• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

This should be in the 'What's making you happy' thread.

If they weren't too busy screwing around with databases and messing everything up they may find time to monitor staff online activity.......................:Cry:

Do you pay my wages?

If you knew anything about database (which it's looking like you don't) then you realise some queries & stored procedures take time to run. There's not a lot to do while I'm waiting for the data, hence why I come on here, but why I feel the need to explain myself to you or anyone else is beyond me.

Do you pay my wages?

If you knew anything about database (which it's looking like you don't) then you realise some queries & stored procedures take time to run. There's not a lot to do while I'm waiting for the data, hence why I come on here, but why I feel the need to explain myself to you or anyone else is beyond me.

No I don't, and don't care to thanks, Seems like this must happen on a semi permanent basis then.

Get out the wrong side of bed did we?

No I don't, and don't care to thanks, Seems like this must happen on a semi permanent basis then.

Get out the wrong side of bed did we?

No, my ****ing IT department being absolutely **** is ****ing me off. :Angry::Angry::Angry::Angry:

Do you pay my wages?

I work in the Big Data space and know about databases and stored procedures. When my jobs take too long to run I spend my time optimizing them to make them run quicker....

I work in the Big Data space and know about databases and stored procedures. When my jobs take too long to run I spend my time optimizing them to make them run quicker....

You're probably using better tech than NR. We're got slow servers, no connection to the Cloud or Azure and I'm running SSMS 2014. We're (as usual) years behind the curve. We've only just started looking into big data.

You're probably using better tech than NR. We're got slow servers, no connection to the Cloud or Azure and I'm running SSMS 2014. We're (as usual) years behind the curve. We've only just started looking into big data.

You can't solve every problem by throwing hardware at it. Choice of algorithm is generally the #1 factor...Databases will try and optimise queries but they are not magic.

I was rooting through my sons trick or treat sweets and there two own brand chocolate bars. I also found a Trio which I am convinced havent been made for about 25 years.

Overuse of expressions or words;

For example why does every other person I speak to use the term “to be fair...” all the time

Before the word “Really...” was far commonly used, before that it was “Absolutely”

Where and why do these expressions and words, used often out of context all of a sudden become common in everyday language.

Irritates me!

Overuse of expressions or words;

For example why does every other person I speak to use the term “to be fair...” all the time

Before the word “Really...” was far commonly used, before that it was “Absolutely”

Where and why do these expressions and words, used often out of context all of a sudden become common in everyday language.

Irritates me!

I literally have no idea

Football Factory - The best Bits was in my recommended list on YouTube.

It's like they don't know me at all.

What was actually deleted?

If it is code it will be in configuration management- right?

If you don't use configuration management then I am never getting on a train again.

Why don't you find out what football teams the NR IT helpdesk support and post your question there?

Manchester City or United I'd imagine, as that's where they're based. Panic over, they've emailed, apologised, and are sending over the queries so perhaps they are reading this (hi Angela).........:Winking2:

Manchester City or United I'd imagine, as that's where they're based. Panic over, they've emailed, apologised, and are sending over the queries.

But don't you have access to the place they are stored? If you just leave stuff on the filesystem you are asking for trouble.

But don't you have access to the place they are stored? If you just leave stuff on the filesystem you are asking for trouble.

I did, but they updated the system. It's a SAP front end to an Oracle Database and the original ODBs are very difficult to query as the source tables are very, very messy. We could probably use your expertise!

Back