• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

Have to see the EastEnders denouement of the Gray Atkins storylines have been fantastic so far this week. Top marks to all concerned.

Crufts 2022, not much of it as coverage is ****, Balding is awful and it seems al about charity, sad stories, dog games. Only small snippets of breed showing and very little on rarer breeds..Poor Ch4.

Crufts 2022, not much of it as coverage is ****, Balding is awful and it seems al about charity, sad stories, dog games. Only small snippets of breed showing and very little on rarer breeds..Poor Ch4.
It was the best of a poor choice yesterday evening though, shocking TV on a Friday evening, especially as I was up to date with my recordings!

Saw some interesting music stuff on BBC 4 last night.Harry Belafonte and John Denver .Can't say I ever liked his stuff much apart from Country Roads.Must be getting old.:Smile:

(Though what passes for folk music these days on some of the later shows doesn't do anything for me).

Saw some interesting music stuff on BBC 4 last night.Harry Belafonte and John Denver .Can't say I ever liked his stuff much apart from Country Roads.Must be getting old.:Smile:

(Though what passes for folk music these days on some of the later shows doesn't do anything for me).
Don`t really think any of that stuff is counted as folk unless you are a BBC hipster - more alt country to me

I watched the final last night and was rooting for the Greyhound and Irish Terrier. Neither got placed, but instead the Poodle (which looked like a badly blown balloon animal) got reserve. Why do people like those dogs?

The winner was a nice dog, but my fave was the Grey…..

Agree, Balding is terrible.

Toto Wolff throwing his toys out of the pram again in the final episode of the latest season of Drive to Survive. Excellent viewing! A very good season.

I understand they were going to focus more on RedBull and Mercedes. However, it would’ve been nice to have more on the other teams.

Working through series 6 of The last Kingdom. Uhtred of Bebbanburg rides again and very good it is too. Based on Bernard Cornwall books for those that didn't know.

Working through series 6 of The last Kingdom. Uhtred of Bebbanburg rides again and very good it is too. Based on Bernard Cornwall books for those that didn't know.
Think you mean Series 5 of The Last Kingdom (which I am currently watching), they have not and will not be making Series 6 even though there are 3 more books by author Bernard Cornwell.

However there is a new full feature film in development called "Seven Kings Must Die".

A lot more info about it here.
Link

Think you mean Series 5 of The Last Kingdom (which I am currently watching), they have not and will not be making Series 6 even though there are 3 more books by author Bernard Cornwell.

However there is a new full feature film in development called "Seven Kings Must Die".

A lot more info about it here.
Link
You're absolutely right, it is season 5. The trouble is when you're into the last Peaky Blinders as well, which is season 6, then all seasons seem the same!!

The dropout on Disney. Story of Theranos, very entertaining and an incredible story. How they hell was she able to dupe so many investors!

Did you also know that… Bernard Cornwall grew up in Thundersley. Raised by a religious group calling themselves the Peculiar People, who were Christian Fundamentalists. Some of his family (Wiggins) are buried in the church in Hadleigh.

Lots of strange stuff used to go on around this way some years ago.

I've never watched 'The Last Kingdom' but love Vikings etc. Would you recommend it? For some reason, something is putting me off watching it, I don't know what.

I watched the final last night and was rooting for the Greyhound and Irish Terrier. Neither got placed, but instead the Poodle (which looked like a badly blown balloon animal) got reserve. Why do people like those dogs?

The winner was a nice dog, but my fave was the Grey…..

Agree, Balding is terrible.
I was rooting for the border collie who was gorgeous! Such crisp distinction between her coat colours. I loved the winner - the flat coated retriever, who seemed such a happy dog, and the greyhound too - also don't get the need to effectively caricature the toy poodle!

Anyone else watch the "expose" on Jeremy Kyle? Wow!

The dropout on Disney. Story of Theranos, very entertaining and an incredible story. How they hell was she able to dupe so many investors!
I've not watched that, but saw the 60 minutes documentary, and another one on it. Almost the greatest scam in the World. That fake deep voice, Lol. She actually made it to a Billionaire when caught out.

Back