• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Well done on the kids getting the results, why would I have a problem with that? It's the shoddy journalism I'm having a go at. As far as I'm aware, you don't have to be a pretty white girl to take A-Levels, it's open to all.

Why do you have to bring colour into everything, do you secretly wish you were black or something?

Not really hacking but I've been dealing with an American tech company in regards to visualising data, and they're obviously young, excitable and energetic even when we're having a teleconference at 3pm UK time and it's the early morning in the WC US.

Everything is "smash it out of the park", "cool beans" and "awesome".

Not really hacking but I've been dealing with an American tech company in regards to visualising data, and they're obviously young, excitable and energetic even when we're having a teleconference at 3pm UK time and it's the early morning in the WC US.

Everything is "smash it out of the park", "cool beans" and "awesome".

Perhaps you would prefer to be paying them for write a stream of consciousness on Web forums?

Interview for a contract position this afternoon.

I used to work there and my ex-manager recommended me so the interview seems unnecessary...

Ben Stokes walking straight back into the England team at the expense of young Curran. Surely Butler was the one to make way at least:Angry:

Literally just said this in the office! Curran won us the test at Edgebaston!!

That was Stokes taking 4 wickets, including Kohli when India chased 200 in the 4th innings. Curran played his part in the first innings but does anyone actually believe Curran, as promising as he is, is a better batsman, bowler or fielder than Stokes?

That was Stokes taking 4 wickets, including Kohli when India chased 200 in the 4th innings. Curran played his part in the first innings but does anyone actually believe Curran, as promising as he is, is a better batsman, bowler or fielder than Stokes?

No, Didn't say that either, my argument was Curran doesn't deserve to be dropped, I would of rather Seen Jos Buttler dropped, Being dropped after playing such a role in the previous 2 tests will do nothing for Curran's confidence IMO, I would of liked to of seen more or Curran and Pope over these remaining 3 tests as its quite clear the series is ours, so why not bring some of the youth through and build there confidence on the big stage...

My only argument against Stokes although I don't support it fully would be the one made by Simon Hughes on 5 live the other day, Stokes shouldn't just walk straight back in due to the level of violence and drinking shown in the footage of the night of his arrest.

No, Didn't say that either, my argument was Curran doesn't deserve to be dropped, I would of rather Seen Jos Buttler dropped, Being dropped after playing such a role in the previous 2 tests will do nothing for Curran's confidence IMO, I would of liked to of seen more or Curran and Pope over these remaining 3 tests as its quite clear the series is ours, so why not bring some of the youth through and build there confidence on the big stage...

My only argument against Stokes although I don't support it fully would be the one made by Simon Hughes on 5 live the other day, Stokes shouldn't just walk straight back in due to the level of violence and drinking shown in the footage of the night of his arrest.

Stokes has already been suspended for the biggest series in his career for an offence he was later found not guilty of.

Pope will play in the next test whilst Curran will know that he needs to continue to develop to be a better player than Stokes in order to get back into the side.

Curran's stock will rise more out the side so this is probably fortunate for him as I think his bowling would have been exposed at the test level in the short term. He's still a fantastic prospect but I think people are more falling in love with the potential than the current (no pun intended) reality.

Kind of disappointed that I didn't get the contract position I interviewed for but it was purely about the money and not career advancing so not devastated.

Found a rental property for the short term that we want, now just need to get to the point of exchange - which, with a crappy internet agent in the middle, isn't being as easy as we thought. We're ready at the top, the bottom is ready too but the two in the middle are being the proverbial pain in the arse!

Anyone who honestly believes internet agents are good needs their heads testing. Impossible to get through to to discuss cases with, don't know answers when you eventually manage to get through, and don't do the job they're supposed to. Plus they also invariably use Premier Property Lawyers who are also crap! We've lost two sales at work in the last week entirely down to the fact that that the internet agent concerned didn't do their job.

Premier league sides with no British players in them. Spurs have proved that you can compete with UK players in the side, yesterday they had 5 with 2 on the bench. It just seems so wrong. Not a new whinge, I know.

Some of the Twitter comments about Josh Wright, actually quite sad when we're trying to invite ex players into SUEPA.

Some of the Twitter comments about Josh Wright, actually quite sad when we're trying to invite ex players into SUEPA.

I counter that.

People who are whinging about others who don’t happen to think Josh Wright doesn’t deserve any sort of respects (for a better word). The guy is up there with the worst player I’ve ever seen at Roots Hall and how he has managed to bag himself a captain armband is beyond me. His comments after he left us has left a bad taste in a lot of blues mouths.

Back