• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

It's not my no 1 choice of neighbourhood, but at the end of the day I can't afford to buy where I'd ideally like to live. I've had a few mates who have moved to Melbourne over the past few years and they say it is fine. My other half lives in Tottenham at the moment so it's gonna be a big improvement for her haha

It’s so much better than it used to be, my aunt loved it there and she only moved away from there last year.

Having to queue up for 2 hours for a 2 min Zorb ride for Mk Jnr. Bloody foreigners coming to Spain and zorbing ....

My missus putting the 2 litre plastic milk containers in the recycling with the top screwed on, so you can’t crush it .. thank god the old milk delivery’s will soon be back

Daughter's "boyfriend" is still being a ****, three weeks in and he still doesn't know what he wants and is telling the counsellor outright lies.

Daughter's "boyfriend" is still being a ****, three weeks in and he still doesn't know what he wants and is telling the counsellor outright lies.

As hard as it may be for your daughter, really think she should 'cut her loss's' with this loser.
Appreciate it's an old saying but 'there's more fish in the sea'.
Short term heartbreak, long time happiness?.x

As hard as it may be for your daughter, really think she should 'cut her loss's' with this loser.
Appreciate it's an old saying but 'there's more fish in the sea'.
Short term heartbreak, long time happiness?.x

Oh I agree, unfortunately I can't make that decision for her. He's now playing along the lines of there must be something wrong with him to feel like this, but won't go to the doctors to seek out psychological help. And because she thinks there may actually be something wrong with him mentally, she's feeling that she shouldn't cast him off. All very commendable but, in the meantime, she's making herself ill.

He won’t improve, its almost akin to a game of moral blackmail on his part and he shouldn’t be playing with her feelings in such a manner. If he’s serious about their relationship and really cares about her then he gets help! If he’s not prepared to do that then she has to think of her own welfare first and foremost and not risk ill health due to such selfish and uncaring behaviour from the ****.

Oh I agree, unfortunately I can't make that decision for her. He's now playing along the lines of there must be something wrong with him to feel like this, but won't go to the doctors to seek out psychological help. And because she thinks there may actually be something wrong with him mentally, she's feeling that she shouldn't cast him off. All very commendable but, in the meantime, she's making herself ill.

Do you think he has any secrets? Only a friend of mine showed this sort of behaviour about 30 years ago. He admitted he messed things up with his fiancee (She left him forever) and he was not thinking and acting right, but he wouldn't tell us why. It turned out he had developed a secret cocaine habit. Once he kicked it with help, he was behaving normal again, and now happily married.
Not saying this guy has the same habit, but there seems to be something bothering him that he can't talk about.

I live in Royal South Benfleet and Chelmsford is my preferred destination if I want to buy something or go out for a meal.

Live Dosa is my restaurant of choice and the Bond Street area caters for people like myself even if nine times out of ten I am just trying to ponce free samples in Hotel Chocolat.
Agreed that Live Dosa is a fantastic place to eat - lovely people and incredible food. Been several times with my bro, usually after a visit to the summer or winter beer festivals. Last time I went they highly recommended Red Chilliez on London Road, Westcliff which is run by friends of there's but I haven't been yet.

Do you think he has any secrets? Only a friend of mine showed this sort of behaviour about 30 years ago. He admitted he messed things up with his fiancee (She left him forever) and he was not thinking and acting right, but he wouldn't tell us why. It turned out he had developed a secret cocaine habit. Once he kicked it with help, he was behaving normal again, and now happily married.
Not saying this guy has the same habit, but there seems to be something bothering him that he can't talk about.

I don't think so - and as former Border Force, she would know this kind of thing more than I would anyway - he just wants expensive adrenaline filled hobbies. Like, he told the counsellor my daughter wouldn't let him get a kayak. Now, she's not said that, but she's tried to point out the practical stuff - where would it go, how would he transport it etc. I'm sure it's just a pre-30th crisis of some kind.

She is not going to turn him into the bloke she wants him to be so time to move on.

She's not trying to turn him into anything, she just wants him to realise he's not a kid any more.

I don't think so - and as former Border Force, she would know this kind of thing more than I would anyway - he just wants expensive adrenaline filled hobbies. Like, he told the counsellor my daughter wouldn't let him get a kayak. Now, she's not said that, but she's tried to point out the practical stuff - where would it go, how would he transport it etc. I'm sure it's just a pre-30th crisis of some kind.

She's not trying to turn him into anything, she just wants him to realise he's not a kid any more.

Pre-30th crisis? If he’s like this just before 30 will she then have to go through the same when he is 40? Has he got a new circle of friends? Maybe some that are slightly younger and are able to do these Adrenalin fuelled activities with the responsibilities of mortgages and long term relationships?

He’s an idiot and doesn’t realise what he has got. He will soon realise it when it’s too late. Best thing for her is to cut her ties, I know it will be hard but he won’t change. If he is lying in counselling then he isn’t putting the effort in. And as someone else said it’s your typical emotional blackmail.

Bin him off, she’s young enough and will not struggle to find someone who will appreciate her and not be a bellend!

Sorry to sound flippant, as I genuinely don’t mean to be, but he’s hiding something Kay. Nailed on.

Sorry to sound flippant, as I genuinely don’t mean to be, but he’s hiding something Kay. Nailed on.

He is almost certainly too weak to admit he doesn't want to spend his life in this relationship and is looking for any excuse he can.

Almost certainly too weak to admit he doesn't want to spend his life in this relationship.

You’re not wrong.

Although I wouldn’t rule out the possibility of outside interference also adding to the situation. Not necessarily another bird, but definitely something

You may all be right, I don't know. His friends don't have mortgages but either rent or are still at home, although are similar in age to him. I believe some are quite envious of the fact that he has his own house!

The problem now is that, because some people have suggested mental illness, she's saying, well, what if he is ill - as if she feels she has to be responsible for him! Hasn't helped that her aunt has said he's saying the same stuff as her best friend did before she threw herself off a bridge over the A12 a few years back.

Most likely doesn’t like facing up to his responsibilities.
I understand her feelings if she believes he is suffering with some “mental health” problems as you don’t live with someone and have no attachment but, on occasions you have to bite the bullet and just put it down to experience.
Relationships are two way.
She is sill young enough to enjoy life so she should go out and enjoy but, as a mum I know exactly how you are feeling right at this time.

Back