• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

They milked it drier than the driest place on Earth on a rather hot day. The funniest thing since Python was Blackadder (well 2 - 4), The Fast Show, Father Ted, The Young Ones, most Vic & Bob stuff.......loads in fact (just not anything with David sodding Jason in).

Hate to say it my lefty friend, but I agree. I'd add Spaced and Black books too, plus although I don't enjoy it, I can see that Peep show is good too.

Alas, Little Britain keeps running out the same old jokes time after time. I haven't got much experience of Python but what I have seen has been both funny and original.

Don't get me wrong, I like Walliams (not a fan of Lucas much though) but Little Britain just annoys the hell out of me.

IMO, Little Britain is the funniest thing that's been on UK TV since Monty Python.

I thought Little Britain was excellent in the early days (the radio stuff in particular), but as the series went on they seemed to run out of ideas and just focus on poo and sick gags. I'll have a chat with my four year old cousin if that's what I'm looking for.

I had quite high hopes of Come Fly With Me as maybe a fresh start would be good for them but I wasn't too impressed. Many of the punchlines you could see coming from miles away and Lucas' West Indian accent (the coffee shop lady) was terrible, even if her character was quite funny.

EDIT - just seen this story featured on Sky News. Really? And while we're here, what number do you call when you want to complain about a show on the telly?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...BC-spoof-Come-Fly-With-Me-accused-racism.html

Not sure James, didn't see it so can't comment. If it was on the Beeb then you'd complain to them I guess.

Not sure if it's been mentioned but got round to watching The Royle Family last night, which I thought was excellent. Usual mix of comedy and pathos, but some brilliant support from Cheryl and her dad, Joe.

Not sure James, didn't see it so can't comment. If it was on the Beeb then you'd complain to them I guess.

Not sure if it's been mentioned but got round to watching The Royle Family last night, which I thought was excellent. Usual mix of comedy and pathos, but some brilliant support from Cheryl and her dad, Joe.

Likewise, saw the Royle Family last night (in the gap between the afternoon and evening sessions of the darts) and whilst I thought it was a touch long I did enjoy it.

Watched the Charlie Brooker 2010 Wipe last night. Needed to be 30 minutes longer and ended up quite rushed through, I thought.

Another very fine 30 for 30 this afternoon, about Martina Navratilova and Chris Evert. They played each other 80 times, 14 of which were Grand Slam finals and each pushed the other on to become a better player. They've been best friends for decades, which was something I never realised.

In terms of individual competitors, a contender for sport's greatest rivalry?

Upstairs,downstairs

Just seen episode 3 and I was quite impressed.The original didn't too that much for me but I thought this version was well grounded in historical/political facts and the social/class differences of the time were quite well observed too.
Pip,pip!

Back