• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Thought I'd take my lunch later today so that I could catch the 1st hour of the 3rd ODI vs the Windies and it was delayed by rain! Meaning I saw no cricket in my lunch break, only Morgan winning the toss

Thought I'd take my lunch later today so that I could catch the 1st hour of the 3rd ODI vs the Windies and it was delayed by rain! Meaning I saw no cricket in my lunch break, only Morgan winning the toss
An hour with only an Irish tosser for company, bummer.

Put the Politics Forum back up for Christs sake. All these niceities are getting on my nerves. Confrontation is needed to ease them.

Shove it yer commie pinko ratbag..

(Just warming up for when it does come back)

Trust the wife and kids are well.
At least I believe in something, you can't make your mind up which right wing cesspit to wallow in.

Yeah all good thanks, middle daughter made a surprise visit from Nottingham, I said 'that's nice but I'm off to Accrington and your bedroom is full of furniture as a carpet is being laid'. They just don't think beyond their own bubble.

Hope all is good with you and yours and the Appleton Arms is being hospitable.

So a 12 year old boy is getting bullied in a Wickford school by a gang of 15-16 year old's. Sounds like the school is letting it carry on. He's been attacked, slapped and kicked on the floor. The father is rightly having a go at the school, but comments about it are nearly all having a go at the victim or his father. Bullies seem to have more support nowadays. Ggrrr.

At least I believe in something, you can't make your mind up which right wing cesspit to wallow in.

Yeah all good thanks, middle daughter made a surprise visit from Nottingham, I said 'that's nice but I'm off to Accrington and your bedroom is full of furniture as a carpet is being laid'. They just don't think beyond their own bubble.

Hope all is good with you and yours and the Appleton Arms is being hospitable.

The Appleton Arms is now The Benfleet Tavern but it still retains its warm welcome and friendly family atmosphere.

Put the Politics Forum back up for Christs sake. All these niceities are getting on my nerves. Confrontation is needed to ease them.

Seconded.

There’s vast swathes of lefty’s, roaming freely about this site, completely devoid of the condemnation & ridicule their beliefs deserve. It’s madness I tell you, madness!! It can’t be allowed to continue

Come at me, lefty swines.

:Fishing: :Winking:

Although seriously, with the latest political developments, it seems fair that they need discussing.

Without abuse, insults & accusations

Although seriously, with the latest political developments, it seems fair that they need discussing.

Haha. When the politics thread comes back it could go into meltdown the first day. So many have so much to say, they are bursting at the seams.

If there's evidence that that can happen, we might bring it back. Until then, ShrimperZone is what it's intended to be - a football-first forum with a common passion.

Politics is so diverse these days I think it'd still return to a shouting match before long. Let it die. If people want to talk politics I'm sure there's a myriad of politics forums out there. Who knows, they may have a sub League 1 football forum and you can all argue about Bart or Flavs and what happened to the Eastwood money on there.

Politics is so diverse these days I think it'd still return to a shouting match before long. Let it die

Translation: I don’t want it, so nobody else should have it.

Plenty of threads on the football section turn into shouting matches.

Plenty of threads in the pub section have turned into shouting matches. They both still exist.

It’s fairly simple, if there was a thread/forum I didn’t like/didn’t care about/didn’t want to be part of, then I’d just ignore it & not click on it.

As long as those who participate, play by the rules of no abuse, no insults & no accusations, then what is the harm?

If someone breaks those rules, then ban them from that specific forum. If you’re right, and everyone decends into that type of behaviour, then sooner rather than later, the forum will die, because everyone will be banned from it.

Back