• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

Another very fine 30 for 30 this afternoon, about Martina Navratilova and Chris Evert. They played each other 80 times, 14 of which were Grand Slam finals and each pushed the other on to become a better player. They've been best friends for decades, which was something I never realised.

In terms of individual competitors, a contender for sport's greatest rivalry?

Though they only had three encounters, to grow up watching the Ali-Frazier battles was ... "Hey man, that's something else ..." :reporter: :punch: :dizzy:

Though they only had three encounters, to grow up watching the Ali-Frazier battles was ... "Hey man, that's something else ..." :reporter: :punch: :dizzy:

Oh definitely. Not sure there's enough ammo here for a 'Battle of the Sporting Rivalries' but maybe a thread in the sports forum...

The Royal Institution lectures. Fascinating stuff, although I always think that the majority of the little darlings have been dragged there by their oh-so middle class parents when they'd rather be playing on their consoles.

Shooting Stars - fantastic and definitely the funniest thing this Christmas. And it's been pretty much the same since the mid-90's which goes a long way to explain the current state of comedy of TV. Or I'm getting old.....

Shooting stars didnt raise a single laugh in our house and that include the kids that like to laugh a stupid things,shame really.
Watched all 7 episodes of a reality mormon thing about a bloke with 4 wifes,such a unreal way to live but the wife loved it because the bloke was such a Melt.

Fallen asleep in Upstairs Downstairs three days in a row - Mrs C liked it - the programme - not me sleeping/snoring :winking:

Wish I still had the Cardiff soundtrack! :smile:

Finally got around to seeing 'The Likely Lads' Xmas special (from '74) repeat the other night and was reminded of the nice little sub-text about class that was going on in those story-lines. Great to see the early seventies stuff back on telly again .... I think I belong there, you know. :clap:

Wish I still had the Cardiff soundtrack! :smile:

Finally got around to seeing 'The Likely Lads' Xmas special (from '74) repeat the other night and was reminded of the nice little sub-text about class that was going on in those story-lines. Great to see the early seventies stuff back on telly again .... I think I belong there, you know. :clap:

With your feathered barnet, dodgy Lionels and tank tops you never left mate. :smiles:

Started watching the Imagine special on Ray Davies from the other night, really good documentary, looking at history of The Kinks and the songs then linking them up to his current album and how they influenced the people he recorded with. Put me in the mood for some Kinks!

Drat and double-drat! Would have loved to have seen this - how great some of those songs are. :thumbsup:

With your feathered barnet, dodgy Lionels and tank tops you never left mate. :smiles:

Thanks mate - I like to think my tank-top cardigan in particular is one of the greatest items of clothing ever seen in Penzance. :cool: In fact, I might just treat my fellow Penzantians to it when I do my rounds of the boozers this afternoon ... :party:

Thanks mate - I like to think my tank-top cardigan in particular is one of the greatest items of clothing ever seen in Penzance. :cool: In fact, I might just treat my fellow Penzantians to it when I do my rounds of the boozers this afternoon ... :party:

:hilarious: That's quite a pub crawl mate, and a most enjoyable one. Let's have a photo of said tank top please.

:hilarious: That's quite a pub crawl mate, and a most enjoyable one. Let's have a photo of said tank top please.

Will do mate - will try to get Mrs S to use her new phone-camera fangle dangle thingy for it later. SZ, you lucky people ... what a treat you have in store. :smiles:

Did anyone watch (or try to) Zen on BBC2 last night. The fact that it's set in Rome and all the male characters (save Rufus Sewell) sounded like they were from deepest Yorkshire utterly killed it. Why not employ Italian actors speaking English? Stupid BBC.

Did anyone else see the Eric and Ernie drama with Victoria Wood? If not, watch it on iPlayer. One of the best things I've seen on TV for a long time.

Back