• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I’ve increased my bid, but that was reluctantly after he came back and said what they wanted It’s still a way off what they want. I’ve told the agent where we stand, the reason for the offer. I’ve told them we are not out to make a quick buck this is exactly the house we can see ourselves in for a very long time.

It does sound like his getting fed up of them changing the goalposts from today’s chat. They’ve found a house and have put in an offer but need more than our offer to proceed. They’re moving nearer to family, both retired but moving to a more expensive area. They need to go so this final offer if they still say no or don’t counter to that wiggle room I’ve left will stay on the table unless we find something else. The agent says he is going to push them and is trying to get them to back down like you say he wants his commission.

Our position is a very good one, nothing to sell, no rental contract and ready to go. Mortgage argeed in principle and money ready to go!

Have you considered 'settling the matter outside of court'?

The thought had crossed my mind but now I think it’s probably just best to walk away and find something else.
Can you afford to wait until after brexit? Unless you have to move it might make sense to sit tight. We’ve found our dream house but the timing feels unfortunate. Working out this week if we make the move

Can you afford to wait until after brexit? Unless you have to move it might make sense to sit tight. We’ve found our dream house but the timing feels unfortunate. Working out this week if we make the move

My concern is will I still be able to borrow the same amount post brexit? Will the lenders not lend as much? There is no real rush other than our concern of not being able to borrow as much. If we can still borrow the same amount and the house prices drop we are obviously quids in.

My concern is will I still be able to borrow the same amount post brexit? Will the lenders not lend as much? There is no real rush other than our concern of not being able to borrow as much. If we can still borrow the same amount and the house prices drop we are obviously quids in.

People may not want to sell if they fall too low.

Lots of For Sale signs on Benfleet Road. I suspect Leigh will go the same way.

Yes, makes me laugh, two whacking big lumps next door to each other and they've gone on with internet agents and are still sitting there months and months and months down the line - in fact, over a year in one case!

@Ricey death and divorce will always mean there will be places to sell, I think you may be wise to wait until after Brexit, however, we are definitely seeing prices drop in Benfleet at the moment. All depends how low they're going to go.

People with their Christmas lights still on, door wreaths/bows still displayed - move on - it's over !

Yer, it was Epiphany yesterday, the 12th day of Christmas.

Looks like it's a wrap then.

On the twelfth day of Christmas my true love sent to me:
12 Drummers Drumming
11 Pipers Piping
10 Lords a Leaping
9 Ladies Dancing
8 Maids a Milking
7 Swans a Swimming
6 Geese a Laying
5 Golden Rings
4 Calling Birds
3 French Hens
2 Turtle Doves
and a Partridge in a Pear Tree

Fact, end of.

This was mentioned on the TV the other day. Depending on Christian belief, it can be the 5th or 6th of January. So they should definitely all be gone by Monday 7th.
Tradition here in the UK is that they should be down by the evening of the 6th. I was also amazed how many people still had lights on yesterday evening when we came home from visiting my parents.

Tradition here in the UK is that they should be down by the evening of the 6th. I was also amazed how many people still had lights on yesterday evening when we came home from visiting my parents.

I imagine these are the sort of people who drive cars with Comic Relief Red noses on the front year round.

Probably the same sort of parents that keep the prison system. Busy as well.

Looks like it's a wrap then.

On the twelfth day of Christmas my true love sent to me:
12 Drummers Drumming
11 Pipers Piping
10 Lords a Leaping
9 Ladies Dancing
8 Maids a Milking
7 Swans a Swimming
6 Geese a Laying
5 Golden Rings
4 Calling Birds
3 French Hens
2 Turtle Doves
and a Partridge in a Pear Tree

Fact, end of.

You know, if you add all those up it comes to 364. Makes you wonder if the lyricist forgot his true loves actual Christmas present and just bombarded her with wildfowl and out of work actors to make up for his tardiness.

Back