• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

Just finished Once Upon A Time In Northern Ireland. Probably one of the best documentaries I've ever watched. Very well made and tells the story from all sides. Highly recommend.
That's on my to watch list.

Something from the archives, think it's about 10 years old now, but on Netflix, Don't f**k with cats. Horrifying, how a serial killer generally starts off by messing with animals before moving on to humans, but very interesting.

Just finished Once Upon A Time In Northern Ireland. Probably one of the best documentaries I've ever watched. Very well made and tells the story from all sides. Highly recommend.

It was a fantastic series but it is clear that all that resentment and hatred still lurks just below the surface.

That said the guy who was blinded by the rubber bullet was quite amazing. Maybe there is hope.

Last edited:
Who Do You Think You Are last night - Kevin Clifton, who was always one of my favourites of the Strictly Pros. Turns out he wasn't just Kevin from Grimsby, as family legend had it, but was confirmed as being descended from the indigenous people of Canada.

Wonderful documentary on Denis Law on Sky called "The Law" different game them days but a well put documentary and at 83 how does he have so much hair
Love the story of when him and Ian Ure getting 6 week ban for being sent off for fighting .
Worth 90 minutes of anyone's time

I gave up on it too, so couldn't tell you. Had the same opinion as you
The problem with TV at the moment is that, especially for the drama/action/thriller genre, "slow burn" is very much in vogue.......to the point of overuse and over-reliance. Sometimes you manage to power through and stick with something and it pays off......other times not.

Watched Elton at Glastonbury last night - absolutely loved it though a bit disappointed in his guest performers. Brandon Flowers apart, the other three were instantly forgettable.
Totally agree ,not a fan of EJ but put on a good set, Favourite set Rick Astley and Blossom singing the Smiths songs, really enjoyed it in a weird way
Thought Pretenders outstanding as well as Flo
Cat Stevens incredible still and not lost his voice

Black Mirror - mixed bag. Joan is Awful probably the pick for me. The Scottish one is good as well.
The one where they were in space left me thoroughly depressed. Thought it was actually really good but very sad so I agree with you Joan is awful was very good and the others quite disappointing.

The issue I had with the space one was it was just too obvious where it was going,
See I'd like to think I'm quite good at predicting the end but I didn't actually see that ending coming until right towards the end. I was thinking something slightly in the ball park but the ending did still shock me.

That Peter Crouch Film on Amazon Prime.

Quite a good documentary and shows how he was up against it to become a footballer because of his height and how the fans and sports commentators perceived.

That Peter Crouch Film on Amazon Prime.

Quite a good documentary and shows how he was up against it to become a footballer because of his height and how the fans and sports commentators perceived.
I enjoyed it and crouch always comes across as a top bloke. I spoke to my mate Robbie Edmans about it, he's a 6ft 8 former striker who has played in the football league and was always compared to crouch. He thought that the narrative that he suffered because of his height a bit thick and that his talent was recognised. He was at spurs as a kid so all the home video of him looking awkward and losing the ball was painting a picture that didn't exist. It was almost a reverse of those skills videos where average players pick out the few good clips of them to paint a picture they are too players.

The Bay City Rollers programme the other night, presented by Nicky Campbell. Horrific. Their manager, Tam Paton, clearly in cahoots with Jimmy Savile.

Back