• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Run flats i assume?

Same as my BMW, any cold weather plays havoc with the pressure sensors
Had that on my Honda when I first got it. First sign was when I was doing 70ish on the M1! It turns out the sensors are on the axles in the centre so you have no idea which tyre it is. The Honda techs eased off the sensitivity and now ok.

Run flats are awful, the idea is great but they don’t half make the ride less comfortable. Can’t wait for mine to go so I can change for non run flats.

Black, black Saturday. No Southend game, taking the Xmas decs down and some are making it an art form and a prolonged attack from BBC breakfast trying to make me a vegan. Just **** right off, the lot of you, pah!

The whole vegan haters on social media are getting on my tits. If people want to be vegan let them be, if Greggs want to do a vegan sausage roll let them. Filming yourself buying one and putting it in the bin is ****ing pathetic and a very selfish thing to do when there are so many people on the streets hungry.

The whole vegan haters on social media are getting on my tits. If people want to be vegan let them be, if Greggs want to do a vegan sausage roll let them. Filming yourself buying one and putting it in the bin is ****ing pathetic and a very selfish thing to do when there are so many people on the streets hungry.

This, though, is quite funny....

I agree with you totally @Ricey, each to their own, just don't keep telling me I should be one.

Spent 4 hours in Southend A&E GP.
Full of druggies, the obese and half of the people were outside smoking when called to see the doctor.

Familiar sight pretty much everywhere, I reckon. Our local hospital has 'No Smoking Anywhere on this Hospital Site'. What do you see ? Dorks in wheelchairs - complete with drips attached - puffing their heads off, just outside the main entrance. Couldn't make it up - and the stench that blows back into the building :Sick:
Dunno why they don't make more of an effort to clamp down on it.....

Familiar sight pretty much everywhere, I reckon. Our local hospital has 'No Smoking Anywhere on this Hospital Site'. What do you see ? Dorks in wheelchairs - complete with drips attached - puffing their heads off, just outside the main entrance. Couldn't make it up - and the stench that blows back into the building :Sick:
Dunno why they don't make more of an effort to clamp down on it.....

Yes, especially if they are 10 month pregnant ladies as if often seen down at the Cardigan Wing of SGH, puffing away with no concerns apparent.

Estate agents, having our pants down by the looks of it!

See a house and get told by the owners they will take offers under the guide price. Offer under and now they are saying that want in the middle of their guide price! This is our third bid on the thing!

Estate agents, having our pants down by the looks of it!

See a house and get told by the owners they will take offers under the guide price. Offer under and now they are saying that want in the middle of their guide price! This is our third bid on the thing!
How is that the agents' fault? Sounds like a greedy owner! If it was offered as a Guide Price of a certain figure rather than between a range of figures, then that figure should be what the owner agreed with the agent they would take. If it's a range, it's fair to say they'd want between those figures, but I don't see how having led you to believe they'd take under can change to now wanting in the middle.

If the goal posts have changed there are two possible reasons, more than one party offering - in which case you should ask them to go to "best and final" offers - or the owners have got greedy.

It's a buyers' market out there at the moment, the markets are becoming flooded as people are becoming desperate, and prices, certainly around here, are beginning to drop. Don't allow yourself to be bullied!

How is that the agents' fault? Sounds like a greedy owner! If it was offered as a Guide Price of a certain figure rather than between a range of figures, then that figure should be what the owner agreed with the agent they would take. If it's a range, it's fair to say they'd want between those figures, but I don't see how having led you to believe they'd take under can change to now wanting in the middle.

If the goal posts have changed there are two possible reasons, more than one party offering - in which case you should ask them to go to "best and final" offers - or the owners have got greedy.

It's a buyers' market out there at the moment, the markets are becoming flooded as people are becoming desperate, and prices, certainly around here, are beginning to drop. Don't allow yourself to be bullied!

It just doesn’t add up how the owners said they would accept under the guide price and then when I offer under they say that want in the middle of their price range asking.

It’s just ****ing us off as it’s a very fair offer in this market and it’s the only house we’ve looked at that we can see ourselves living. The reason we won’t offer in the guide is because it doesn’t have double glazing, if it did we would happily offer that. We are holding back some of our budget to pay for that to be done.

