• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I'm cold. I have no jumper and I'm sure there's an open window somewhere, but I'm fugged it I can find it. :Angry:

Planning permission on green belt?
Just had pre planning meeting with Chelmsford council and been turned down for an extension on our dream house that we were hoping to buy.
All houses down the road are unique, and our plans would have meant the house was still a lot smaller than our neighbors both sides and across the road, and only about 2200 square feet in total so not remotely huge. it has a significant plot, (230 ft road frontage, 6 acres inc our own woods.so it wouldn’t look out of place,

Gutted is an understatement . My wife has loved this house for 20 years and every time we drive past has said “ if that ever came up for sale.....”

Planning permission on green belt?
Just had pre planning meeting with Chelmsford council and been turned down for an extension on our dream house that we were hoping to buy.
All houses down the road are unique, and our plans would have meant the house was still a lot smaller than our neighbors both sides and across the road, and only about 2200 square feet in total so not remotely huge. it has a significant plot, (230 ft road frontage, 6 acres inc our own woods.so it wouldn’t look out of place,

Gutted is an understatement . My wife has loved this house for 20 years and every time we drive past has said “ if that ever came up for sale.....”

Take a drive down Benfleet Road if you want a lesson in how to get any extension approved no matter how large or tacky.

Take a drive down Benfleet Road if you want a lesson in how to get any extension approved no matter how large or tacky.
yeah I know, the issue is greenbelt though, it’s a totally different set of rules, the first one being “no, now what’s the question “

You would be amazed on what can be done to most houses if single storey without planning permission. A 250% increase in groud floor space can be possible without planning ( but not in my case)
I love the fact that we have greenbelt, but the rules are soooo draconian and don’t allow for common sense ( and I don’t know the right people , or know how to bend the rules or can afford to take a chance).

yeah I know, the issue is greenbelt though, it’s a totally different set of rules, the first one being “no, now what’s the question “

You would be amazed on what can be done to most houses if single storey without planning permission. A 250% increase in groud floor space can be possible without planning ( but not in my case)
I love the fact that we have greenbelt, but the rules are soooo draconian and don’t allow for common sense ( and I don’t know the right people , or know how to bend the rules or can afford to take a chance).

I am sure a brown envelope would grease the wheels a little.

£6.95 - is that over-priced? Since having my gall bladder out, I can no longer do "greasy spoon" type breakfasts so this suits me.

Well the quality is pretty good but I think a seven touch for a breakfast is pricey. It is a tenner for spag bol and fiver for two sheets of cheese on toast as well.

It's always busy though so what do I know.

Holly Willabooby.
Can't get away from her on all channels. I should be safe on BBC 1, Michael McIntyre's big night out, nope, she even starred on that. Give us a break Holly, it's overkill.

I sold an old PC on ebay. A few hours after the auction has ended I get a message asking when the deadline for payment is. Then I start getting messages asking technical questions about the item that really should have been asked before placing a bid. I'm not expecting payment and am expecting to have to re-list.

I sold an old PC on ebay. A few hours after the auction has ended I get a message asking when the deadline for payment is. Then I start getting messages asking technical questions about the item that really should have been asked before placing a bid. I'm not expecting payment and am expecting to have to re-list.

Well they have paid up and in my opinion had got a bargain.

****ing Halfords. 20+ minutes waiting to be served by some surly teenager with a face full of bumfluff. Then to Go Outdoors where I was served in seconds by another teenager who was friendly and helpful. I know where I'll do my bike purchases from now on.

****ing Halfords. 20+ minutes waiting to be served by some surly teenager with a face full of bumfluff. Then to Go Outdoors where I was served in seconds by another teenager who was friendly and helpful. I know where I'll do my bike purchases from now on.
You could always try a local bike shop, they tend to be run by cyclists and they usual rely on repeat trade so tend to be customer friendly.

And a quick google and you seem to be spoilt for choice (don't bother with Evans (sports direct) .

You could always try a local bike shop, they tend to be run by cyclists and they usual rely on repeat trade so tend to be customer friendly.

And a quick google and you seem to be spoilt for choice (don't bother with Evans (sports direct) .

Halfords & Go Outdoors are literally around the corner from work I had to ride in on the missus' bike today as I had a flat, but no Presta valve adaptor for my foot pump and I was riding on one brake so I had to get that sorted before I go home.

I do use the local shop (Kings & Meakin) when I can, but not an option today.

It's ****ing down...in an hour I'll be riding a bike that's too small for me without any lights (at least the brakes work). Remember me fondly if this is my last post on here. :Stunned:

I walk through the top of Southend High Street each day about 7am and have noticed quite a few sausages on the floor within a 100m radius of Greggs.

I feel sadness for those who have dropped half their breakfast roll filling.

Back