• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

Watched Fake or Fortune last night - really enjoy that programme and how they investigate an item.

What does tick me off though and not just with this programme but with pretty much everything that comes on now - is the dreaded "Coming up on tonight's programme......."
FFS, talk about spoilers before the prog even starts...... :Scared:

Just seen Chadwick Boseman make a cameo in Justified, a nice surprise. Season 2 is really picking up and loving it.

Season 2 of US Lego Masters is really raising the bar of what is possible with Lego, and Will Arnett is a fantastic host. Great stuff.

White House Farm was dull.
now watching Clickbait on Netflix which is decent enough to keep watching even if it is full of cliches and red herrings

Vigil - BBC1. First episode last night, on again tonight at 9pm. Crime drama set on board a Navy nuclear submarine. Made by the same people that gave us Line of Duty. I'm ready for episode 2, the first one drew me in nicely.

Deceit on channel 4. A true story regarding the investigation of a murder on Wimbledon common before my time. A very good watch.

Deceit on channel 4. A true story regarding the investigation of a murder on Wimbledon common before my time. A very good watch.

Was this the one done by Robert Napper and how the police literally had him and fumbled it?

I geeked out on old crimewatch episodes and british serial killers a while back, Robert Napper was a horrendous individual. His style was always motiveless and as barbaric as it gets. He was known as a 'Blitz' killer.

In the link below is a classic crimewtatch ep from 1993 which features the reconstruction of the murder of Jean Bradley. (Heavily believed to be a Robert Napper killing but never confirmed)

If you take the time to watch it, just wait till you see the artists impression and description of the suspect....Also, another example of how under their nose he was as well in there.

*EDIT* - just remembered, the carpenter who chased the suspect in this reconstruction actually went on a TV documentary couple years back and was shown a picture of Robert Napper. Literally went white in the face and said it was most probably Napper who he chased.

Last edited:
Was this the one done by Robert Napper and how the police literally had him and fumbled it?

I geeked out on old crimewatch episodes and british serial killers a while back, Robert Napper was a horrendous individual. His style was always motiveless and as barbaric as it gets. He was known as a 'Blitz' killer.

In the link below is a classic crimewtatch ep from 1993 which features the reconstruction of the murder of Jean Bradley. (Heavily believed to be a Robert Napper killing but never confirmed)

If you take the time to watch it, just wait till you see the artists impression and description of the suspect....Also, another example of how under their nose he was as well in there.

*EDIT* - just remembered, the carpenter who chased the suspect in this reconstruction actually went on a TV documentary couple years back and was shown a picture of Robert Napper. Literally went white in the face and said it was most probably Napper who he chased.
It was yes. But it was a drama more based on the undercover operation that saw the police stitch up the wrong guy at first.

Just to reiterate he is not a relative.

Power book 3 - raising Kanan.

I've liked all the power franchise and spin offs but a lot of it has been cheesy and easy to digest. Raising kanan is pretty gritty and real though, plus it has much better acting than the others. I think I like the fact it is set in the 80s in Jamaica, Queens as well. Feel like I know so many of the places and references from listening to a tribe called quest for so many years. The soundtrack of 80s hip hop is amazing and I really famy patina Miller who plays kanans mum.

Question of Sport

Oh dear, what have the beeb done?

Completely ruined a great sport show by getting rid of the two team leaders Matt Dawson and Phil Tufnell, and most importantly the host Sue Barker.

What a poor choice Paddy McGuinness is as host, he knows nothing about sport, it was bad enough when he joined Top Gear but this is even worse.

New Zealand's version of Taskmaster, the Taskmaster himself isn't as good as Greg Davies (although I prefer the assistant to Alex Horne) but the tasks and contestants themselves are great, NZ's Series 2 is better than most of the UK series have been.

Back