• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

Question of Sport

Oh dear, what have the beeb done?

Completely ruined a great sport show by getting rid of the two team leaders Matt Dawson and Phil Tufnell, and most importantly the host Sue Barker.

What a poor choice Paddy McGuinness is as host, he knows nothing about sport, it was bad enough when he joined Top Gear but this is even worse.
Phil Tufnell and Matt Dawson were a pair of insufferable ****s.

Question of Sport

Oh dear, what have the beeb done?

Completely ruined a great sport show by getting rid of the two team leaders Matt Dawson and Phil Tufnell, and most importantly the host Sue Barker.

What a poor choice Paddy McGuinness is as host, he knows nothing about sport, it was bad enough when he joined Top Gear but this is even worse.
I stopped watching years ago because I couldn't stand Dawson or Barker.

Parrott and McCoist were my favourite as captains but you still had to put up with Barker. So Coleman, Beaumont and Beefy was the best era for me

Four Weddings and a Funeral - Amazon Prime. The 10 part series, not the film! Written and produced by Richard Curtis. Typical Curtis scripts and characters and very watchable. I tried hard not to like it as my wife reckoned it was one for the girls but I had to admit I really enjoyed it in the end.

The Keeper, on Netflix-interesting storyline but the footie action kept to a minimum. I think the film makers realised that trying to make the action authentic usually ends up looking laughable.

I find the Bamber case fascinating.

Did the documentary have an opinion on
I find it very investing too.There was a lady who has researched a lot and is convinced he is innocent then there is a ex Tory MP and another former police officer who also believe he is innocent.Then there was a few who are adamant he is guilty.Im not sure myself read a few books on this.Whats your opinion?

New Jeremy Bamber documentary on Sky interesting watch

Yes, I binge watched it all yesterday afternoon while ironing and doing dinner. Don't know why the case fascinates me so much, whether it's because it's so local, so horrible or what it is.
I find the Bamber case fascinating.

Did the documentary have an opinion on his guilt?

Me too. Various of the people featured in it certainly did. What I hadn't realised was that Louis Theroux was one of the executive producers, but didn't actually feature himself in the programme.

There was one theory that he'd ridden a bike along the sea wall in a wet suit, which later disappeared, to perpetrate the crime, as he'd have been pretty unnoticed and the farm has a boundary with the sea wall, so probably a route he'd know well. The wet suit would have protected him from blood spatters and is probably easier to destroy. I hadn't heard that theory before.

I find it very investing too.There was a lady who has researched a lot and is convinced he is innocent then there is a ex Tory MP and another former police officer who also believe he is innocent.Then there was a few who are adamant he is guilty.Im not sure myself read a few books on this.Whats your opinion?
My opinion is that it is a dodgy conviction but also that I am not necessarily convinced of his innocence.

Reactions: tia
My opinion is that it is a dodgy conviction but also that I am not necessarily convinced of his innocence.
Yeah I agree there.I think he may have done it but his conviction is dodgy.I don't trust some members of Bambers family

Back