• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Unfortunately those type of company’s are few and far between.

And of course, a good company might well value you, but might not be able to accommodate all of your (reasonable) wants/demands/expectations. Or, for lack of a better term, they rely on your good nature to simply accept the status quo, and not rock the boat.

Sometimes a bit of gentle encouragement can get the ball rolling in the manner you want it to. If it can’t, well like I said to MK, you have to do what’s right for you, as an individual.

NR has strict pay bands and you can't exceed them and it is very, very rare for a role to change upwards. It has a repututation of letting skilled people leave rather than accomodate them. I can't walk up to my boss and demand a 10% rise as pay bargaining is strictly unionised a I get what everyone else gets - there is the chance to get .5% more if I overachieve but for such a tiny amount, what's the point of breaking my back?

NR has strict pay bands and you can't exceed them and it is very, very rare for a role to change upwards. It has a repututation of letting skilled people leave rather than accomodate them. I can't walk up to my boss and demand a 10% rise as pay bargaining is strictly unionised a I get what everyone else gets - there is the chance to get .5% more if I overachieve but for such a tiny amount, what's the point of breaking my back?

I wouldn't leave a job for a 10% pay rise unless I was very unhappy.

Which is what I was alluding to. Even though they may value you, there’s nothing they can do, to accommodate your wishes.

Unfortunately, it sounds as though you’ve only got two real options; stick it out & hope something changes one day, or look for a new venture.

Personally, I’d see what was about, and how realistic it would be to get the change you want, and then go from there.

Pub toilets that take the lock off the mens cubicle. Not everyone is going in there to do a bit of chang. Some people genuinely need a dump!

Pub toilets that take the lock off the mens cubicle. Not everyone is going in there to do a bit of chang. Some people genuinely need a dump!

Yeah but in fairness, there’s nothing worse than trying to rack up a cheeky line, when you’ve got the afterbirth of someone’s little brown fish, assaulting your nostrils.

Sounds like Scruttons has gone downhill.

Saturday. On top of the Lincoln defeat I was told by Mrs RHB that we haven't been down to the Carnival Procession for ages and she really wants to go this evening. So we trot off to Southend and decide to risk eating at East. First mistake, the food was terrible and cost me £29 for the privilege. Next up we stand next to the top level of the lifts and the wind is blowing a gale, second mistake, nuts truly frozen off by the end. Then the procession turns up, sort of. I have to say it wasn't very good and all I got out of the evening was the hump. One good thing though, we stood opposite Adventure Island and the Axis ride. I realised then that my evening could have been worse.
Axis.jpg

Car has gone in to repair minor collision damage and the courtesy car is a 2.0l Jaguar XE.

I should be happy but it is too small for a man of my build.

Yeah but in fairness, there’s nothing worse than trying to rack up a cheeky line, when you’ve got the afterbirth of someone’s little brown fish, assaulting your nostrils.

Sounds like Scruttons has gone downhill.

wouldn't drink in Scruttons if you paid me!:Smile:

Being stuck in a 70's time warp, & still refer to local pubs as they were called back then. I.E The Aristocrat, The Bacchanalia, Liberty Belle, Criterion & The Ivy House, where the hell is Scruttons?.

That says it all.....

Absolutely.

Incidentally, it’s one of the few remaining drinking establishments left in Tilbury.

Which I assume, is because the locals can’t be trusted to have pubs, for some reason.

Anyway, by the power of Google street view, here’s Scruttons. Inviting eh?

0AABB319-AA89-441C-BDF1-341CA9B02566.jpeg

Absolutely.

Incidentally, it’s one of the few remaining drinking establishments left in Tilbury.

Which I assume, is because the locals can’t be trusted to have pubs, for some reason.

View attachment 8698
That's a pub?!!

Jesus, I'll never slag off The Foresters again.

Absolutely.

View attachment 8698

Even the arms on the chairs have tattoos.

Looks nicer than the Benfleet Tavern.

That's a pub?!!

Social Club/Hovel to give it its true definition.

The type of place where people would get offended if you had the audacity to get glassed and bleed on the sawdust.

That being said, I don’t know what the place is like these days.

Edit: Sacha Baron Cohen filmed some scenes in there for that Grimsby movie he did.

Last edited:
Back