• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

An MRI scan on my pelvic region. 45 minutes in a very snug tube with the nerve endings in my hip, thigh and shin areas screaming 'make it stop'. At least I may now know why my leg decides to scream and stop working after 10 metres of walking.

My daughter wants to go and see Panic at the Disco who are touring next year. Tickets for the O2 are £86 upwards and muggings has to be there because of her age. That's £172 before we start, so with trains, grub and the rest of it, I'm looking at a £250 night out.

Then I notice them playing in Antwerp. Ticket prices €38.50, about £35. It will be cheaper to go to Belguim than a hour up the road!! So Belguim it is, ****ed if I'm being ripped off at the O2.

My daughter wants to go and see Panic at the Disco who are touring next year. Tickets for the O2 are £86 upwards and muggings has to be there because of her age. That's £172 before we start, so with trains, grub and the rest of it, I'm looking at a £250 night out.

Then I notice them playing in Antwerp. Ticket prices €38.50, about £35. It will be cheaper to go to Belguim than a hour up the road!! So Belguim it is, ****ed if I'm being ripped off at the O2.

There you go, £57 return on the Euro Tunnel, £72 for the tickets and about £50 petrol. A little bit of hardship has saved me £70 over the day. Think I'll celebrate with a bucket of mussells while I'm over there.

There you go, £57 return on the Euro Tunnel, £72 for the tickets and about £50 petrol. A little bit of hardship has saved me £70 over the day. Think I'll celebrate with a bucket of mussells while I'm over there.
And best of all, you don't have to mix with the kind of ****wits that you get at gigs in London!!:Highfive:

Tell you what Benfleet, you make me feel so glad that all of our freeloaders left the nest ages ago, although we still get the occasional 'help' phone/text/email messages. Greeat that you were able to say a wodge of dosh, disgusting the events in the UK are so pricey.

Tell you what Benfleet, you make me feel so glad that all of our freeloaders left the nest ages ago, although we still get the occasional 'help' phone/text/email messages. Greeat that you were able to say a wodge of dosh, disgusting the events in the UK are so pricey.

Tell me about it, I treated myself to a new pair of trainers and jeans yesterday for the first time in years, the rest goes on the kids and bills.

Roll on death ?

You can Flybe Southend - Antwerp, although they fly every other day. But you can also do Antwerp really easily from Schipol Amsterdam. Its about an hour on the train. If you don't mind a sleepness night, you can probably do the whole journey for less than £60 a person return.

You can Flybe Southend - Antwerp, although they fly every other day. But you can also do Antwerp really easily from Schipol Amsterdam. Its about an hour on the train. If you don't mind a sleepness night, you can probably do the whole journey for less than £60 a person return.

Yeah, I was thinking about the Amsterdam route. Worked it out that we can get the 2am train back from Calais and be tucked up in bed by about 3am UK time but thanks for the tip, might use that route on one of my beer/football excusions. I think Antwerp has a team but not a problem when it comes to Belguim beer. ?

Yeah, I was thinking about the Amsterdam route. Worked it out that we can get the 2am train back from Calais and be tucked up in bed by about 3am UK time but thanks for the tip, might use that route on one of my beer/football excusions. I think Antwerp has a team but not a problem when it comes to Belguim beer. ?

Royal Antwerp is the team. SK Lierse was also from that part of the world, but they went belly up last season.

I work in Brussels every so often (which explains some of my posts in other threads) and avoid Eurostar at all costs whenever I can. Amsterdam to Brussels Midi, stopping at Rotterdam and Antwerp, lovely route, reliable and relatively cheap. Recommend it.

Royal Antwerp is the team. SK Lierse was also from that part of the world, but they went belly up last season.

I work in Brussels every so often (which explains some of my posts in other threads) and avoid Eurostar at all costs whenever I can. Amsterdam to Brussels Midi, stopping at Rotterdam and Antwerp, lovely route, reliable and relatively cheap. Recommend it.

Why avoid Eurostar?

I haven't done it that often but there's no worrying about no liquids/having to check in luggage, no worrying about getting to/from the airport, no worrying about air traffic control problems or your flight being unable to take off because the plane is still in Slovenia. I can't remember my last budget airline flight that wasn't delayed!

Why avoid Eurostar?

I haven't done it that often but there's no worrying about no liquids/having to check in luggage, no worrying about getting to/from the airport, no worrying about air traffic control problems or your flight being unable to take off because the plane is still in Slovenia. I can't remember my last budget airline flight that wasn't delayed!

The security checks at both Southend and Amsterdam are way easier and quicker than at Brussels Midi (which is a painfully slow experience, not helped by the rudest staff in Europe).

I've never had a delay doing SEN - AMS on Easyjet, but had plenty on Eurostar thanks to people on the tracks, Belgian Customs doing extra checks, broken down train, UK Customs doing security checks, safety issue with the tunnel... plus I've never had 20 pre school German kids screaming on a plane. That was a fun, fun journey....

....but the main thing is, I have to travel on the last Eurostar out of Brussels, and I find it a bit demoralising getting off the train with a 90 minute train journey back to Southend in front of me. On the plane, I can be in my living 15 minutes after touching down.

I got a 23andMe DNA testing kit for my birthday, which I did the same day and sent off quicksmart. It's only just been delivered and now it's been "Extracting my DNA" for a week. Christ, it's sloooooooowwwwwwwwwwww.

I got a 23andMe DNA testing kit for my birthday, which I did the same day and sent off quicksmart. It's only just been delivered and now it's been "Extracting my DNA" for a week. Christ, it's sloooooooowwwwwwwwwwww.
It's knows you work for Network Rail.

Mate of mine regulary preferred watching U2 in Paris because it wa
The security checks at both Southend and Amsterdam are way easier and quicker than at Brussels Midi (which is a painfully slow experience, not helped by the rudest staff in Europe).

I've never had a delay doing SEN - AMS on Easyjet, but had plenty on Eurostar thanks to people on the tracks, Belgian Customs doing extra checks, broken down train, UK Customs doing security checks, safety issue with the tunnel... plus I've never had 20 pre school German kids screaming on a plane. That was a fun, fun journey....

....but the main thing is, I have to travel on the last Eurostar out of Brussels, and I find it a bit demoralising getting off the train with a 90 minute train journey back to Southend in front of me. On the plane, I can be in my living 15 minutes after touching down.

Love Eurostar, Ebbsfleet is an excellent terminal as is Lille.

Mate of mine regulary preferred watching U2 in Paris because it wa

Love Eurostar, Ebbsfleet is an excellent terminal as is Lille.

Yeah but you live that way. When I went to Paris last year, I had to get a cheap hotel near St. Pancras for the night which was cheaper than getting a train MK-London at 6am to make the connection.

Not hacking but upsetting for me. Have had to put my bike up for sale and someone is coming to collect it today. :Frustrated:

Living in London it's the opposite for me, but it's about the same distance back from St Pancras as London City Airport and I'd choose Eurostar over City every time. And let's not get started on Stansted let alone Luton....

Back