• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

The Thief, His Wife & The Canoe 4 part drama on ITV. Dramatization of the faking of the death of John Darwin, and subsequent cover up by him and his wife Anne. Have watched the first two episodes, the rest will have to wait till after holiday!

Remember the story quite well though it's 20 years ago - and was surprised that the drama is being made while both parties are still alive.

Great drama of the events, showing what a narcissistic little man John Darwin was, and how the two of them lied to their sons. Very well portrayed by Eddie Marsan and Monica Dolan as John and Anne.

The Thief, His Wife & The Canoe 4 part drama on ITV. Dramatization of the faking of the death of John Darwin, and subsequent cover up by him and his wife Anne. Have watched the first two episodes, the rest will have to wait till after holiday!

Remember the story quite well though it's 20 years ago - and was surprised that the drama is being made while both parties are still alive.

Great drama of the events, showing what a narcissistic little man John Darwin was, and how the two of them lied to their sons. Very well portrayed by Eddie Marsan and Monica Dolan as John and Anne.
I love Eddie Marsan ! Great actor!! Funny guy too…

The wim HOF freeze thd fear. Biggest load of contrived poop. So far in two hours of tv they've jumped in a frozen lake and had a 15 second cold shower. I've gotten colder watching southend. It's a shame because a program with the ice man could've have been good.

The Thief, His Wife and The Canoe ---- (Eddie Marsan is one of our finest actors along with Stephen Graham).

Here is a trailer from "Boiling Point" It is now on Netflix or it can be rented via Youtube.

Enjoyed all 3 programmes on Queen on BBC4 last night and in the early hours.Sad to think it's been 30 years since Freddie Mercury passed.
Sadder still that we can both remember very clearly when Freddie and Queen first burst onto the music scene. Sad also because I can remember clearly, whereas yesterday's dinner offering sometimes slips my mind.:Sad:

Sadder still that we can both remember very clearly when Freddie and Queen first burst onto the music scene. Sad also because I can remember clearly, whereas yesterday's dinner offering sometimes slips my mind.:Sad:

Indeed. Can't say I was ever too much of a fan but I was happy that I bought tickets for my wife and I (as well as 2 mates of hers) back in my first spell in Barna (78-80). The concert was much better than the 75 Hammy Odeon show featured on the box.

Last edited:
Season 1 and 2 of The Bay are very good, season 3 not so good.

As I've only read one book by Peter James (not one of the Grace séries). I was looking forward to the New séries of 'Grace' (ITV Sunday) that is set in my old haunt of Brighton. Found It disappointing with a poor, unbelievable storyline and nor am I convinced by John Simm in the leading rôle.

I love Eddie Marsan ! Great actor!! Funny guy too…

Yes, I loved him in the series Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell. There was also a mini-séries I'm sure he was involved with a few years ago, with undertones of anti-semitism, where he ran a small firm and was coerced into spying. Can't remember the name....... It's come back! Ridley Road

Last edited:
Back