It just doesn’t add up how the owners said they would accept under the guide price and then when I offer under they say that want in the middle of their price range asking.

It’s just ****ing us off as it’s a very fair offer in this market and it’s the only house we’ve looked at that we can see ourselves living. The reason we won’t offer in the guide is because it doesn’t have double glazing, if it did we would happily offer that. We are holding back some of our budget to pay for that to be done.

Tell them that's how it is then. Honest, hear it so many times - and USUALLY, the vendors see sense. Maybe go back with a slightly increased offer and say that's your maximum.

Are you in a position to proceed? That should also count in your favour if you are, all depends on how desperate they are - have they found, etc etc. If they have, then they may be able to get a reduction on what they're buying.

Talk to the agent, unless it's an internet one, they'll need to get it sold to earn their commission, so it will be in their interest for the vendors to accept your offer.

Tell them that's how it is then. Honest, hear it so many times - and USUALLY, the vendors see sense. Maybe go back with a slightly increased offer and say that's your maximum.

Are you in a position to proceed? That should also count in your favour if you are, all depends on how desperate they are - have they found, etc etc. If they have, then they may be able to get a reduction on what they're buying.

Talk to the agent, unless it's an internet one, they'll need to get it sold to earn their commission, so it will be in their interest for the vendors to accept your offer.

I’ve increased my bid, but that was reluctantly after he came back and said what they wanted It’s still a way off what they want. I’ve told the agent where we stand, the reason for the offer. I’ve told them we are not out to make a quick buck this is exactly the house we can see ourselves in for a very long time.

It does sound like his getting fed up of them changing the goalposts from today’s chat. They’ve found a house and have put in an offer but need more than our offer to proceed. They’re moving nearer to family, both retired but moving to a more expensive area. They need to go so this final offer if they still say no or don’t counter to that wiggle room I’ve left will stay on the table unless we find something else. The agent says he is going to push them and is trying to get them to back down like you say he wants his commission.

Our position is a very good one, nothing to sell, no rental contract and ready to go. Mortgage argeed in principle and money ready to go!

And they’ve rejected our next offer... **** this house buying lark it’s ****ing **** and stressful!

And they’ve rejected our next offer... **** this house buying lark it’s ****ing **** and stressful!

Suggest to the agent that they try and reduce their offer on what they're buying - you'd be surprised what people will agree to if they need to get a full chain together!

We took £5k less than the agreed to offer to get a complete chain on ours. Just keep emphasising the good position you're in, how you want to make it a family home etc, etc - pull on their heart strings a bit.

He’s done all that, he said he spent 45 minutes on the phone with them before speaking to me. Even offering to negotiate on their one they’re trying to buy. It’s ****ed me off they’ve all of a sudden changed the goal posts. One minute they want as close to the bottom end of the guide price now they want in the middle and can’t take any less.

Heart strings have certainly been pulled! And I’ve reiterated that to the agent and he said he’s tried all he can. Does appear now it’s more them being the pain than him which was my first thought. He sounds like he wants rid of them as they’re being knobs!

I suppose it’s just not meant to be! :Sad:

If that's the case mate, then something better is around the corner. Firm believer that things happen for a reason. Walk away from it....I bet they'll come crawling back to you in a few weeks.

He’s done all that, he said he spent 45 minutes on the phone with them before speaking to me. Even offering to negotiate on their one they’re trying to buy. It’s ****ed me off they’ve all of a sudden changed the goal posts. One minute they want as close to the bottom end of the guide price now they want in the middle and can’t take any less.

Heart strings have certainly been pulled! And I’ve reiterated that to the agent and he said he’s tried all he can. Does appear now it’s more them being the pain than him which was my first thought. He sounds like he wants rid of them as they’re being knobs!

walk away. been there and regretted it.

Tell them to sod off and move on.

Even if you do manage to get something sorted by some miracle, they sound like the sort of people you don't want to be in a chain with. They are bound to do something stupid further down the line or pull out altogether leaving you high and dry after spending lots of cash in the process.

GL with the search

Back