bands of the Britpop Mid 90s era (Echobelly, Salad, Sleeper et al) to evolve into.

Just got the latest British Sea Power album for my birthday so getting into that now, Engineers is quality as is Doves. Hal is pretty good too, picked it up for less than £8 in Tesco's!!!

I'm still loving Antics by Interpol from last year & for some reason, "getting them" has made me seek out the devine works of Joy Division (just also finished the biography by Ian C's widow), he was an amazing talent who knew he had to die young to achieve immortality.

Back